SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-22, 05:44 PM   #1
Hewi
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default reserve torpedoes are empty

hi, i made a career in sh3. I've already sunk a lot there, but now all my torpedoes have been fired. The reserve too. and the extra reserve too. Then I read a message on how to reload torpedoes with the WE and his function. This also worked, but I could only reload a single torpedo and then that was it. How can I now equip all the tubes with torpedoes again? Thanks in advance.
Hewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 05:05 AM   #2
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewi View Post
hi, i made a career in sh3. I've already sunk a lot there, but now all my torpedoes have been fired. The reserve too. and the extra reserve too. Then I read a message on how to reload torpedoes with the WE and his function. This also worked, but I could only reload a single torpedo and then that was it. How can I now equip all the tubes with torpedoes again? Thanks in advance.
What do you mean with "WE an his function"?
Old 04-23-22, 02:53 PM   #3
Hewi
Swabbie

Default WE function

The WE have a function when you click on him ( down in the left corner ) you can choos between 3 or 4 options. and the last have a symbol where 2 torpedos are ontop of each other.

That i mean with WE functions.
Old 04-23-22, 07:52 PM   #4
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

You can press keyboard 'i' and see what remaining torpedoes you have. You can click and drag torpedoes to the desired tubes for reloading. If auto reloading is enabled, which is default, then it should take care of itself. To load the external reserves one must be surfaced. You need to make sure there is enough crew in the torpedo compartments for loading to take place (F7). If playing without unlimited torpedoes in the realism settings you have to return to a friendly port and end the patrol to rearm. Some mods also have supply ships and u-boats you can rearm at whilst at sea.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 02:29 AM   #5
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
The WE have a function when you click on him ( down in the left corner ) you can choos between 3 or 4 options. and the last have a symbol where 2 torpedos are ontop of each other.

Okay, yes, I think, stork100 gave you some good tips.

Only thing I would add to that is, that whenever you reload torpedoes, you do it with min. x64 TC. That way, the crew in the torpedo compartment doesn't fatigue.
Old 04-24-22, 04:41 AM   #6
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:

Weapon Officer
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-22, 02:08 PM   #7
Hewi
Swabbie

Default Help

Thank you all for writing me.

But sadly i have the same problem. When you press this function from WE ( now you know what i mean ) you see the U-boat and the tubes, below the reserve torpedos and more. little bit more left you see a torpedo that is ontop of the U-boat but right from the bridge. After sometime this torpedo symbol got away but my tube 1 is filled with a single torpedo. now this symbol is away 1 tube filled and all other tubes are empty.

how can i get new torpedos now? Or should i end my career and start a new one?

Thank you all!
Old 04-24-22, 02:51 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Thank you all for writing me.

But sadly i have the same problem. When you press this function from WE ( now you know what i mean ) you see the U-boat and the tubes, below the reserve torpedos and more. little bit more left you see a torpedo that is ontop of the U-boat but right from the bridge. After sometime this torpedo symbol got away but my tube 1 is filled with a single torpedo. now this symbol is away 1 tube filled and all other tubes are empty.

how can i get new torpedos now? Or should i end my career and start a new one?

Thank you all!
Sounds like what you are describing, is the external reserve stored torps... & if that is indeed the case... the only means/methodology, to get at them... is to have to surface, making sure you have good well rested crew staffed in the torp room that, that particular torp is assigned to... either fore or aft.

That said, in addition, you MUST be surfaced, to initiate the transfer of it from the external stores location, to inside the sub, in this instance... your uboat, that you are in command of.

Know that some mod base set ups... require good, calm weather, to do this... some, do not... just depends on what mod set, that you are rolling with here.

Now, know that too, depending on the mod set... initiating a transfer from external storage, to inside, will also follow a given path of the torp going from external storage, to inside the sub, then to being auto loaded into the tube... provided you have auto reload turned on.

Hope that this info, as always, helps...

M. M.
Old 04-24-22, 03:00 PM   #9
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Also... if you have NO torps left, at all... then the only thing left to remedy that in particular... is to:

A. Hit up a milk cow uboat, or a docked ship that is set up for resupply duty, if you are in the assigned time frame that such resources are available.

This can be one through what is commonly referred to, as... pseudo docking... getting to where either of these resupply boats are located in the time frame that they are slated as 'available'... then instead of actually docking... I believe it was to select 'continue', thereby activating getting resupplied... again, dependent on what mod set you are running with, depends on just how much of a resupply is afforded you... at that time.

Some mod sets only allow for this to be done once... others, redo able, dependent on a 2-week window... meaning that you have to wait 2 weeks before returning to that resupply spot to do a resupply.

Or...

B. Doing a Return to Base... & docking, thereby... ending your patrol.

Useful, if besides resupplying your sub, it gives you time... to have any damages done during patrol that are NOT repairable, while you are out on patrol... repaired.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 04-25-22 at 11:24 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-22, 02:54 PM   #10
Hewi
Swabbie

Default torpedos

Thanks again for writing.

After i had no torpedos left ( external, internal, reserves a.g.o... 0, i had 0 torpedos left. in my whole boat. not even external.) i returned to the base. there it reloaded - like i said - 1 tube. i am surfaced, but at my port, at the sea, anywhere, there is nothing where i can reload external torpedos. (At the moment i dont know how this looks in the future.)

i play with no game changing mods. i use SH3 Commander only to start the game.

And where can i get reloaded from a ship on sea? Only from a mod or in the normal game settings.

Sorry that this takes so mutch time.
Old 04-25-22, 08:41 PM   #11
stork100
Weps

No worries, you're fine.
As you've identified you have 0 torpedoes left. I don't know why it reloaded one after you'd run out completely. It could be a bug or perhaps you made a mistake. The most practical way to replenish torpedoes and fuel, as in real life, is to end the current patrol. Travel to your home port preferably, press the escape key and you should see an option to dock at the port. This will end the patrol. Alternatively I believe you can still do it whilst far out to sea - it will say 'end mission' I think. (Although in stock SH3 it might come up with 'abandon career' or something - don't click that).

From there all your torpedoes and fuel will automatically be refilled and several weeks will likely pass. You'll be in the game menus and can adjust your torpedo loadout if desired, make available upgrades, manage the crew and view your current stats. You can exit the game if desired and view your progress in Silent Hunter Commander. You're then ready to begin your next patrol and should receive a new destination to go to. Set sail again! Your progress from the previous patrol is saved and your career continues. This is typically how it's done, as in real life.

As for resupply ships and U-boats I can't remember if they're found in the stock game, they would show on the map screen, but the large mods like GWX, NYGM, LSH, GWR, Onealex etc I believe should all have them. However they're a bit finicky to deal with sometimes and they only give you a partial resupply generally. They require the h.sie patch applied if you want the 'pseudo dock' option, which allows you to resupply from them without essentially quitting the patrol and starting another one.

Just try working with the first method and get into the swing of it all.
Old 04-26-22, 01:48 PM   #12
Hewi
Swabbie

Default Answers

Thank you!

i try that later. if you helped me. You made my life so mutch better.
Old 04-26-22, 02:51 PM   #13
Hewi
Swabbie

Default THANK YOU

Oh my god! Thank you so much! it worked!

Finally i can hunt again!

But i thank the others too for trying to help me

Have a great day!
i have to hunt

Old 04-26-22, 08:43 PM   #14
stork100
Weps