SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-01-21, 09:57 AM   #1
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Creating Heavy Weather

Ahoy Mates!
I'd like to increase the severity of the waves, swells and rain if possible. I have found some commands that list Precip, etc but I'm not sure what the values of 0, etc. mean. I assume the numbers increase in value by 1 up to 5 or so, which I also assume changes the severity. I'd like to know what changing the values will do. I'm not sure I'm ready for a hurricane ;-), but I'd like to get some missions with large swells and heavy rain. I found some mis files in the mission folder that look like they'll give me the desired effect. Precip, wind, etc., I know I can do a trial & error experimentation but some guidance would be helpful.
TIA
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 12:00 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
Ahoy Mates!
I'd like to increase the severity of the waves, swells and rain if possible. I have found some commands that list Precip, etc but I'm not sure what the values of 0, etc. mean. I assume the numbers increase in value by 1 up to 5 or so, which I also assume changes the severity. I'd like to know what changing the values will do. I'm not sure I'm ready for a hurricane ;-), but I'd like to get some missions with large swells and heavy rain. I found some mis files in the mission folder that look like they'll give me the desired effect. Precip, wind, etc., I know I can do a trial & error experimentation but some guidance would be helpful.
TIA

Which file(s) are you working with?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 05:42 PM   #3
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Creating Heavy Weather

Thanks for replying. I was looking at the .mis files that appear in each Mission. There are line items for Precip, clouds, weather and more. Is there a better place? I assume this provides the ability to control the variables in each mission using unique settings.
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-21, 06:05 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
Thanks for replying. I was looking at the .mis files that appear in each Mission. There are line items for Precip, clouds, weather and more. Is there a better place? I assume this provides the ability to control the variables in each mission using unique settings.
So from I have gathered through testing the .mis files in the patrol objectives folder (data/campaign/patrol objectives control the weather in campaign depending on which one loads up and are assigned. While have not set default weather to poor, I did change the weather intervals from 5 to 24, this seems to have brought more stable pacific like weather. When I patrol in the aleutians I plan to change the default weather in the proper files to see if can get more Aleutians like weather
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rain, weather, wind