SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-29-22, 08:20 PM   #91
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Nope. Tried that. Doesn't seem to work. Must be something in LSH that prevents it from happening.
You might have to clear the Save folder, or edit that data directly in the Save folder for it to "take".

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:44 PM   #92
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You might have to clear the Save folder, or edit that data directly in the Save folder for it to "take".
Thanks! I'll give that a try!
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 05:08 AM   #93
Maddin25
Watch

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannop View Post
im starting at war start in 7th flotilla and i cant see type IIA or any other
You have to swap to Flotilla "Erprobungsstelle". Only there you can buy a new boat. Then you have to do a short "test patrol". Afterwards you can swap back to 7th flotilla with the new boat.
This shall simulate commissioning and crew introduction for new boat types.
Old 07-10-22, 06:33 PM   #94
IamSparticles
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hi I downloaded and installed LSH3 2022 and I'm having the same problem that Rhodes (on the first page of this thread) had. It's launching in a 1024x768 resolution window. I also have the original game in my Steam library. I used to have the original CD but lost it years ago (besides which I don't even have an optical drive in my PC anymore). It doesn't look like anyone really offered a solution other than downloading a shared install, so I'm kind of stuck unless someone has since figured out the problem.
IamSparticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 07:45 PM   #95
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

IamSpecticles!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:28 PM   #96
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

IamSpecticles!
Old 07-11-22, 12:04 AM   #97
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Iamsparticles Welcome to Subsim you have a PM Sir that should help you get squared away

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 10:25 AM   #98
IamSparticles
Nub

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Iamsparticles Welcome to Subsim you have a PM Sir that should help you get squared away

At Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own
Thanks, blackswan for sorting me out! Same solution as Rhodes for anyone that's curious.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome! I've actually been a lurker for a while
IamSparticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-22, 12:23 PM   #99
Sangamon Taylor
Mate

Downloads: 128
Default Weather limitations on use of the snorkel

Are there any modeled in this mod?
Sangamon Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 12:54 PM   #100
PaladinSL
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1

So I am having an issue, I completed the initial training sortie, sank the targets, got the 24hr patrol time, returned before the requested time from command.

And now cannot transfer to another fleet, I get a prompt that says "Changed to base: Null" or something to that effect, which I cannot click out of and have to Ctrl+alt+delete the game.

I read the manual and it said something about returning early, so I ran the training sortie again (which just had me go, patrol 24hrs and return, no targets this time) and again, base:null no matter which fleet I try to swap to.
PaladinSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 02:19 PM   #101
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

PaladinSL!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 04:21 PM   #102
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Welcome aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinSL View Post
So I am having an issue, I completed the initial training sortie, sank the targets, got the 24hr patrol time, returned before the requested time from command.

And now cannot transfer to another fleet, I get a prompt that says "Changed to base: Null" or something to that effect, which I cannot click out of and have to Ctrl+alt+delete the game.

I read the manual and it said something about returning early, so I ran the training sortie again (which just had me go, patrol 24hrs and return, no targets this time) and again, base:null no matter which fleet I try to swap to.

PaladinSL!

Now... with that out of the way... on to your... conundrum, shall we...

To tranfer, you have to click on the phone on the desk (by selecting that self same desk, by the way... ), in office... that sits right in front of the map.

After clicking it... it'll open up to a menu, & should list the flotilla you are supposed to request a transfer... select that one... & click just above the listing of flotilla's (where it reads...) "Apply for Tranfer" (which should, on selecting the flotilla to trafer to, now light up aka be high lit when you mouse over those words there...

If, you are doing that... & still NOT having the ability to tranfer, occur... then...

have to seriously ask.... did you... dink about, with making changes to your sub, BEFORE sailing out, to complete that training cruise...????

Cause, if you did... it can dink up the game save info, as well as possibly, interfere with... transferring...

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 07-22-22, 07:33 AM   #103
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Great news
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 07:33 PM   #104
U-snafu
XO

Downloads: 28
Default Gramaphone

Hello,

Wanted to say--returning again to this great sim after a few years-and gotta give a shout out to the developers of this. After trying to get SH3 going again for a few days with different issues--installing this was simple, quick, and working fine. Always had played with the other super mods and this is my first venture into LSH---and so far----wow.

I do have 1 small issue--the gramophone is not working. Installed sh3 on steam, ran it once, then did the install of this how the manual details. Installed fine--fired up fine. Did the naval academy tutorials, then started the first test patrol and transferred to the fleet all according to how its described in manual and whats been said here--no issues---except--on all of the times (tuts, test patrol, and now at first patrol) the gramophone does not work--fiddled with sound settings--nada--none of the buttons light up-no music--all of the other in game sounds are fine. (even when i go 1st person on the radioman--can see the gram spinning when i turn it on but no sound.

am I missing something simple--does LSH have a gram file? do i need to download & activate one? only mods add-ons i installed were the ATM green water and the bigger explosions that come with this and I activated in the embedded JSGM of LSH. I also have been using the SH3 commander embedded in LSH and using that to start game (but i left all the options in commander as is--like the manual stated).

Anyone one have any suggestions or can help?

Regards,
Snafu
Old 08-13-22, 12:50 AM   #105
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

Snafu:
As I recall I had the same complaint, I think the Data/Sound/Gramaphone is empty of any music. Install some OGG format sound file into your LSH3 D/S/G folder. And try again. I just tried to attach an OGG sound file to this message but it wouldn't attach. It said it was an "Invalid File" - huh. They all play very well for me, I have a bunch of 1940s stuff German, French, British and USA popular sound files that I can upload to you via a PM or via a standard email if you wish.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote