SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-08, 04:20 PM   #166
Powerthighs
Beach Leaf

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hello Ducimus, thanks for all your work on Trigger Maru. It, along with RSRD, makes SH4 worth playing.

Quick question: Is there a way I can modify TMO to put the grainy effect of the PP filters back into the game? I remember some discussion around this when TM first came out, but I can't find it with search.

Thanks,
Powerthighs
Powerthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-08, 07:07 PM   #167
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan
Installed TMO a few days ago. I'm enjoying it immensely. THere is one aspect of the vanilla SH4 I miss and that is having the time compression immediately go back to 1x upon visual or other contact of a boat or plane. It appears that TMO won't do that. At least it didn't with the first few fishing vessels I came upon. I've looked through the FAQ adn other docs that came with the download and coudln't find an answer. Is there a way to turn this function back on? Thanks in advance.
If you are using RSRDC, the first few fishing boats you run into will be neutrals (they will have green 'tails'), and the TC will not go back to 1X. Nor will it return to 1X for any allied shipping/warships.

RSRDC included neutral fishing boats in the mix. Stock SH4 didn't have any neutral fishing boats as I remember.

The TC will return to 1X upon sighting Japanese fishing boats, however. There was a 'convoy' of 5 - 200 tonners for me last night. Gave BOTH of my deck gun crews lots of practice (I'm in the Nautilus). You can also attack two targets at once by controlling the stern gun, and the 'crew' will handle the forward gun for the second target.
Old 03-18-08, 08:41 PM   #168
SuperCavitation
Loader

Downloads: 0
Ducimus,

Awesome mod. Loving it.

Quick question: I followed these instructions:

Quote:
[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the semicolon placed in front of the key assignment, and you have the next/previous cameras back.
... and now when I hit the keys the objects are all invisible, including myself. I'm pretty certain I have read the readme properly and I do have the external cam enabled.

I also, after making the changes, disabled/renabled the mod (and SP1) and started a whole new career.

What'd I miss?

EDIT: Ok, I put Greyling to sea and now what I'm discovering is that the "free camera mode" and the "chase cam" seem to be .... merged... somehow. When I view my ship, it's way to my left unless I use trhe "free cam" controls to straighten my view back out. What can I do to mod this back to the 'normal' way?

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast. For I intend to go in harm's way." - Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778, in a letter to le Ray de Chaumont.

Last edited by SuperCavitation; 03-18-08 at 08:53 PM.
SuperCavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:29 PM   #169
CDR Resser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 65
Default Adding TMO Components to other mods

I broached the subject of adding Bungo Pete and your new construction career option to the upcoming release of RFB.
It would seem that the campaign layers are not something that they are working on, at present. I probably missed a post somewhere along the way.
Would this be possible for someone to perform independently, with your kind permission of course. If so, would it simply involve inserting the proper files inthe proper locations.
Forgive my ignorance and I realize that this is not Burger King. Please feel free to tell me to go fly a kite. I understand that modding has taken up too much of your time and intruded too much on your life. Thanks for all your hard work.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

Holy Equestrian Order of Saint John Moses
Sometimes, in war, there is an inverse moral. The greater the performance, the harsher the consequence. R.H. O'Kane
CDR Resser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:43 PM   #170
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Your free to use anything ive made, however you see fit. I make it a point not to get overly attached to stuff that is basicly public domain the instant it leaves my computer.

Bungo pete was released as a standlone mod, im sure if you search for it, you'll find it. NewCon, you'll need to take Parkers Tin Can 1 and 2 out of TM. As for Bungo pete appearing in RFB, thats up to you. "Bungo Pete" is fiction, created in the mind of Edward Beach, but arguably inspired by historical figures of the time, but fiction none the less. Hence, i wouldnt expect to see him appear in RFB, which strives to keep itself 100% historically accurate, where as i may deviate from that from time to time.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 07:54 PM   #171
CDR Resser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 65

Thanks for the info. I will search for the Bungo Pete mod.
As I said in the post on the RFB thread, realism with just a touch of whimsy sounds just about right to me. I think thats why TM appeals to me. Your additions make reality more "real". You are truly an artist. Thanks.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

Holy Equestrian Order of Saint John Moses
Sometimes, in war, there is an inverse moral. The greater the performance, the harsher the consequence. R.H. O'Kane
CDR Resser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-08, 03:50 PM   #172
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3
Default Service Pack 2

SH5 is dangerously close to being perfect. I just have a problem with damage since SP2. Once a plane has bombed me and done any damage to the Engines, that's it, they're kaput! No amount of repairs can slavage them and I just become a drifting bath-tub. Also, once damaged, I sink like a stone if I attempt to submerge. This is not the first time I've heard about this problem. I believe some were experiencing the exact same thing all the way back to the Stock game. Everything else is amazing! Please help?
Old 03-21-08, 06:49 PM   #173
Iain MacLean
Swabbie

Downloads: 17

Hey all,

Just getting started with TM and RSRD, and have to say, I am glad I played through the stock game for a while before changing over- that way, I can see just how much better you all have made it. Firstly, my thanks.

Now, a few questions- and yes, I went through the read-me...

Actually, it's one broad question, and several possible answers- I'm not sure which changed this, TM or RSRD, so I figured I'd just ask everyone-

What can I do to reset my key bindings to what they were in the stock version? So far, the only thing that I've been missing/noticed is that my Enter key no longers fires torpedoes, and that my Backspace key no longer pauses the game. I know there is a config file somewhere I can fiddle with- I would just like the keyboard setup to get back to something I'm used too.....

Thanks all for the help, and again, wonderful work on these mods.
Iain MacLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 11:33 AM   #174
scrapser
Captain

Downloads: 12
Default Couple Questions

I started off with TMO v1.5 and the SP1 file. Now I see SP1a and SP2 files are available. Do I need to disable the SP1 file and only use the new SP1a and SP2 files or do the two new files install on top of SP1?

I'm also using RSRD and want to try the new Environmental 4.0 files with TMO. Has anyone else used this mod with TMO and RSRD?

Thanks much!
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 11:42 AM   #175
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133417
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 12:23 PM   #176
Toltol
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default contact colors & warship / merchant / convoi / task force distinction on map?

Is there a way to get the color codes for map contacts back (blue / red)? And another question, how can I get the different map icons for contacts (convoi / warship / merchant / task force) back?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-08, 12:39 PM   #177
JREX53
Frogman

Downloads: 353
Uploads: 13

Toltol,

Try reading the FAQ section in the first post it will answer your question.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330

JREX53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 12:49 PM   #178
Toltol
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREX53
Toltol,

Try reading the FAQ section in the first post it will answer your question.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330
I did, but the answer is not there. Mind you, I'm not talking about "ship sillouttes" or "tails" but the contact icon itself (small / big square, small / big diamond) and its color here.

Edit:

Found it, for anyone with the same problem: delete the folder data/menu/gui/units from TMO and then reinstall the mod.

Last edited by Toltol; 03-22-08 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-22-08, 05:56 PM   #179
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Enjoying TM immensely. Discovered that I prefer the stock wake and propeller bubbles graphics because I confirmed that my machine runs smoother with the older graphics. Nothing personal against the work in the mod (Because it's spectacular), but I'm trying to find the files in TMO that modded the new wake graphic and the new propeller churning/bubbles graphic so I can change them back. Any ideas? Thanks.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 04:12 AM   #180
gouldjg
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 4

Thanks for all the hard work Ducimus and co.

It is greatly appreciated.

Jay
gouldjg is offline   Reply With Quote