SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-08, 06:52 PM   #91
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1480
I can't run the darn thing! I get radio.ini file not found message. I believe I followed your directions, D/L'd, extracted to the mods folder, opened up the folder, extracted the exe file to the desktop and I get the introduction to the program but then the error message.... Mind you I'm of eastern eurpeon descent and my mom is blonde...... Thanks
My Mom is blonde, too, maybe we're related?:rotfl:

Actually, the exe file needs to be in the same folder as SH4.exe. Then you can create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Depending on how you extract the download, you will get a folder named RSM1.0 (or RSM1.1 depending on which version you downloaded) or you will get a folder named RadioStationManager and a documentation pdf. The folder that needs to go into your MODS folder is RadioStationManager. AFTER you activate RadioStationManager you can create a shortcut on your desktop to the RadioStationManager.exe file to run it with. That should eliminate the error.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 08:06 PM   #92
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Thanks, just made me feel more moronic than I thought I really was!

Holler at ya later because I'll probably have screwed something else up soon.

U of G will be unbeatable next year.
1480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 10:00 PM   #93
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks, just made me feel more moronic than I thought I really was!
:hmm: Didn't mean to be a downer.

Quote:
Holler at ya later because I'll probably have screwed something else up soon.
:rotfl: You should have seen how many things I screwed up writing the thing:p

Quote:
U of G will be unbeatable next year.
Oops, I'm a Tech fan :rotfl:

Seriously, I hope you get it working.

Old 02-13-08, 11:13 PM   #94
Lead Slinger

All is well, added the burns and gracie station we shall see. I did the "apply changes" it errored message twice one on Cpt Midnights CBS station and the burns and gracie show, something to the effect: no media found? I am waiting till Friday night to whip out SH4 because I've had to play SH3 because of few new mods that are just out of this world. Great work, thanks for the fast service and although I'm not a big of the SEC in general just seeing those two tailbacks the bulldogs have just make you shake your head. I'm not too familiar with the state itself and don't really know the "geographical" break down of U and Tech fans are, so my bad. I can't wait for Rich Rodriguez to shock an awe the alumni of M. Go BLUE!
Old 02-14-08, 09:09 AM   #95
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
All is well, added the burns and gracie station we shall see. I did the "apply changes" it errored message twice one on Cpt Midnights CBS station and the burns and gracie show, something to the effect: no media found? I am waiting till Friday night to whip out SH4 because I've had to play SH3 because of few new mods that are just out of this world. Great work, thanks for the fast service and although I'm not a big of the SEC in general just seeing those two tailbacks the bulldogs have just make you shake your head. I'm not too familiar with the state itself and don't really know the "geographical" break down of U and Tech fans are, so my bad. I can't wait for Rich Rodriguez to shock an awe the alumni of M. Go BLUE!
Those errors that you get are because there are a couple of missing (or misnamed) media files in that mod. You can just comment those entries out or try to find the media files to match. I think there was a patch for that mod that corrected that problem, but it's been a long time since it came out. Any changes that you were in the process of making for that station will not be completed if those errors occur. Those errors will also cause a CTD when the date/time of the event is reached in game.

I'm not much of a college fan at all, but I went to Georgia Tech, so I have to give the UGA fans hell whenever I get the chance:rotfl: Tech and UGA are only 73 miles apart, so you'd have to look pretty close to tell what's where, and besides the entire state seems to be Bulldog country, so no worries in that respect.

Old 02-15-08, 12:13 PM   #96
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Default New version available, bug fix included

Thanks to Fred8615 for pointing out a problem with the "Add Event" function and for helping me diagnose it while he works on a new radio station.

The bug is now squashed and a new version is available on the first page or here. This application will only be available in the smaller footprint version from now on.

My apologies to any of the other Radio Station creators that this problem might have annoyed

Old 02-15-08, 01:08 PM   #97
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

And a big thanks for fixing it, and for RSM in general!

Where was this when I was creating my first stations?
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 05:01 PM   #98
Lead Slinger

Hey DT, WTF am I doing wrong? Do I need to start a new career using your application because I've done everything you told me to, I did the prepare, it gave the OKAY and still, all the stations revert back to the beginning programs. If I hear the George Burns talk about dressing in drag in order to hitchhike back home, Ill have to up my meds again Thanks much in advance. Oh, I forgot it's 1.4 version w/RFB/ROW/RSRD are the base mods and a few of the eye candy ones. If you need the complete list just let me know.
And yes, I did d/l v 1.2 today, still no-joy.

Last edited by 1480; 02-15-08 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-15-08, 07:34 PM   #99
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

When you did the prepare function, did you actually click on the save file that you were about to load, or was it the hightlighted save and you clicked ok without actually clicking the button next to the save name?

For some reason (that I have yet to figure out), you have to actually click on the button to the left of the save that you are about to load before you click OK. The button will look like it's depressed after you click it and the little black arrow will display on the button. After you click on it, press the OK button and all should be well.

Old 02-15-08, 09:40 PM   #100
Lead Slinger

Dunno, I will check it out and play for a teency bit (I have a IJN task force a bit over 8,000 yards on my bow) and will get back to you. Thank you sergeant!

Did the trick thanks for the great mod, maybe if I would've re-re-reread the readme I wouldn't be taking up BW w/this....Thanks.

Last edited by 1480; 02-15-08 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-03-08, 11:49 PM   #101
Lead Slinger

Good news! It appears your mod works for 1.5. I sent ya a pm about what I had to do get it working properly via a copy and paste method and the save folder error but that too was worked around.

Old 03-04-08, 07:34 AM   #102
DavyJonesFootlocker
The Old Man

Downloads: 138

Could you have it at Down Below site? Can't get it at File Front.
A proud member of the Wikipedia Haters Club
DavyJonesFootlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-08, 09:12 AM   #103
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Good news! It appears your mod works for 1.5. I sent ya a pm about what I had to do get it working properly via a copy and paste method and the save folder error but that too was worked around.
Thanks, 1480. I don't have the addon (yet), but will soon. From what I've seen of the file changes, it looks like the only possible hang-up would be in the save file that I use to prepare stations for a mid-patrol game reload. Barring any problems with that, everything else should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker
Could you have it at Down Below site? Can't get it at File Front.
Thanks to longam, it should be up there soon. Until then, try here and see if you can get at that one.

Old 03-04-08, 09:24 AM   #104
Lead Slinger

Yeah, its no big deal, just had to start and save a patrol to get it to recognize the save file. I ASSume that it would work the same if you just set up the career, and exit the game from the captains office, since that gets written into the save game file. Just a thought...

Old 03-04-08, 09:32 AM   #105
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, its no big deal, just had to start and save a patrol to get it to recognize the save file. I ASSume that it would work the same if you just set up the career, and exit the game from the captains office, since that gets written into the save game file. Just a thought...
Wel, technically, until you start a career and do that, there would be no game save file (only a saved files folder, which is what you choose in RSM). Under the circumstances you specified above, there would no need to use a save file for the "prepare" function, anyway. The radio portion of the game handles the date just fine for new careers and "in-port" saves. It's just the mid patrol saves that have a problem with events replaying. For in-port saves, RSM does the same thing as if you selected "New career" when you did your "prepare".

Also, if you're running multiple installs, make sure you select the right save folder for the game you're about to play