SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-10, 07:59 AM   #61
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

the sh3 version is not sh3 like...personally i dont like the sh4 console stuff on the bottom right. looks odd somehow. sh3 modded gui (grey metal) looked much better...

just my3cents

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 08:05 AM   #62
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

impressive work, can't wait to take it out for a spin.
Old 03-25-10, 08:11 AM   #63
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Yes, truly impressive work.

I really appreciate it !!!

And looking forward to the next version !!!

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 08:21 AM   #64
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

so any major problems? I have one report of a crash via PM (a bad python error but not so sure I'm the cause of it). Work on the new version starts now with the items from post #2.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 08:28 AM   #65
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
so any major problems? I have one report of a crash via PM (a bad python error but not so sure I'm the cause of it). Work on the new version starts now with the items from post #2.

No errors to report. I tought I had but it turned out all my guys are injured and just weren't responding to commands (So that works Ok too). I wouldn't mind I'm just out on a new patrol and hadn't seen an action yet. I think I may have scrapped the dock on start of patrol, now the whole crew except navigation are injured and 0 morale .

But Mod is working lovely. Thanks Dark.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 09:03 AM   #66
ironkross
Lieutenant

Downloads: 64

This looks awesome. SH5 enhanced looks like the one I'll be using for awhile.
The effort you put into this excellent addition is noted and appreciated.
Thanks, dark.

Last edited by ironkross; 03-25-10 at 09:14 AM.
ironkross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:19 AM   #67
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Dark sent you a message.

And thanks for all the hard work.
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 10:27 AM   #68
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

just so you all know, the officer order categories and officer order bars do not update automatically. Currently you have to click on the officer and the officer category to see if anything has changed (whether conditions have been met or not). I have changed this in the newest version. It uses a timer that updates them at 0.25 second intervals.
Old 03-25-10, 01:30 PM   #69
DragonRR1
Officer

Downloads: 0

Great work on this DW, like the minimal look personally.

Comments (constructive!):

One possible semi-bug. The battlestations icon when clicked does order the crew to battlestations but not in the same way it does when you order it via the officer. There is no "bell" icon when using the UI. Also there is no change to the battlestations icon (it remains red). I suspect this may be the case with other icons too.

The compass is a bit big on my screen, not running at it's native setting, looks a little pixellated. FYI I run at 1920x1200 normally.

Despite the fact that the compass positioning makes sense from an aesthetic point of view it covers up the map scale bar which makes it looks like it is actually in the wrong location... However I don't have any bright ideas.. well other than get rid of it (optionally) and implement the mousewheel. hint hint

I remember you mentioning something about being able to change heading without bringing up the compass but can't find any way to do this.
DragonRR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:34 PM   #70
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonRR1 View Post
Great work on this DW, like the minimal look personally.

Comments (constructive!):

One possible semi-bug. The battlestations icon when clicked does order the crew to battlestations but not in the same way it does when you order it via the officer. There is no "bell" icon when using the UI. Also there is no change to the battlestations icon (it remains red). I suspect this may be the case with other icons too.

The compass is a bit big on my screen, not running at it's native setting, looks a little pixellated. FYI I run at 1920x1200 normally.

Despite the fact that the compass positioning makes sense from an aesthetic point of view it covers up the map scale bar which makes it looks like it is actually in the wrong location... However I don't have any bright ideas.. well other than get rid of it (optionally) and implement the mousewheel. hint hint

I remember you mentioning something about being able to change heading without bringing up the compass but can't find any way to do this.
mouse into the heading bar. Use the key commands to change the heading. Mouse out to take effect.

Can you show me a screenshot of this covering up you're talking about? I don't quite follow you.
Old 03-25-10, 01:38 PM   #71
TopCat
Helmsman

Downloads: 113

Hi Dark Wraith

No major problems. I tested the new sh5 ui with full tdc.

The problems I described in previous posts with the man/unman deck gun and man/unman flak buttons are still there, also with the new sh5 ui-buttons. Maybe this is a stock game bug that cannot be addressed.

The bug with strange behaviour when right clicking the crew icons was already described by somenone else.

I've got an issue with the sonar guy. He does not report friendly contacts, but this seems to be a stock game problem as well.

In general, your mod works fine so far. Very cool, mate!
TopCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:54 PM   #72
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Can you show me a screenshot of this covering up you're talking about? I don't quite follow you.
It's because the dial is placed over the TAI instead of over the heading ribbon. Moving it from the grayscale placement to the color placement would reveal the TAI map scale and bring the rudder tool over to the heading tool, like this:

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 01:54 PM   #73
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
One thing I would like everyone to do is play with all the options I made available to you, especially the ones dealing with the mini-map. I didn't test those (the mini-map ones) extensively so I need some feedback on them
I noticed when on the attack scope and using the mini map with the ruler to get my distance to a ship sometimes the numbers on the ruler overlap each other at the end of the measurement over the ship. Makes it difficult to read at times and I haven't noticed this before using the current UI mod.

This may have already been mentioned before but if not you can check it out and see what I'm talking about.

I've finally become familiar with using the enhanced version and enjoy it alot, you've done wonders with all the time you've put into this mod.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 02:04 PM   #74
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
It's because the dial is placed over the TAI instead of over the heading ribbon. Moving it from the grayscale placement to the color placement would reveal the TAI map scale and bring the rudder tool over to the heading tool, like this:

okay now I understand. I'll move it
Old 03-25-10, 02:51 PM   #75
joohnypl
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4

@TheDarkWraith You are doing great job!!!! im using your UI from beggining... i think UBI should hire you for next part ar to do new UI in patch 1.3..... or kill DRM

But i have one little question - how can i easily change style of UI ?

Keep in good working!
joohnypl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui