SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-14, 05:32 AM   #181
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

And once again a reminder. Please, Red, before dropping into any guest session there, please read the following first. It is essential info, really.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=55536

Also, if you give a fixed time on when you can/want to play, I could host a session for you and just for you and other subsim players, via password. Just give some time information in advance, best in UTC+0 format.

Any game session I ever password-protect, will have the password "subsim". Usually I do password-protect sessions only on specified purposes.
Old 06-25-14, 07:32 AM   #182
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

i'm video recording a Hunt right now but the free version of Bandicam only do 10 minutes videos at a time ill have to find a program to spice them all together but all ready got a 9 point blacktail with the 50 cal.Guess I should have use the bow instead I'm hoping to find a Elk
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 08:50 AM   #183
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And once again a reminder. Please, Red, before dropping into any guest session there, please read the following first. It is essential info, really.

Also, if you give a fixed time on when you can/want to play, I could host a session for you and just for you and other subsim players, via password. Just give some time information in advance, best in UTC+0 format.

Any game session I ever password-protect, will have the password "subsim". Usually I do password-protect sessions only on specified purposes.
Thanks pal. But first, we must see if I can run the game.

I just tested Fallout New Vegas and that runs alright so we'll see.
Old 06-25-14, 02:34 PM   #184
Skybird
Soaring

Also got my last post on the previous page, yes? Links there!?
Old 06-25-14, 05:56 PM   #185
Skybird
Soaring

The .22 air rifle is a new ballgame, and I love it.

Allowed for rabbits, pheasants and ducks, iron sight and scope are zeroed for 50m, a disdtance at which no correction needs to be done. The effective range is up to 100-120m max., I would say, however: no other rifle has so obvious ballistics, like this one, and beyond 50 m ou really need to know what range meets what marking in the crosshair. Also, pheasants beyond 25m and rabbits as well need headshots to drop them and avoid a long aftersearch, or escape, and that is what makes it difficult and fun. To acheive such hits safely, laying is recommended, but both species love the high grass, which brings obvious problems. Ducks can be killed per headshot at ranges up to thos 100m. And if shot from not too close range, the weapon also does not spook other nearby animals.

Rabbits and this rifle are a great addition to the game, much more entertaining, imo, than mallards and geese, also less costly. You buy the weapon, and that's it. No callers, stands and what else is needed.

The rabbits, btw, are very nicely animated. And - they cannot be called and do not call, you may hear them hushing around when you are very close, but due to their habit to also lay still and hide under a bush or in high grass, you can also step right onto them at times.

Try air rifle hunts on rabbits and pheasants! Definitely recommended!

Last edited by Skybird; 06-25-14 at 06:06 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 07:27 PM   #186
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
soon I will be in the 400 points ranks.
Just done! Jumped over the hurdle to HS=404 points. All drinks on me...
Old 06-25-14, 08:30 PM   #187
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

had a good hunt going this morning had 3 kills a elk and two blacktails but the net went down for several hours so went for a hunt this evening only got one blacktail skybird congrats on 404
Old 06-25-14, 08:44 PM   #188
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

those are some monster-sized rabbits

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-14, 09:15 PM   #189
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

the drinks is on sky how about a nice thick rabbit stew he got several of them looks like their the size of jackrabbits
Old 06-26-14, 03:38 AM   #190
Skybird
Soaring

Due to the way the ingame camera for screenshots works, perspective gets distorted and objects in the foreground appear disproportionally bigger, also the scaling of objects on such opportunities indeed is a bit queer. In gameplay, rabbits appear in their proper size, pheasants as well.

Its just the trophy shots that that mess up scaling.

Thanks, lesgreen. I do not say how many hours it took to get there, for people would pout me into hospital if they read the hours in numbers. Playing since Dec. 2012.

But subsim's RickC is with the game since 2008, I expect him to have a much higher rating.

Buildings in the game also are oversized, btw. Just visit the farmhouses at Hirschfelden.

But in game, these mis-scalings do not matter, nor do they jump into the eye. Ifd the cottontails appear too big, imagine them to be hares, then the size matches almost pefectly. Also, more stew that way.
Old 06-26-14, 01:31 PM   #191
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I just thought you killed this guy

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 05:01 PM   #192
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

I hit a moose earlier first spot I found blood the huntermate show it was close the first spot then found two more spots of blood started following them but then founds the spots say fleeing now they are saying roaming been after this moose for a hour I have it plause see what you all think I don't know if he down by the first set I found wasn't for all the smoke from the cap and ball I could seen the direction he was headed lol
Old 06-27-14, 05:10 PM   #193
Skybird
Soaring

Two scenarios. The animal was wounded, fled, became tire,d walked slower, spirits loosing the body, and it finally went down somewhere. Happens like thios in the game.

Or it crossed during its escape the tracks that led it to you, and you did not realise that you suddenly did not follow the tracks anymore that it left when escaping, but that you now follow tracks that the animal left before you hit it. Animals crossing their own tracks, can be really a bummer.

Spend a reasonable amount of time for searching. And when you feel like it, move on and forget it. You lose an animal, and thats it. While not getting a score, the hit nevertheless counts for your skill level raisings regarding the weapon you used.

You also get a warning by Doc not tol let animals left int he wild. A meaningless message that is, it has no further consequences in the game.

Moose are tough - You have to hit them right, or with a real slam. Possible that it still lives, and will live on.
Old 06-27-14, 05:54 PM   #194
Skybird
Soaring

I checked your stats and saw that your tracking skill for moose still is level 1. That means your tracker's radar horizon, your viewing range, still is very short, making tracking wounded animals difficult.

You use the Anschütz 8x57IS, also at level 1 still- That rifle is good enough to drop big game animals, but at level 1 it still has lots of movement in the sight and thus a not ideally placed shot is more possible, explaining the maybe just light wounding of the moose.

Shoot everything that moves, every hit helps to boost your shooting skill with that rifle. Log every track you stumble over, to boost tracking skills as well. With skill levels come more information from the track, and greater viewing range.
Old 06-28-14, 06:22 PM   #195
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

did finaly get a moose 205 meter shot with the Anschütz 8x57IS finish her off with the 50 cal cap and ball