SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-22, 02:57 PM   #5146
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Default 1.8 of Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate style RFB...lol..ha.ha..

Hello Beanie...
I'm really happy to hear such news. Especially for the navigation.. yes you understood my request perfectly... your mods with external camera like RFB as well as the navigation of bridge with movement the diving style RFB.. of the "bomb" what..!!
i want to see this ship hit the waves here a demo:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...ostcount=16667
If master vickers03 is in on it "it's going to send heavy .."
Personally, your work deserves and must appropriate the RFB style, it seems essential to me...I'm sure that all the elders here are waiting for that...even other players..
great news about @jimimadrids
Beanie you are the boss, this being my point of view for this work..
the custom I know that the team will do for the best and will make us happy I don't even doubt it!!!.. then there is no hurry...
I did some research about winter outfits for WW2 Pacific submariners.. I didn't see much except here
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...51&postcount=1
do you have any info on it Beanie thank you..

they are non-compliant ... no

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 11-22-22 at 03:29 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 04:24 PM   #5147
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
ok, wilco.

water flowing backwards?
not in SH4 but i have seen that in real life.
i have also seen it rain upwards, back towards the sky.
Oh yes, flowing backwards... happens when a lot of time compression is used, or configs are wrong, or after shelling out to windows, or all of the above or combinations thereof... it can almost make a person seasick when using the external camera. Very odd. Maybe not on par with rain going up (though I have seen that, and it was NOT on the water - roilling green clouds, and a tornado coming across an Illinois cornfield, headed for the trailer I was living in at the time) and I have seen the illlusion of the water going backwards when the winds were stronger and faster than the boat on real water... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hello Beanie...
I'm really happy to hear such news. Especially for the navigation.. yes you understood my request perfectly... your mods with external camera like RFB as well as the navigation of bridge with movement the diving style RFB.. of the "bomb" what..!!
i want to see this ship hit the waves here a demo:
[linkie]
If master vickers03 is in on it "it's going to send heavy .."
Personally, your work deserves and must appropriate the RFB style, it seems essential to me...I'm sure that all the elders here are waiting for that...even other players..
great news about @jimimadrids
Beanie you are the boss, this being my point of view for this work..
the custom I know that the team will do for the best and will make us happy I don't even doubt it!!!.. then there is no hurry...
I did some research about winter outfits for WW2 Pacific submariners.. I didn't see much except here
[linkie]
do you have any info on it Beanie thank you..
[pic]
they are non-compliant ... no
We have tried kapok life vests before, and they came out rather odd-looking. Perhaps jimimadrid or vickers03 have something top-secret up their sleeves for that maybe?? Jackets have been worked on before (P-coat with anchor buttons), and we will have another jacket next release. We have the white "dixie cup" canvas hats and the N3 Utility cap, along with a close-to-correct CPO hat and the officer's hats (no scrambled eggs allowed here). The tough thing about the submariner's uniforms of SH4 is that you cannot date-control them, which is why you see some N3 hats in 1941 & 1942, even though they were not issued until mid-1943... Those can be somewhat "controlled" with the conning tower "upgrade" (re-fits), but since those are a rather rare occurrence in SH4, most players never see more than one conn...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-22, 04:38 PM   #5148
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Oh yes, flowing backwards... happens when a lot of time compression is used, or configs are wrong, or after shelling out to windows, or all of the above or combinations thereof... it can almost make a person seasick when using the external camera. Very odd. Maybe not on par with rain going up (though I have seen that, and it was NOT on the water - roilling green clouds, and a tornado coming across an Illinois cornfield, headed for the trailer I was living in at the time) and I have seen the illlusion of the water going backwards when the winds were stronger and faster than the boat on real water... lol

We have tried kapok life vests before, and they came out rather odd-looking. Perhaps jimimadrid or vickers03 have something top-secret up their sleeves for that maybe?? Jackets have been worked on before (P-coat with anchor buttons), and we will have another jacket next release. We have the white "dixie cup" canvas hats and the N3 Utility cap, along with a close-to-correct CPO hat and the officer's hats (no scrambled eggs allowed here). The tough thing about the submariner's uniforms of SH4 is that you cannot date-control them, which is why you see some N3 hats in 1941 & 1942, even though they were not issued until mid-1943... Those can be somewhat "controlled" with the conning tower "upgrade" (re-fits), but since those are a rather rare occurrence in SH4, most players never see more than one conn...
Thanks for the details Boss..
really good news...
But I am surprised that there are very few photos of the deck combat outfits of the submariners in winter in the Pacific..
after that it is complicated considering the regions in the ocean the climate can vary so much..
DarkerNightsEnv_V2 still no problem I find it very good..
My best regards Beanie and thank you
cordially Kal Maximus U669
Old 11-23-22, 11:22 AM   #5149
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
... DarkerNightsEnv_V2 still no problem I find it very good...
Have you tried daylight surface attacks with that?...

Old 11-23-22, 02:40 PM   #5150
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default daylight surface attacks..

Quote:
Have you tried daylight surface attacks with that?...
hey Beanie..salutation..
No, the situation does not know how to present it yet.. yesterday I felt hot to attack several destroyers in broad daylight.. isolate on patrol along the Indonesian Celebes coast... but I changed my mind I found it completely stupid.. the night is better.. I have come across LCV barges and fishing rods is small business
I was attacked by this one.. strange thing he bombarded me from very high at sight 2000 meters.. I would say..

he made 2 passes then I didn't see him anymore. Usually these bombers descend lower..!! I find that curious..
but I will find an attack slot during the day it is inevitable believe me I am waiting for the prey..
I'll keep you posted boss..
Old 11-23-22, 06:12 PM   #5151
propbeanie

I am on a different computer, and do not have an FotRSU install to look at, but I do remember there are three Betty bombers, and a couple of them have multiple load-outs. In other words, you might be attacked by a Betty with a torpedo, which would spiral down to wave top, approach and launch. Depending upon circumstances, it might also strafe attack a couple of times. Then you have a "dive" bomber Betty that will do multiple attacks on a relatively shallow dive (for a dive bomber), and drop bombs, depth charges and/or strafe. Next is the level bomber Betty (which is what it sounds like you just had). It will stay relatively high and drop bombs, possibly strafing, possibly doing multiple runs. Last, but certainly no to be forgotten, is the Betty Bahka, which has the Bahka "guided" rocket to drop at you, and then the Betty might strafe attack afterwards. The Bahka (Okha) is only capable of the one attack... You will not see them until 1945. (The Zero and Judy kamikaze appear in October 1944.) There are quite a few ways to "die" in FotRSU.

Old 11-23-22, 06:53 PM   #5152
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Hey guys!

I've noticed that my frame rate is low and I am prone to lag spikes. This makes the game a massive pain to play so I was wondering what I could do to improve/fix these issues. I've searched online and haven't found anything.
Here's my modlist:

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
302_MoreDifficultAI001
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
399c2_NoScrollNavMap - OAKsSameSizedDials
650_LotsaDudz
801_UMark Triangle
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
805_CWC_FIOQv18
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster

My system specs are:
16GB RAM
CORE i5 9th GEN
NVIDIA GTX 1050
Acer Nitro 5

Any help is great. Thanks!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-22, 07:39 PM   #5153
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Hey guys!

I've noticed that my frame rate is low and I am prone to lag spikes. This makes the game a massive pain to play so I was wondering what I could do to improve/fix these issues. I've searched online and haven't found anything.
Here's my modlist:

Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
302_MoreDifficultAI001
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
650_LotsaDudz
801_UMark Triangle
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
805_CWC_FIOQv18
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster

My system specs are:
16GB RAM
CORE i5 9th GEN
NVIDIA GTX 1050
Acer Nitro 5

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=107

For your information the FotRSU does not suffer from these problems.. but others that will soon be gone...
Old 11-23-22, 09:54 PM   #5154
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
Hey guys!

Here's my modlist:

101_FotRSUv18_FixPak - Add
302_MoreDifficultAI001
305_LessJapaneseAirRadar
650_LotsaDudz
801_UMark Triangle
802_TMO_torp_tex_FotRSU (FotRSU has jimimadrid torps)
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
Nippon_Maru_v1.8_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.2_FotRSU
Combined Roster
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN - new sequence
805_CWC_FIOQv18

My system specs are:
16GB RAM
CORE i5 9th GEN
NVIDIA GTX 1050
Acer Nitro 5

As Kal_Maximus_U669 mentions, an alternative video config might help immensely. Also, and alternative mod list order would help in your case, since you have a few out of sequence. You will probably have to delete the Save folder data again because of that. That probably contributes to the frame rate issue. Also, be certain your Windows display settings match your display monitors "recommended" settings, and that you have SH4 set to that. Be certain that the 4Gig Patch (or LAA) are indeed properly set on the SH4.exe file (which has to be write-enabled). Another point to make about the frame rate, is that when you are near major harbors, especially Allied ports and inside the green circles around most of those, that you will have a difficult time getting about 128x TC at times there, and if you are after late 1943 with an APR-1 RWR, your framerate might be best set at 64x max near those ports, due to all of the "Radar signals detected, sir!" reports. No matter how much computer you have, the game still has a limited "bandwidth" that its engine can do... Also, try not to have too much going on in the background of your computer, including being certain to update a Win10 or 11 machine prior to attempting to play the game. Windows Update is a resource HOG of the Nth degree...

Old 11-26-22, 07:52 PM   #5155
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Default 40 mm does not move

hey fellas,

you've probably answered this in the past but i cannot find the post.

driving a Gar out of Midway, Mid-43.
the 40mm stern gun became available and i installed it.
while we were en route to our patrol area, i manned the weapon with crew and attempted to load the weapon with ammo. not only would it not load but it would not move. called battle stations but that did not make a difference.
the deck gun is the original 3 incher.
previously, the AA weapons and the deck gun were NOT slaved together.

is there another action i need to take to get the 40mm to operate?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 11:57 PM   #5156
propbeanie

There looks to be a "date" issue between the NSS_SubName.upc of 1943-06-01, the UpgradePacks.upc dating, and the Weapons.upc date for the single being 1943-08-01, while the dual is 1943-06-01... ?? I don't know how that slipped by the inspectors, but BuOrd accusations are flying...

Old 11-28-22, 01:28 PM   #5157
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
There looks to be a "date" issue between the NSS_SubName.upc of 1943-06-01, the UpgradePacks.upc dating, and the Weapons.upc date for the single being 1943-08-01, while the dual is 1943-06-01... ?? I don't know how that slipped by the inspectors, but BuOrd accusations are flying...
well, that's FUBAR'd SNAFU.

seriously, i am trying to goad SH4 into upgrading my Conning Tower and so i have refrained from tinkering. There are four levels of Conning Tower for Gar and although it is Q3 1943 i still have the original.

would the 40mm issue cure itself if the tower was upgraded to mid-war or even late-war status?

if no, then which files would i need to mod: NSSGar.UPC, Weapons.UPC, UpgradePacks.UPC, and.........?

LAA enabled
Old 11-28-22, 03:18 PM   #5158
propbeanie

The gun will probably have to be "fixed" by going into the Save folder and finding the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file with the "UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon" and change the date associated with it. You might also have to change the same thing in the UPCInitial folder. I am not certain of that. It would also fix itself - in theory - on August 1st... maybe. It would for certain work if you had a previous Save you could roll back to prior to the purchase, and change the Weapons.upc & UpgradePacks.upc files' Availability dates for the 40mm.

We have been doing testing since before the v1.8 release for items associated with conning tower upgrades, and sadly, the re-fits are fewer and farther between than free Tesla vehicles. I even did some testing in the Stock game a few weeks ago, with revised dating on the availability dates, as per Ducimus's "findings" of years ago... I never got one upgraded conning tower in Stock. However, I did manage to get a new Balao in August 1942... which of course, did not function very well... We have an idea, but it involves programming, which I'm not so certain we want to get into that, but... The game does the dice roll for the new boat first, apparently even if one is not available. Then it will do the dice roll for the new conning tower, but apparently at a lower percentage chance for a "hit". I have even Saved outside the harbor area, and re-loaded that Save a dozen times to come back in and try for a new conning tower... On a Gato, I succeeded one time in FotRSU going from #1 to #2 on the sixth try like that. It seems that something like a Salmon or Sargo does not stand a chance to get one, since there is always a new boat available...

Old 11-28-22, 03:54 PM   #5159
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
The gun will probably have to be "fixed" by going into the Save folder and finding the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file with the "UserPlayerUnit 1.UnitPartSlot 1.UnitPart.Compartment 2.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon" and change the date associated with it. You might also have to change the same thing in the UPCInitial folder. I am not certain of that. It would also fix itself - in theory - on August 1st... maybe. It would for certain work if you had a previous Save you could roll back to prior to the purchase, and change the Weapons.upc & UpgradePacks.upc files' Availability dates for the 40mm.
ok, i'll try to sync the dates in the four files and let you know.

Quote:
We have been doing testing since before the v1.8 release for items associated with conning tower upgrades, and sadly, the re-fits are fewer and farther between than free Tesla vehicles. I even did some testing in the Stock game a few weeks ago, with revised dating on the availability dates, as per Ducimus's "findings" of years ago... I never got one upgraded conning tower in Stock. However, I did manage to get a new Balao in August 1942... which of course, did not function very well... We have an idea, but it involves programming, which I'm not so certain we want to get into that, but... The game does the dice roll for the new boat first, apparently even if one is not available. Then it will do the dice roll for the new conning tower, but apparently at a lower percentage chance for a "hit". I have even Saved outside the harbor area, and re-loaded that Save a dozen times to come back in and try for a new conning tower... On a Gato, I succeeded one time in FotRSU going from #1 to #2 on the sixth try like that. It seems that something like a Salmon or Sargo does not stand a chance to get one, since there is always a new boat available...
this is an interesting topic.
recently i re-discovered Ducimus' whitepaper "On Refits" and was attempting to get SH4 to perform as he thought it would.
the last piece was put into place when i equalized the SubClass on Gato and Balao to equal that of the Gar.
however, after last mission, we were offered a boat upgrade and not a conning tower upgrade which was very disappointing, as i have been interweaving Good and Excellent missions and not achieving Outstanding missions with a view to matching Ducimus' paper.

followup question: if i refused an upgrade, will i need to wait three missions to be offered a conning tower upgrade or could that happen in the next mission or two?

LAA enabled
Old 11-28-22, 04:33 PM   #5160
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
is this purposeful or unexpected?
i ask because the Unitparts7Tambor.upc lists the Objects as Tambor_01 through _04...no Gato.

Tambor.eqp

[Equipment 1]
NodeName=Z01
LinkName=data/objects/Conning_Tambor_01
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19420430

[Equipment 2]
NodeName=Z01
LinkName=data/objects/Conning_Gato_02
StartDate=19420501
EndDate=19421231

[Equipment 3]