SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-15-16, 06:32 PM   #91
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

This cup of tea is brewing since decades. Accordingly bitter the brew now tastes.

That is while wise men in the middle of the last century already advised to put the kettle off the fire and the leafs out of the water. But everybody knew better, or so they said at least.

Enjoy your brew. They say good medicine must taste this bitter. And the real heavy chems have not even been rolled out yet.
Old 01-15-16, 07:37 PM   #92
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

You're in this teapot with us, unless you've managed to immigrate to Mars.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 07:36 AM   #93
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

ll I know is that I am getting my end of year investment reports and every single one of my accounts has grown. Not as much as I want, of course.

But I can remember a time, not that long ago, when having an investment hold its value made me the big winner in my household.
Old 01-16-16, 09:21 AM   #94
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
You're in this teapot with us, unless you've managed to immigrate to Mars.
Since some years already much less so than you can know.
Old 01-16-16, 11:40 AM   #95
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Property is possibly the safest investment area atm.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 11:55 AM   #96
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
But I can remember a time, not that long ago, when having an investment hold its value made me the big winner in my household.
Now there's another feel- good happy- ending story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Property is possibly the safest investment area atm.
ALWAYS!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 12:06 PM   #97
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Paper money, commodities (including gold and silver--nothing special about them at all), property, it's all a shell game. Whenever money is created it results in profits from the banks that created it plus more debt than money for the rest of us. The system demands that we who do not create the money go bankrupt periodically to cancel the debt out of the system to make it work a little while longer.

I sent this to Steed last week and I think it's still the best way to say it:
Quote:
The more I learn, the more I learn that there are no differences between the economic systems of the US, UK, Germany or even China. They all work the same way, with the bankers creating all the money in circulation, taking a cut off the top right when the money is fresh and at maximum value, building wealth, based on OUR debt, which is always a multiple of the wealth created. Then they insulate themselves from responsibility for that debt, leaving us to crash and burn periodically to justify the system for a short while longer.
Think about it. Debt is the basis of every piece of currency in all our systems. And the debt must always exceed the value of every dollar in circulation.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 01-16-16 at 01:05 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 12:45 PM   #98
Skybird
Soaring

Wer nicht hören will, muß fühlen. - German proverb.
Old 01-16-16, 01:28 PM   #99
Oberon
Lucky Jack

出る釘は打たれる - Japanese proverb.
Old 01-16-16, 01:30 PM   #100
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Wer nicht hören will, muß fühlen. - German proverb.
No Skybird, in this case the rules, procedures, methods--however you wish to translate that, are themselves flawed. Following the rules gets you the bad consequences.
Old 01-16-16, 01:33 PM   #101
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Quote:
出る釘は打たれる - Japanese proverb.
That's something like "the nail that sticks out is the one hammered down."

In this case the opposite is true. It is the ones that conform that are punished. The high nails of the banks who create the money are left alone.

Here's a flawed, but less flawed than any I've seen so far, , who creates it and why we have such crippling debt. It is about the United States, but the same process is at work everywhere regardless of what kind of government is running the show. This video on first glance looks like it's from a crackpot. Stay with it and you'll find that this is a carefully considered, sober and reasonbly framed picture of the overall world economy.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 01-16-16 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-16-16, 01:35 PM   #102
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
That's something like "the nail that sticks out is the one hammered down."

In this case the opposite is true. It is the ones that conform that are punished. The high nails of the banks who create the money are left alone.
In which case

出る杭は打たれるが、出すぎた杭は打たれない
Old 01-16-16, 05:47 PM   #103
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
No Skybird, in this case the rules, procedures, methods--however you wish to translate that, are themselves flawed. Following the rules gets you the bad consequences.
What have you translated there then...???

If you do not listen (to good advise), you must bear the consequences. And that is what the ordinary people supporting their elites and legitimizing them while all the time these elites lead them deeper into the mess, will have to endure.

If you do not learn the lesson and repeat the same mistake of trusting and legitimising the same rotten breed of characters time and again, you will see what this earns you in the end. It won't be pleasant, I assure you.

You also have to face the consequences to believe the mainstream thinking based on wrong assumptions, distorted conclusion and false claims. Economic science today are no science, but esotericism, nothign else but this. Pseudo-regiuous and artifically blown-up carricatures of mathetmtical graphs and formulas, to give a blending shine to where there is no substance. Keynesianism declares the oil it spills into the fire to be the cure to extinguish it. Still people stick to it, greed makes them believing that they will belong to the last lucky ones being able to make a fortune before the party crashes, and that they could still get away. Noble price-winning economists claim they can form value out of nothing - the alchemists at least needed a handful of dirt or lead to turn that into gold. Today'S alchemists are much more advanced, they do not even need dirt or lead. Never before has the discipline of economics been that lousy and bad and incompetent, than today. But politics cooperate with these superclever imposters and highpriests of illusions and flawed logic, because they promises of wealth from nothing allows them to "finance" the illusions some time longer by which they hope to bribe the voters to get their legitimation once again. Keynes was one of the biggest illusionsits of all time - his trick still convinces the masses. As a proverb says: the people want to get lied to and betrayed, so let them be betrayed.

"Schulden sind vorgezogener Konsum, der in der Zukunft ausfällt." A single sentence from the middle of last century, but it holds everything you need to know to understand how deep in the mess we are: "Debts are anticipated consumerism that will no longer be available in the future." All is in that single sentence, everything. The careless and easy-minded may laugh - the knowing understand. You cannot spend yourself out of debts. You cannot violate the laws of the market without getting punished. You cannot eat the cake and keep it at the same time - and do that before you even have baked it.

The problems have been forseen by some wise minds, already a century ago. Their inevitableness has been explained beyond a shadow of a doubt. Their need has been proven in reason and logic. They declared that any party must be paid for. People do not like to hear that, they want "The show must go on, endlessly". They want free rides, and their claims being recongised as their rights. They wanted to get fed lies for they wanted to dream their illusions longer. And so: Wer nicht hören will, muß fühlen. Who did not listen and learned the lesson, must suffer the consequences.

That may not become pretty. But it is just. Fair. Justice does not mean a happy end, or mercy. Justice means that you get what you deserve. My empathy is zero, my compassion non-existent. I feel no charity over this. What I feel is anger and rage over the stupidity of the mob, for it effects me as well, I have to pay for the mistakes of the many, and even must suffer to be told that this is my "solidaric duty". I gte de facto declared a possession of others, a subject of the masses, a slave of the system, an unfree man. Thank you very much for that, mob. I will return you these favours on equal terms, if I get a chance for that.

When I could have learned to know things better, and educated myself over it, others could as well. But even when offered the opportunity, most people just laugh, and continue with business as usual. And so - the consequences of their ignorance will find them. And us all. Thank you for that.

Said the Captain of the Titanic: "No, we do not avoid that iceberg ahead, we just drive right through it, proving that way that it does not exist." Okay then, enjoy the show.

Do not try to challenge reality, never. Reality is stronger, always. Messing with it equals declaring that there could be multiple truths, whichh is the declaration of bancruptcy of intelligent reasoning. There never can be several truths at the same time, always just one. Do not mess with reality, therefore - it chews on you and your precious illusions and relativism and brilliant ideas, and spits you out, and leaves you behind and does not care for you for even a single moment.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-16-16 at 06:06 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-16, 06:27 PM   #104
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
What have you translated there then...???

If you do not listen (to good advise), you must bear the consequences.
Huh, I got it translated as:

Quote:
Those who refuse to follow rules shall feel the consequences
Old 01-16-16, 07:32 PM   #105
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Huh, I got it translated as:
I got the same, but it is not exactly correct. Never trust google translate.

When I read it my brain translated it into-those who will not hear, must feel

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
market, stock, stocks