SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-23, 03:51 PM   #1
Vadansk
Depth Charge Magnet

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0
Default Help needed with installation of Japanese Career/Jyunsen B mods

Hello!

I have attempted to get the Japanese Career (and the required Jyunsen mod) to work, but to no avail. I have used JSGME for this process, as well as stock SH4 v1.5.

When I activate the mods, and only the two mods in either order and load the game, I do not get the japanese loading screens that I see in videos of the mod on startup, however I do see that the Uboat Career button has been replaced with an Imperial Japanese Navy Career button. When I click on this button, the game immediately crashes.

I've tried doing everything from a clean reinstall, to checking the career variants for the TMO and FotRSU mods (after more fresh reinstalls), which leads to the same series of events. I am at my wits end with this and any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crash.jpg (7.5 KB, 3 views)
Vadansk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 09:42 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It sounds like you have the game installed in the Program Files folder, since parts of the mod are there, but not all of them. Post back with your version of the game, whether a Steam or Ubisoft download, and what your install path is. You will also have to delete the Save folder, once you get the mod set-up correctly.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 10:49 PM   #3
Vadansk
Depth Charge Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It sounds like you have the game installed in the Program Files folder, since parts of the mod are there, but not all of them. Post back with your version of the game, whether a Steam or Ubisoft download, and what your install path is. You will also have to delete the Save folder, once you get the mod set-up correctly.
I am running 1.5, using steam installation, and my game is installed like this: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific
Old 04-20-23, 11:17 AM   #4
propbeanie

That should be a good path that will keep Windows out of your way then, when adding a mod. That (usually) only leaves the Save folder as a potential problem spot. When you add or remove mods, JSGME will change the files in the game folder only. However, the game runs mostly off the data in the Save folder. The game though, will not overwrite files that already exist. Therefore, when you add a new major mod to the game, you must clear the Save folder contents. The next time your run the SH4 game, it will re-create that Save folder, and populate it with the new data.

To do that, navigate into "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" and delete everything below that. You will lose all Gameplay settings and any progress thus far, but it should populate the game now with all of the new files, not just some of the pictures (most of which run from the game folder). Another option would be to copy your "clean" Stock game folder (the "Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific" folder under "common" in your path), and then Paste that into another folder. You could use that Steam folder if desired, and then you would have "C:\Steam \Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific" for a copy of the game that you could then use to mod with (you could also re-name that if desired, maybe naming it after the mod you use). You would have to make your own shortcuts to that SH4.exe file in that folder. But you could download MultiSH4 v1.5, extract that and copy it to that new game folder, run it and then make a new, unique Save folder name with it, and that keep the two game folders from over-writing each others Save data. When I first started using it and the LAA (Large Address Aware) (or 4GigPatch), the new concepts basically confused me, but they are easy enough to grasp, and really help if you want to experiment with various mods, and not have to spend so much time getting a "clean" copy of the stock game each time you want to change mods, while also remembering to empty the Save folder each time... Leave the "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific" alone then, to play the Stock game, and for copying purposes.

Old 04-20-23, 10:11 PM   #5
Vadansk
Depth Charge Magnet

It works now following your instructions, thanks a ton!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_2023-04-20_231106003.jpg (10.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-21-23, 11:30 AM   #6
propbeanie

Tags
japan ijn mod ships, mod issue, sh4