Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-15-21, 07:07 AM   #1
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default How to Download/Install Vers 1.5

I'd like to install V 1.5 but after looking at all of the downloads/mods/upgrades/etc I'm not sure what I need to download and install! Also, is SH5 the same as Vers 1.5 or SH4?
TIA
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 07:18 AM   #2
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 578
Uploads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
I'd like to install V 1.5 but after looking at all of the downloads/mods/upgrades/etc I'm not sure what I need to download and install! Also, is SH5 the same as Vers 1.5 or SH4?
TIA

What are you exactly looking for or what should have the version 1.5?
Do you need a patch for SH5, SH4 or a mod?

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 07:36 AM   #3
l02turner
Soundman

Default Installing Vers 1.5

all good questions! The answer is, "I don't know". I have seen in these forums that Vers 1.5 will provide the Atlantic U Boat war along with some things that will improve game play in the Pacific, which is what I'm after. Is SH4 V 1.5 the same as SH5? There is so much in the forums that is confusing I can't answer that, or maybe it's me?
TIA
Old 06-15-21, 08:04 AM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by l02turner View Post
all good questions! The answer is, "I don't know". I have seen in these forums that Vers 1.5 will provide the Atlantic U Boat war along with some things that will improve game play in the Pacific, which is what I'm after. Is SH4 V 1.5 the same as SH5? There is so much in the forums that is confusing I can't answer that, or maybe it's me?
TIA
You're in wrong forum.
SH4- Silent Hunter 4 game, which has the pacific war as its main theme and features an u-boat campaign in the expansion (that expansion is probably v 1.5 you're looking for)
SH5- silent hunter 5, different game which just deals with sailing u-boats in Atlantic.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 01:43 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

SH3 would be v1.4b (hopefully I have the correct number) for the latest version, and is the version required for almost all mods. It will usually show as "Product Version: 1.4.0.1" in the Windows Properties for SH3.exe

SH4 disk versions for the most part are v1.3 if a "Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific", while the "Gold Edition" is v1.5, and is usually "Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific". This does not always apply though, being dependent upon where you purchased from, and what country or "region" you are in. There is an "official" patch to take any version of v1.3 or prior of the game to v1.4, which is still just a "US Pacific" version of the game. That will show as "Product Version: 1.4.0.0" in its Windows Properties. A Steam download will show as v1.3 updated to v1.4, and has a 2nd download for "UBoat Missions Add-On" to bring their version (and their version only) up to version 1.5 - So you might need to make 2 purchases on a Steam download to get to v1.5 which is what most mods now use. There is an Amazon download available (Silent Hunter: Wolves Of The Pacific - Gold Edition), as well as a Ubisoft "UConnect" download available (also a Gold Edition), which is currently the least expensive way to go to get that v1.5 of the game. They will all show as "Product version: 1.5.0.0" in their Properties page. DRM is constantly changing though, and disk versions are very difficult and expensive to purchase. There are very few mods for v1.3, and few more for v1.4, with most mods written for v1.5 of the game.

Then there is Silent Hunter 5, of which, the only viable option would be v1.2 and then mod it. Version 1.2 will show as "Product Version: 1.2.0.0" on the Windows Properties page. One has to be very careful of DRM with SH5. Purchasing a used disk is a waste of time and money usually, since the disk is most likely already registered to another user, and cannot be re-registered. I am not familiar enough with the disk version myself, and I do not know if a person can break the link between the first purchaser and the disk. I have a Steam version of the game, and I can mod that for one, and only one mod, of which I use TWoS. I want to try Sober's mod, but it does not work with a Steam version. I also have a UConnect version of the game, and that does not work with TWoS anymore, unless you use THEBERBSTER's fix. That might also function with Sober's mod, but I have not tried.

All of this information is from a Silent Hunter 4 player, and your mileage may vary considerably with all three games. I enjoy all three games, but I definitely spend the majority of my time with SH4, and currently probably over 90% of my time there... I do tend to dote on one game or the other, and my SH3 time have been 'stealing' from SH4 lately. I am reasonably certain to back into SH5, trying to hone my ladder climbing abilities soon, as I attempt to walk through the boat, which I think is very cool. I am not a very good skipper though, and apparently contribute greatly to the enemy's cause instead - but I do have fun... If I misunderstood your question, or accidentally mislead you, please forgive me.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 02:31 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
A Steam download will show as v1.3 updated to v1.4, and has a 2nd download for "UBoat Missions Add-On" to bring their version (and their version only) up to version 1.5 - So you might need to make 2 purchases on a Steam download to get to v1.5 which is what most mods now use.
If I am NOT mistaken, as I do use Steam as a source (along with Ubi...), SH4 on Steam, is available to buy, grab, or purchase as the case is... in either the 1.4 or 1.5 versions for it.

The main common denominator delineating which is which, is:

v1.4
Silent Hunter IV (or 4): Wolves of the Pacific. Which is just the standard U.S. Fleet boat action. This one, does NOT include any access to or use of Uboats, in that version of it.

v1.5
Silent Hunter IV (or 4): Wolves of the Pacific Uboat missions. This version, includes Uboat action, but only as it pertains to action seen in the Pacific, for the short duration that Uboats were active in that theater of operation, as part of the tripartite accord between Germany, Italy & Japan. The primary Uboats as far as I know of that were used there in the Pacific, would have been more geared to the Type IX's, though it could have been possible with a couple of refuel/resupply stops along the way for the Type VII's... but.. more time prohibitive... therefore making it more feasible for the IX's to be used there. As they had the... sea legs, if you will to do so.

So, both versions here, can be grabbed separately, @ Steam... just have to be sure of which 1 you're grabbing when you go to do so.

If you're looking to round out the SH library as it were, Steam does have a combi pack deal on SH3, 4(both versions) & 5... available... which I did grab when they had it on sale @ $21(22+ some change after all was said & done ). Which was not a bad deal... Currently it is listed at $39.99 for all 3 right now as it stands.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.

Old 10-14-21, 07:36 AM   #7
l02turner
Soundman

Default Download/Install Vers 1.5

Thanks for the answers! Sorry for my delay in answering. Ok, there is probably some confusion on my part. I bought CD versions of SH4 and WOTP. If I recall properly one of these is a version 1.4, right?
I am also a member of Steam and will look there for a Vers 1.5 to add. It's possible I have a Gold Edition here somewhere as well as a Commanders Version - I think that's what it's called - it's been a while since I saw it but I think it had a Mission Creator built into it (or I may be wrong entirely and am thinking about something else.)
Anyway. thanks for the answers, I now have a better idea of what I should be looking for. I will search Steam as well as this forum for help.

oK - Went to Steam and found WOTP w/U-Boat Missions - ($9.99) so I'll give this a try. Hopefullly I'll be able to add TMP 2.5 successfully. ;-)

Thx again!
Ahoy!

Last edited by l02turner; 10-14-21 at 07:55 AM.

Tags
1.5, sh4, sh5