SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-20, 04:26 AM   #31
Gerd Priess
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Would have loved to see Bristol Beaufighters as part of the RAAF inventory considering they packed a real punch against shipping in the Pacific.

Game is looking very nice...
Gerd Priess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-20, 07:00 AM   #32
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 2

No worry mate - the list on the website was conservative, hasn't been updated since it went online. Since then we've added other rather specific SWPAC planes such as the A-24 or the Beau (that might have a role if we make a couple hypothetical scenarios on the Gili Gili/Milne Bay ops)
Amiral Crapaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 05:45 AM   #33
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

To stoke up the interest in the subject matter among naval enthusiasts and to engage all who want more actively participate in research to learn about it, would you consider letting some of the historical digging to be done by the community? Sure there a many questions about all of the true and authentic details of this past WW2 era and serious and really deep research inevitably takes precious time.

So why not share some of the questions and some of the research subjects on this forum and see if community can help to bring you some answers.
Polak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-20, 02:19 PM   #34
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Hello there

Well, we do that already - we received much help from our community on our social media accounts (Twitter & Facebook in particular) and elsewhere (Drachinifel kindly opened a channel on his discord to help us get in touch with his community). The shipbucket crowd has provided us with quite a few rivet counters overtime. We have regular exchanges with Bismarck from Military Aviation History, or the curator of Armoured Carrier. In a word, so far we get our needs well-covered, worry not

We will release our steam page this week, and it will also involve a discord server dedicated to these matters. Our research advisors will be working with us on their own dedicated sub channels, but if we or they were to be in need of external help, we will gladly use that tool to make it happen

Cheers!
Old 04-25-20, 08:49 PM   #35
Polak2
Weps

Glad to hear that you well covered. I will be looking for that Steam page as well.
Old 04-27-20, 08:52 PM   #36
Gerd Priess
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiral Crapaud View Post
No worry mate - the list on the website was conservative, hasn't been updated since it went online. Since then we've added other rather specific SWPAC planes such as the A-24 or the Beau (that might have a role if we make a couple hypothetical scenarios on the Gili Gili/Milne Bay ops)
Great to hear.... Many thanks!
Gerd Priess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 12:05 PM   #37
Polak2
Weps

Again, I must most sincerely commend and applaud for all the time and work you guys put into pre-game strong exposure and introduction to Task Force Admiral while developing it. This is sure good policy and it catches the attention of even old, senile and blind fellows like me

However, I do not quite understand why Discord TFA channel is being shared/mixed with Sea Power? Any particular reason for that?
Old 05-01-20, 03:50 AM   #38
Xaron
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
However, I do not quite understand why Discord TFA channel is being shared/mixed with Sea Power? Any particular reason for that?

I think that is because Drachinifel (the channel owner) doesn't want to clutter his discord too much. But I agree it would make sense to split that as there can be kind of confusion as both games are not directly related.

Our own channels will go live soon.
Xaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 08:12 AM   #39
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
Again, I must most sincerely commend and applaud for all the time and work you guys put into pre-game strong exposure and introduction to Task Force Admiral while developing it. This is sure good policy and it catches the attention of even old, senile and blind fellows like me

When I got in touch with Drachinifel, he kindly proposed to create a channel specifically for TFA.
Knowing that I might not have enough traction all by myself and considering that we had been helping each other for months, I asked if I could extend the invitation to the Sea Power team - which he agreed on too. It is not to be our official discord, just an interface to interact with his community. As such instead of having two channels half-dead I'd rather have something more alive and kicking by sharing the love

Just like the Sea Power team though, we're currently preparing our own official discord channel. That's another reason why it's better to stay together and not spread ourselves thin each on our side at Drach's.

Cheers!
Old 05-01-20, 09:22 AM   #40
Polak2
Weps

Quote:
As such instead of having two channels half-dead I'd rather have something more alive and kicking by sharing the love
Indeed that is a valid reason. Glad you are getting your own separate channels for both titles as interest and popularity merits that for sure.
Old 05-05-20, 09:31 AM   #41
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Hello guys!

By now you all have heard about the news, so no need to elaborate

If you want to be good chumps and contribute to the final victory on the Imperial hydra in the South Pacific, you know what to do Gents!

Feel welcome to wishlist
This way please! --> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Force_Admiral/

Cheers and thank you for your support!
Old 05-06-20, 04:18 PM   #42
Bonfleck
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I sure hope they decide to redo Silent Service. Best game from the 80's EVER!
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 02:28 PM   #43
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

So i'm a little confused......are individual units playable like a simulator. Like Taskforce 1942 and 1942 Pacific Air War?

Anyway...it looks great and it's been a dream of mine to have an upgraded version of both those games with obviously better graphics and gameplay.

From a damage stand point...are you modeling the "wet deck" worst case scenario of getting caught arming and refueling and being attacked at the same time? For BOTH sides? Nagumo takes a lot of flak for his decision making and how that left the carrier strike force vulnerable at the (in hindsight of course) most inopportune time. His luck ran out.....luck created by overconfidence in the element of surprise and ignoring critical intel which gave clues that US might know that they were coming... (Miracle at Midway is my #1 book on the subject).
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 08:24 PM   #44
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Which kind of Japanese subs will be in the game? (If there are any)

Pt-Boats?

S-Boats?
Old 05-09-20, 09:34 AM   #45
Amiral Crapaud
Electrician's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
So i'm a little confused......are individual units playable like a simulator. Like Taskforce 1942 and 1942 Pacific Air War?

Anyway...it looks great and it's been a dream of mine to have an upgraded version of both those games with obviously better graphics and gameplay.

Hi there!

Thank you for the kind words.

No, we're making a realtime wargame the likes of Carriers at War or Pacific Air War Carrier Battles module. It is not excluded that at some point we'll tackle the platform simulation level, but it's not for vol.1
After all that is said and done, we're still a small team at the end of the day. Gotta make sure we make it happen properly before we think about expanding it further, right?

Quote:
From a damage stand point...are you modeling the "wet deck" worst case scenario of getting caught arming and refueling and being attacked at the same time? For BOTH sides? Nagumo takes a lot of flak for his decision making and how that left the carrier strike force vulnerable at the (in hindsight of course) most inopportune time. His luck ran out.....luck created by overconfidence in the element of surprise and ignoring critical intel which gave clues that US might know that they were coming... (Miracle at Midway is my #1 book on the subject).

Well
Nagumo's decisions were not so much based on over-confidence than actual events hampering the proper executions of the orders - and random events allowing the events to flow like they did.

Had the Chikuma scout found TF-16 like it should have had it flown properly its course, Nagumo would have received a spotting report before he got to re-order a second strike on Midway. It just snowballed from there. But as long as objective #2 (neutralize Midway as a base) is the first objective because objective #1 (sink any enemy carrier) is disabled by the absence of any sighting report, you can't blame him - and you can't blame the AI - for acting on what is then actual knowledge.

Miracle at Midway is a nice narrative but it is unfortunately largely weakened as a reference by the digging that has been made since then (especially by the iconic Shattered Sword you probably have heard about). Sorry if I am to disappoint you on this, but I sincerely recommend to read Lundstrom Black Shoe Carrier Admiral as a good example of what result we're trying to achieve. And yes, "wet decks" are part of the whole affair, otherwise where's the challenge

Tags
indie, indie game, task force admiral