SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-20, 06:59 AM   #91
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222
Uploads: 0

I just took delivery of U-Boat Missions disk.

I am trying to install it to a new copy of SH4 which is on my D: drive but the disk isn't letting me select where to install, it is going to the C: drive.

Edited: I let the disk run, it installed a few files to the C: drive then started to install on my D: drive to Ubisoft SH4, but when I looked on the versions I have on my D: drive I could find it, I have uninstalled it using the disk.

Any ideas?

Col.

Silent and Violent

Last edited by Col7777; 08-13-20 at 07:34 AM.
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 02:37 AM   #92
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Seems I already had this and didn't realise, when I open the sim I get the screen saying +U-Boat Missions.
I have an upgrade disk I got years ago, I downloaded it from somewhere and put it on a disk, when I installed SH4 I then installed this upgrade, I'm presuming it is the U-Boat Missions.

Anyway I went and bought a proper one thinking it was something different duh!

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 08-14-20, 06:13 PM   #93
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I did similar... I had purchased the initial release, which was supposed to come in a tin box with maps and pictures, and other memorabilia... they ran out of stock apparently, by the time they got to my name in the alphabet... v1.01g or some-such... about a year and a half later, they came out with the v1.5 "patch", but you had to pay for it... Insult! I am not paying for something that should have been done correctly 5 "patches" ago! Every patch fixed 3 things, and broke 2... Anyway, probably about the time I first started hanging around SubSim, I discovered I had lost my original disk. So I bought the "Gold Edition". Then just after that, I found my original disk, and Ubi had dropped the price on the Uboat Missions Add-on, so I bought it... but then I lost the original disk again, so I bought a v1.3 version of the game to go along with my add-on... Then my add-on went "bad", since it was a Ubisoft download and expired (it did what? you say?), so they sent me a "new" one... I could go on. Needless to say, I now have a Ubisoft UPlay version also, for my Win10 laptop, so three working copies. Some of my friends have learned to not have "game night" at my house, and my sons also avoid playing SH4 with me on the other computers, but I still have fun... lol

Now, all that blathering out of the way, the game and all of its updates do indeed write to the Windows Registry, generally found on the "C:" drive, as well as checking the DirectX stack... The "update instructions" are rather cryptic, and assume you are an employee of the company, and have been keeping up with their email instructions...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-20, 12:23 AM   #94
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Ha Ha, thanks for the reply.

I've seen that lots of times with various sims/games they release an update and it supposed to fix or add something they forgot in the original version.
As for paying for it you are right because in a way they are admitting the original version was faulty and you bought it in good faith.

How many times do we read about someone's PC that was running fine then they got a Windows update and it caused a load of trouble, they Google it only to find lots of others are in the same situation.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Old 08-20-21, 10:37 AM   #95
Muyed
Swabbie

Downloads: 142
Default Muyed

Hey, Is it possible to play U-boat mission by using Silent Hunter 4 v.1.4.???????
Muyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 03:15 PM   #96
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

No. Version 1.0x through version 1.4 are Pacific US boats only. Version 1.5, or the Gold Edition or the U-Boat Missions Add-On on top of v1.4 is the only way to do the German side of Silent Hunter 4. Ubisoft has Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition is back up to $9.99 in the US store. The Steam store slightly confuses me - still... I can't tell if you need to purchase both Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific ~AND~ U-Boat Missions Add-On, or if you can just download the U-Boats, or what... It used to be easy to tell, that you needed them both... Amazon has Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific Gold Edition for $20 US... It used to be that you could get just the U-Boat Missions Add-On for $15US, but I do not see it offered anywhere anymore.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 04:31 PM   #97
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
No. Version 1.0x through version 1.4 are Pacific US boats only. Version 1.5, or the Gold Edition or the U-Boat Missions Add-On on top of v1.4 is the only way to do the German side of Silent Hunter 4. Ubisoft has Silent Hunter 4 Gold Edition is back up to $9.99 in the US store. The Steam store slightly confuses me - still... I can't tell if you need to purchase both Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific ~AND~ U-Boat Missions Add-On, or if you can just download the U-Boats, or what... It used to be easy to tell, that you needed them both... Amazon has Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific Gold Edition for $20 US... It used to be that you could get just the U-Boat Missions Add-On for $15US, but I do not see it offered anywhere anymore.
If not mistaken... on Steam, it is possible to obtain either ''Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, v1.4'' or ''Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions, v1.5''...

just have to make sure of the fact that you're grabbing the 2nd copy there & not the 1st one.

I managed to grab both, back when I caught Steam having a sale called a 3 in 1 pack, that consisted of SH3, both copies of SH4 there & SH5.

At that time, I caught that 3-in-1 deal, for $21 & some change, but.. that was some time back when I did though.

No idea what the price would be, when (& if ) Steam puts that package deal back out there.

Hope this info is found to be... useful.

M. M.

Old 08-20-21, 10:23 PM   #98
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
If not mistaken... on Steam, it is possible to obtain either ''Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific, v1.4'' or ''Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions, v1.5''...

just have to make sure of the fact that you're grabbing the 2nd copy there & not the 1st one.

I managed to grab both, back when I caught Steam having a sale called a 3 in 1 pack, that consisted of SH3, both copies of SH4 there & SH5.

At that time, I caught that 3-in-1 deal, for $21 & some change, but.. that was some time back when I did though.

No idea what the price would be, when (& if ) Steam puts that package deal back out there.

Hope this info is found to be... useful.

M. M.

When I first purchased Silent Hunter 4 in 2018, it made me buy both the Add-on and the regular game.

To be clear, the Add-on will only work if JUST Silent Hunter 4: U-Boat Missions is installed. You can't install both, and you can't just install plain ol' Silent Hunter 4.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 11:09 PM   #99
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
When I first purchased Silent Hunter 4 in 2018, it made me buy both the Add-on and the regular game.

To be clear, the Add-on will only work if JUST Silent Hunter 4: U-Boat Missions is installed. You can't install both, and you can't just install plain ol' Silent Hunter 4.
Ok, so.. I stand corrected.

They do have a packed deal of SH3, both copies of 4 & SH5.. for $39.99 & they could always drop a deal on it for less than that...

M. M.

Old 09-07-21, 08:17 AM   #100
Sewer Pipe Salt
Swabbie

Downloads: 57
Default Ubisoft Sale

I just purchased the SH 4 GOLD EDITION on Ubisoft for $2.50.

Its their Autum sale.
Sewer Pipe Salt is offline   Reply With Quote