Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-22, 12:26 PM   #4561
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Putin is mocking Europe

Due to our need for Oil and Gas from Russia. Putin said that Europes talk about decreasing their need for oil and gas is weak talk-They are planning on building more windmills at sea these will first be up and running 2030.

The headline in a Danish newspaper
"Putin mocks the West: You can not do without us"

Russia's president, Vladimir Putin, has nothing left for
the West's attempt to rid itself of Russian gas.

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 06-14-22 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added more to the story
mapuc is online  
Old 06-14-22, 12:39 PM   #4562
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Putin is mocking Europe

Due to our need for Oil and Gas from Russia. Putin said that Europes talk about decreasing their need for oil and gas is weak talk-They are planning on building more windmills at sea these will first be up and running 2030.

The headline in a Danish newspaper
"Putin mocks the West: You can not do without us"

Markus
Let him mock us the Netherlands wants to build new wind farms in the North Sea between 2024 and 2030 that, together with the other offshore wind farms, will generate enough renewable electricity to meet 40% of our current total electricity consumption. From 4.5 to 11.5 gigawatts between 2024 and 2030. By 2025, about 75,000 tons of hydrogen can be produced from water in the Netherlands. This will require an electrolysis capacity of 500 megawatts. That is enough, for example, to run 600,000 hydrogen cars for a whole year. The aim is also to have 50 hydrogen filling stations by 2025. By 2030, the electrolysis capacity will be at least 6 times higher, i.e. 3 to 4 gigawatts, and 300,000 cars will be running on hydrogen.

This is how we mock Putin, we do not need him, in the future he can light his ass with all that oil and gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 06-14-22, 01:50 PM   #4563
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Nice plan. Its just that it gotta work. In today's global situational contexts.

The world in twenty years will not destroy us. I am more worried by the time before that. As I see it, for Europe the endgame has begun. And the coaches tactic is lousy, and the team thinks its not hockey but golf.

No reason to be optimistic. This place is going to blow up in our faces.
Old 06-14-22, 04:17 PM   #4564
Dargo
Admiral

Ukraine says the West has so far delivered 10 percent of the promised weapons. Delivery must be accelerated, says Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maljar, or Ukraine will lose the war. Maljar calls on the West to provide a clear schedule of when the remaining weapons will be delivered. Any delay will cost Ukraine dearly, she argues. Earlier today, President Zelensky again appealed to the West for heavy weapons. "If the arms deliveries are not accelerated, people will continue to die. If we get weapons, we will move forward," he said.

Quote:
Old 06-14-22, 04:19 PM   #4565
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Ukraine says the West has so far delivered 10 percent of the promised weapons. Delivery must be accelerated, says Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Maljar, or Ukraine will lose the war. Maljar calls on the West to provide a clear schedule of when the remaining weapons will be delivered. Any delay will cost Ukraine dearly, she argues. Earlier today, President Zelensky again appealed to the West for heavy weapons. "If the arms deliveries are not accelerated, people will continue to die. If we get weapons, we will move forward," he said.
The question is can we speed up the delivery ?

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 06-14-22, 04:35 PM   #4566
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:

Markus
A lot depends on training, I think. The call to supply heavy weapons is so insanely large that the West will never be able to meet it, and for some countries it is almost half of what they have. And the supply of ammunition is also a problem, the West itself has a lot of material shortages.

Quote:
Old 06-14-22, 04:53 PM   #4567
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Lots of explosion and shelling in Kharkiv, Sloviansk and Dnipro
These explosion light up the cams

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 06-14-22, 06:13 PM   #4568
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

Markus
Do we even want that?

The list with demands by the Ukraine is hopelessly exaggerated and completely beyond any realistic assessment for what they even could make use of. I assume it is to build a strong position for negotiations about future deliveries. Even the US. reserves would be overwhelmed to meet the ukrainian numerical demands, in parts the Ukraine demands more than half of the missile artillery and howitzers the US army actually has in use.That list is totally unrealistic.

Selensky maybe does not himself a favour if raising such hilarious demands. He may be perceived as getting tiresome, annoying. But the Ukrianian situation in the East currently is desperate, and hopeless. He simply might start to take desperate measures. For the moment I forgive him the exaggerated demands. I thinkm honstely said, the situaiton of the ukreianians is far more desperate and seriosu than the Wetsenr media paint s it. I think we beautify our percpetion of haw bad the situaiton for the Ukrianaina rmy really is, and how weak Russia. Actually I think the Russians, and I mean poltically and economically at home, have adapted, and play the match now from a position of strength towards the whole West. Heck, they make more money with oil and gas while delivering and selling less of it! Our sanctions do not achieve what we hpepd they would. We have catapulted us into the inflation rollerciaster. We shoot us into our own foot, because we do not sactionise them compeöltely and imemdoately, only then it would work, and we dont do that becasue we would destroy a good part of our own social safety at home and our own economic stability.

We spoilt the match for us long time ago already, not just in the past months. We prioritized our illusions over realities. And we still do.

I read three widely ranging military assessment by a German and an american and an Australian general. The German says the bitter truth is that they will not be able to defend the Donbass and Luhansk, but that they can take it back in the very long haul by turning into a guerilla army and conducting guerilla warfare for several years until the Russians are sick and tired of it and they leave, like they left Afghanistan, or the US left Afghanistan and Vietnam, becasue it was simply tired of it. This German general also implied that even heavy weapons delivered would not prevent, only delay the RTssian success in the East. The American generla said chances are 50:50 that they can defend the East - but only when the West immediately beefs up heavy weapon deliveries tremendously, and that from the n on balances woudl shift in Ukraine'S favour. And a retired Australian general said he expects most likely a phase of regeneration an d rest on both sides after the battle for Severodonezk has been decided and Russia tokk it and that other city nearby. Thats is a pattern often to be seen in wars, that between intense battles suddenly some quiteness and calm sets in, becasue both sides are so exhausted that they cannot continue - and then, after refreshing, it starts all again somewhere else and with the previous intensity.

Al three generals spoke with insight into the matter, and experience. All three have realistic predictions, me thinks. Possible that a mix of all three takes place.
Old 06-15-22, 10:34 AM   #4569
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Do we even want that?

The list with demands by the Ukraine is hopelessly exaggerated and completely beyond any realistic assessment for what they even could make use of. I assume it is to build a strong position for negotiations about future deliveries. Even the US. reserves would be overwhelmed to meet the ukrainian numerical demands, in parts the Ukraine demands more than half of the missile artillery and howitzers the US army actually has in use.That list is totally unrealistic.

Selensky maybe does not himself a favour if raising such hilarious demands. He may be perceived as getting tiresome, annoying. But the Ukrianian situation in the East currently is desperate, and hopeless. He simply might start to take desperate measures. For the moment I forgive him the exaggerated demands. I thinkm honstely said, the situaiton of the ukreianians is far more desperate and seriosu than the Wetsenr media paint s it. I think we beautify our percpetion of haw bad the situaiton for the Ukrianaina rmy really is, and how weak Russia. Actually I think the Russians, and I mean poltically and economically at home, have adapted, and play the match now from a position of strength towards the whole West. Heck, they make more money with oil and gas while delivering and selling less of it! Our sanctions do not achieve what we hpepd they would. We have catapulted us into the inflation rollerciaster. We shoot us into our own foot, because we do not sactionise them compeöltely and imemdoately, only then it would work, and we dont do that becasue we would destroy a good part of our own social safety at home and our own economic stability.

We spoilt the match for us long time ago already, not just in the past months. We prioritized our illusions over realities. And we still do.

I read three widely ranging military assessment by a German and an american and an Australian general. The German says the bitter truth is that they will not be able to defend the Donbass and Luhansk, but that they can take it back in the very long haul by turning into a guerilla army and conducting guerilla warfare for several years until the Russians are sick and tired of it and they leave, like they left Afghanistan, or the US left Afghanistan and Vietnam, becasue it was simply tired of it. This German general also implied that even heavy weapons delivered would not prevent, only delay the RTssian success in the East. The American generla said chances are 50:50 that they can defend the East - but only when the West immediately beefs up heavy weapon deliveries tremendously, and that from the n on balances woudl shift in Ukraine'S favour. And a retired Australian general said he expects most likely a phase of regeneration an d rest on both sides after the battle for Severodonezk has been decided and Russia tokk it and that other city nearby. Thats is a pattern often to be seen in wars, that between intense battles suddenly some quiteness and calm sets in, becasue both sides are so exhausted that they cannot continue - and then, after refreshing, it starts all again somewhere else and with the previous intensity.

Al three generals spoke with insight into the matter, and experience. All three have realistic predictions, me thinks. Possible that a mix of all three takes place.
The West shall keep the fighting in Ukraine, it is a buffer they want to keep more than 8 year the west supply, train and equip Ukraine military that policy will not change. Russia can occupy terrain, but it will get destroyed areas that they will need to invest in with an economy size of about Spain they will fail also they have no workforce for it, not even in Russia. Putin has more than 10 year to grow to the size of Spain with this invasion that has declined to the size of Belgium after this he must rebuild his army, economy and public image with an isolated economy Putin will fail and in the years the Russian people will lose their fear for him, and he is a goner there is always a prize to pay.

Longer-lasting conventional warfare depends on the presence of personnel, weapons, ammunition Putin can thus compare himself to Peter the Great, and perhaps with great difficulty and after weeks of fighting conquer a small town in Luhansk, but so far he was far wrong in his estimation of the strength of democracies both Ukraine and the countries supporting Kyiv.

Quote:

Last edited by Dargo; 06-15-22 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-15-22, 10:37 AM   #4570
Dargo
Admiral

The United States plans to deliver another large shipment of arms to Ukraine, diplomatic sources tell Reuters news agency. The White House is expected to announce a package worth a billion dollars.

This would include missiles that can hit ships, so-called Harpoon missiles, and ammunition for M777 howitzers. These are artillery systems that can hit targets at long distances. The United States also wants to provide radios and night vision devices, according to Reuters.

The White House does not want to comment on this for the time being. At the moment, U.S. Defense Secretary Austin is in Brussels meeting with allies.

Quote:
Old 06-15-22, 11:13 AM   #4571
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Thousands of civilians are trapped in the Ukrainian city of Severodonetsk with a diminishing supply of water, the UN tells the BBC

It says an urgent situation is developing in the bunkers beneath the Azot chemical plant - where hundreds of civilians are taking shelter - in the key eastern city.

Russia has pledged to spend the day evacuating civilians holed up in the plant - though it's not clear if it's stopped attacks in the city.

Elsewhere, Nato has said the spike in global food prices is a direct consequence of the war and not sanctions against Russia, as Moscow claims.

Nato chief Jens Stoltenberg also says the alliance will continue to supply Ukraine with heavy weapons.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has called on the EU to strengthen its sanctions package against Russia.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-15-22, 11:16 AM   #4572
Dargo
Admiral

The Russian military leadership continues to expand its pool of eligible recruits by manipulating service requirements. Russian milblogger Yuri Kotyenok suggested that Russian authorities are preparing to increase the age limit for military service from 40 to 49 and to drop the existing requirement for past military service to serve in tank and motorized infantry units.[5] If true, the shift demonstrates the Kremlin's increasing desperation for recruits to fill frontline units, regardless of their poor skills. Kotyenok echoed calls made by other milbloggers to reduce the health requirements for those serving in rear and support roles.[6] Kotyenok additionally noted that while Russian recruits must have clean criminal records to serve, private military companies such as the Wagner Group will allow those with “mild misdemeanors” into service and that many of these low-level offenders have been mobilized into combat with Wagner in Donetsk and Luhansk. The Russian military leadership will likely continue efforts to expand the pool of eligible recruits, even at the cost of high-quality military personnel.

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ssment-june-14

Quote:
Old 06-15-22, 11:17 AM   #4573
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Terror attack against Ukraine leadership thwarted, minister says
A terrorist attack targeting Ukraine's leadership has been thwarted by law-enforcement agencies, a government minister in Kyiv says.

Ukrainian First Deputy Interior Minister Yevhen Yenin says: "It is thanks to the information we are receiving from our operational sources that we have managed to prevent a terrorist act against the leadership of our country."

Speaking in a TV interview today, as quoted by the Interfax-Ukraine news agency, Yenin says he cannot disclose any details. But he says "it will be possible to tell about it in significantly more detail after the victory" in the war with Russia.

The BBC has not independently verified the minister's remarks.

Old 06-15-22, 11:19 AM   #4574
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Resistance to the occupation of Mariupol continues, despite the city falling into Russian hands last month.

Writing on Telegram, Petro Andryushchenko, an adviser to Mariupol's Ukrainian mayor, said the city "did not accept the occupation".

He claimed two tow trucks and three other large vehicles were set on fire last week in the car park of the Russian Emergencies Ministry.

The post also detailed the fatal stabbing of a ministry employee in a crowd awaiting humanitarian aid near the city's metro.

"Retribution is near. Glory to Ukraine!," concluded the post, in a warning to Russian soldiers in the city.

The southern port city was all but destroyed by weeks of shelling and is now at risk of a major cholera outbreak, according to the UK's Ministry of Defence.

Contaminated food and water, as well as uncollected dead bodies and rubbish littering the streets, are contributing to the spread of disease, the MoD said.

Old 06-15-22, 11:26 AM   #4575
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread