Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes come on Jim, "Permaban" (keelhaul)
Why?

As much as I personally disagree with the post content there is no evidence of a forum rule violation to warrant such action.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 01-28-23, 07:40 AM   #9437
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-28-23, 07:52 AM   #9438
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes come on Jim, "Permaban" (keelhaul)

I know you don't like what was written, Reece. I don't either nor do our other Subsim members. Unless they are completely out of bounds,you can't stop them from espousing their warped views. It may well be that this individual is just " baiting " everyone.

I know you, like most of our members in Subsim, are better than that. These low minded individuals and their views are not indicative of the views shared by the vast majority of our members in Subsim. It's hard if not impossible to not be angry over what is happening in the Ukraine. Other than support our respective governments in their support and assistance to the Ukraine, there isn't a lot we can do.

It's probably better to ignore these trolls and not give them a voice. I'm also guilty of battling with a few trolls here as well, in the Ukraine thread. Trust me, I know it's sometimes hard to ignore these trolls when they say stupid things.

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-28-23 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-28-23, 07:58 AM   #9439
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-28-23, 08:04 AM   #9440
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 125,510 people (+800 per day), 3,189 tanks, 284 helicopters, 293 planes, 2,188 artillery systems, 6,344 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

As of the morning of January 28, 2023, the losses of the Russian occupiers amount to about 125,510 people.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 28.01.23 are approximately:

personnel - about 125,510 (+800) people were eliminated,
tanks - 3189 (+7) units,
armored combat vehicles - 6344 (+4) units,
artillery systems - 2188 (+8) units,
MLRS - 453 (+1) units,
air defense equipment - 221 (+0) units,
aircraft - 293 (+1) units,
helicopters - 284 (+1) units,
UAV of operational-tactical level - 1947 (+6),
cruise missiles - 796 (+0),
warships/boats - 18 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 5027 (+26) units,
special equipment - 199 (+0). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3396253

Old 01-28-23, 08:24 AM   #9441
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I will continue to speak with Russian Federation despite criticism, - Macron

French President Emmanuel Macron has said he wants to "talk to Russia" despite criticism of his dialogue with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to TSN.

"Some persons at one time or another could reproach me for dialogue with Russia, but I will continue to talk with the Russian Federation," Macron said during a reception at the Elysee Palace.

According to him, "all countries are responsible for the world order and should contribute to its maintenance." Macron also called on China to oppose the "imperialist war" in Ukraine.

"But who could defend the possibility of a free and stable international order if we turned a blind eye to imperialist war?" Macron added. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3396283

Ukraine expects to receive 24 modern fighter jets from partners, - spokesman of Air Force, Ihnat

Ukraine expects to receive 24 modern fighter jets from its partners as part of the first such aid package.

This was stated by the spokesman of the Air Force of the AFU, Yurii Ihnat, in a comment to the Spanish publication El Pais, Censor.NET informs with reference to RBC-Ukraine.

Ignat explained that we are talking about two fighter battalions, each of which will have 12 aircraft.

According to him, the priority for Ukraine is American F-16 fighters. However, the French Rafale fighter jets and the Swedish Gripen are also being considered as options.

The spokesman of the Air Force noted that, in addition to complex political discussions and decisions regarding the transfer of aircraft, Ukraine will not immediately be able to count on modern fighters on the battlefield. Ihnat believes that it takes at least six months to train pilots and ground crews.

It will be recalled that Ihnat previously reported that F-16 fighter jets are the most considered for a possible transfer to Ukraine due to their multifunctionality, and Ukraine has already started preparing airfield infrastructure for F-16 fighter jets. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3396281

Old 01-28-23, 09:20 AM   #9442
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31
wolf_howl15

Unleash the Falcons!

The Time is Now!

Old 01-28-23, 09:21 AM   #9443
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-28-23, 09:29 AM   #9444
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 01-28-23, 11:17 AM   #9445
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
Unleash the Falcons!
The Time is Now!
No, its not. It is a logistics nightmare, pilot training is far more time consuming than buildign the crew for a tank, so is maiontenance. And any airbas ein Ukraine housing Vipers will come uner immedoatey and constant attack. Russia may noit have totla air siperiority<, but it dominates the sky, the ukrianian airforce ha only very limited spaces where it can operate its few remaining Fulcrums.

Its complex a tasks with tanks already. With fighters it becomes even worse.

They should reserve the Dutch Falcons for Ukraine that become free due to the change to F-35s, yes, but I cannot see Western-made fighters flown by Ukrainians from Ukrainian airbases anytime soon, and certainly not this year. I even give the arirval of Abrams tnaks this year only a 50:50 chance, I think next year is mor elikely for that.

But then, we have been wring on so many things before the war, so maybe I get provne wrong on this fighter topic, too. But I must base on what makes sense to me now, not what maybe in the distant future may sound reasonably or not.

What happens if the maintenance chain of an airforce gets overwhelmed due to so high numbers of planes that it cannot maintain them competently, the German Luftwaffe has learned after it bought way more F-104 Starfighters than it could handle: the damn things did not stop to drop out of the German sky. In peacetimes. Of 916 fighterjets the Germans had bought, a spectacular 300 - ONE THIRD! - crashed. That earned the plane a certain nickname in Germany: widowmaker.
Old 01-28-23, 11:54 AM   #9446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Finland does not exclude involvement of Russia to disruption of Sweden’s introduction into NATO

Finnish Foreign Minister Pekka Haavisto does not exclude Russia’s involvement in burning the Koran during a protest in Sweden last week, which is why Turkey refused to support this country’s accession to NATO.

About it with reference to the interview of Caavisto, the Finnish TV channel YLETV1 reports Bloomberg, Censor.NET reports with reference to Ukrinform.

"This episode raises the question of whether a third party tries to" stir in a pot ", for example, Russia, or the other party that opposes membership (Finland and Sweden - ed.) ", - said Caavisto.

According to him, law enforcement officers are exploring potential relations with Rasmus Paudan, a far -right activist who burned the Holy Muslim Book in the center of Stockholm, and already "found some connections in his environment."

Although the Swedish government has not publicly commented on any connection between Paludan and Russia, Prime Minister ULF Kristerson said that there were forces that want to keep his country from joining the Alliance this week.

"There are strengths both in Sweden and beyond that, they want to interfere with Sweden membership in NATO, so we need to see provocateurs who are trying to aggravate Sweden's relations with other countries," Christerson said.

Currently, only Turkey and Hungary, two of the 30 NATO member states, have not ratified Finland and Sweden's applications. At the same time, the statements of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a general call into question the prospects for Sweden's accession to the Alliance.

Since the next elections in Turkey are expected in mid-May, Erdogan seeks to enlist support for religious conservatives in his country and will block any Sweden movement to NATO.

"The general opinion is that Turkey takes a time out on Sweden's accession to NATO and return to this topic is only possible after the May election," Havisto said.

He also added that he considers Finland unlikely the Alliance to join Sweden, although he said at the beginning of the week that it was possible.

Haavisto also noted that despite the suspension of official negotiations between the three countries, Finland continues to keep in touch with Turkey and he talks to his colleague Mevlut Chavushoglus "Every time something is happening in the international arena." Source: https://censor.net/en/n3396307

US Deputy Minister of Finance Flies to Turkey to warn Ankara about consequences for helping Russia bypass sanctions

The United States intends to warn Turkey of the negative consequences in the event of Russia’s help to bypass US sanctions imposed on it in response to a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Ukrinform reports with reference to the commentary of the spokesman of the US Department of Finance, Censor.NET reports.

According to the spokesman, the Deputy Minister of Finance for Combating Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Brian Nelson on February 2-3 will visit Ankara and Turkish Financial Center, Istanbul, where he will meet with representatives of government, business and financial institutions during which he will emphasize the need Avoid transactions related to the possible transfer of double -use technologies that can eventually be used by Russian military.

According to the spokesman, during negotiations, Nelson intends to confirm Washington's determination to continue to apply the laws and sanctions to Russia and other violators of international rules aggressively.

"Persons and institutions working in permits are at risk of losing access to US markets through business with sanctions," the spokesman said.

At the same time, he noted that Nelson will become the last high -ranking official of the US Department of Finance, who will visit Turkey to discuss with Turkish partners the issues of anti -Russian sanctions. Earlier, Washington has repeatedly attracted Ankara's attention to the inadmissibility of any action that can help Moscow bypassing the restrictions imposed on it. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3396304

Old 01-28-23, 12:35 PM   #9447
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Bloomberg and ISW report that the Russians are planning to launch a series of offensives that could last for 6 months and aim to break Ukraine's recent string of operational successes. The obvious intention is to anticipate the arrival of Western tanks and thus make them arrive too late. This also explains Ukraine's obvious frustration with Germany's delaying policy, as it was wasting time that Ukraine did not have.
Ukrainian pilots, meanwhile, report that learning to fly the F-16 is a matter of just a few weeks, but fighting with it, using all the possibilities and types of weapons the aircraft offers, is something that would take at least 6 months. So say the Ukrainian pilots themselves.
Kyiv expects the beginning of the Russian offensive for the date marking the one year jubilee of the war: February 24th.

----------------

That is my fear a bit, too: that the tanks come too late. Thats why I am so angry about the Germans: so much time wasted.
Old 01-28-23, 12:59 PM   #9448
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

ANYWAY!, the WWIII Nuclear WAR WILL BE.......!
Old 01-28-23, 01:45 PM   #9449
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

^ speaking of trolls.
Old 01-28-23, 01:46 PM   #9450
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Hybrid warfare –

"Swedish media suggest that Moscow was behind the protest aiming to sabotage Sweden's NATO membership bid"

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/inter...ning-in-sweden

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread