Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-24, 07:57 PM   #1411
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post

Sometimes the music's better than the film.

@ vienna....what was the clip you posted about the Strip Club...it's "Unavailable" in my country. Bummer...that was quite a story and reminds me of similar things here in "The Cross" in Sydney. We get a lot of film crews going through the place shooting music videos, movies, tv mini series, and they treat the place like a giant film set..."screw the locals" attitude. There's about 30+K people live here in 2 square miles ( used to be one of the most densely populated places on the planet ).

They'd take over all the street parking, bus in loads of extras, locals banned from shops, restaurants, etc etc, while they're filming. And the end product was nearly always a load of.....

The video clip was for Girls, Girls, Girls by Mötley Crüe; the fact YT is forced to block out certain videos, usually due to record company desires to keep a stranglehold on their distribution rights, is a big peeve of mine; there have been several videos I have tried to click on (mostly posted by Jimbuna) that are labeled as "not available in your country" by YT; the odd thing is, a lot of the videos can be accessed via YT in the countries of 'origin', e.g., if YT tells you, via SS that the video is unavailable, if you try to access the same video directly thru YT (not by clicking on the link is SS), you might be able to access the video after all...

Since I live in Hollywood, film crews commandeering locations is a rather regular occurrence here in LA; it used to be the crews would really bully their way into neighborhoods and cause the same manner of disruption you described in "The Cross; it used to be really bad; I once had to brush aside a PA who tried to keep me from entering my home building at about four in the morning; I had just returned home after spending an entire day and almost all of the night working on a project at work; I stopped off to pick up a take-out meal at a nearby 24 hour fast food place and headed home; as I turned the corner to go down my block, a young PA, armed with a clipboard, a walkie talkie, and an air of self-importance, blocked my path and said they were shooting some film or other and I wasn't allowed to go down the block; I told him I lived about 2/3s of the way down the block and I was just trying to get home after working solid for about 20 hours straight with no food or rest; he told me, if I wanted to get to my home, I would have to walk around the entire block to approach the building from the other end of the block; that was the last straw and I just walked up to him, nose to nose and said, firmly and calmly, "I'm going down this side of the block and, unless you've got a badge and a gun to back it up, you ain't gonna stop me; the look of shock on his face was priceless; I walked past him and down the block; as I stomped my way down, I could hear murmuring from some of the crew , wondering who this rather angry stranger was; as I started to walk the final few feet to the building's front door, I heard someone, who I assumed was the director, shouting and fuming how "that guy is ruining my shot!!"; I entered the building, entered my apartment, slammed the door and enjoyed my meal, secretly enjoying the fact I had ruined his shot...

Shooting films in LA is much different nowadays; several years ago, there was drastic increase in the population of Downtown LA (aka DTLA), which had been, for several decades, a late night ghost town; because there was no one, other than the homeless in DTLA at night, film crews had little to no restrictions on noise making or taking over large chunks of areas with impunity, particularly sine film and TV are very major cash generators for the local economy; however, loft living became trendy in DTLA and an awful lot of people with lots of money moved in and gentrified the area and they weren't about to put up with the film crews bullying and lack of consideration; since the loft people were a also a major political group, the City was forced to enact restrictions and conditions on film shoots; a film regulating office was set up, FilmLA, and no filming is allowed now unless FilmLA signs off on any project; among the things film crews mu now do to comply and get a permit is to notify, at least 2 weeks in advance, each home, apartment building, business or other affected entity, in writing of the nature, scale and scope of the filming to be done including dates, times, parking effects, noise, and any other possible issues; the notices must contain the actual names of the company doing the filming, the name of the project, the names of those responsible for the shoot, along with the phone numbers/emails of all involved; with all this info, anyone who has an objection or concern can contact FilmLA and get a resolution before the final permit is issued; and there are hefty fines if the film crews step outside of their stated intents; gone are the days when the crews would just show up unannounced and push aside the locals...

<O>
Old 03-18-24, 08:10 PM   #1412
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-24, 08:40 PM   #1413
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 58

Thanks vienna, it looks like a nice place, the club.

Last edited by Eisenwurst; 03-18-24 at 09:45 PM.
Eisenwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-24, 12:11 AM   #1414
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-24, 06:42 AM   #1415
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-24, 02:58 PM   #1416
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-20-24, 01:59 PM   #1417
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-20-24, 05:49 PM   #1418
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

Old 03-21-24, 06:22 AM   #1419
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-24, 07:49 AM   #1420
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-23-24, 01:05 AM   #1421
Eisenwurst
Silent Hunter

A tender love song with amazing camera work

Old 03-23-24, 06:03 AM   #1422
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-23-24, 02:22 PM   #1423
ET2SN
ET2/SS

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 07:27 AM   #1424
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-24-24, 03:14 PM   #1425
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

<O>