SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-20-22, 12:04 AM   #16
QuantumTyphoon
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Icon8

from a website dedicated to submarines I was expecting more. Ironically I did find information indirectly through this website and others from modders who don't mod anymore.biblio.org/ and the hsna.org has a lot of information that explains what I need to design a submarine and build one. Maybe I should leave it be. But how are you guys so stupid???? Your like 10 year old children. No that's insulting to ten year old children. Your like 6 year old children. You scoop up some links anyone could get in under 2 minutes. In the silent hunter 3 manual it states that the allies had invented 2cm radar which could detect any snorkel or periscope that was higher then 2cm. That was the end of the 1940's. The whole drug boats with snorkels is either made up or they're made by peasants with the most basic knowledge. For years the only way for the Russians to get close to American soil was by keeping submerged. But now evidently someone with a budget of ford mustang can get past the anti submarine forces of the U.S Navy. Yeah right. This forum had turned into a joke. Bye bye jokers.
QuantumTyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 06:29 AM   #17
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Well NONE of us here is expert in constructing a submarine. We had an honoured member some years ago-He had built his own sub. Well due to a story well known around the globe he is it not anymore. 'cause you could have asked him for the blueprint to his Nautilus UC3.

Secondly this is Subsim a forum where stay on target is...

I gave you some link after having made some search for blueprint to submarines. Since I'm not an expert in this field I don't know if they can be used as a guideline that is.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 07:37 AM   #18
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Well, if you're trying to get critical information on how to build a submarine from an internet forum.... please keep us posted on the progress of your submarine.
Old 07-20-22, 08:14 AM   #19
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Most importantly, don't forget to install scuttling charges.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 08:30 AM   #20
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumTyphoon View Post
from a website dedicated to submarines I was expecting more.
Didn't read the fine print did you?
The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations
Old 07-20-22, 08:33 AM   #21
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Didn't read the fine print did you?
The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations
It be like going to the kerbal space program website to build a real Space craft!
Old 07-20-22, 10:26 AM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon8 Reported!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumTyphoon View Post
from a website dedicated to submarines I was expecting more. Ironically I did find information indirectly through this website and others from modders who don't mod anymore.biblio.org/ and the hsna.org has a lot of information that explains what I need to design a submarine and build one. Maybe I should leave it be. But how are you guys so stupid???? Your like 10 year old children. No that's insulting to ten year old children. Your like 6 year old children. You scoop up some links anyone could get in under 2 minutes. In the silent hunter 3 manual it states that the allies had invented 2cm radar which could detect any snorkel or periscope that was higher then 2cm. That was the end of the 1940's. The whole drug boats with snorkels is either made up or they're made by peasants with the most basic knowledge. For years the only way for the Russians to get close to American soil was by keeping submerged. But now evidently someone with a budget of ford mustang can get past the anti submarine forces of the U.S Navy. Yeah right. This forum had turned into a joke. Bye bye jokers.
As a certified diver & joker in my own right, entering my second childhood at age 71, it took me 5 minutes to come up with the two posts regarding self-built submersibles, incl. the fully-submersible 'narco sub (my choice) an FSV with big easy chair which is what most of us Pandemic shut-in misanthropes sit in all day; politely responding to rude morons like yourself. Go take a happy pill, and at least have the guts to apologise for being downright rude.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-20-22 at 10:35 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 11:55 AM   #23
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

The Hunley was a pretty decent design. You might try building one of those. It was green before green was a thing too.
Old 07-20-22, 12:04 PM   #24
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

well considering that green design killed 3 crews, things could get cranky...if U had 7 expendible friends to man the propulsion that is

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 07-20-22, 01:34 PM   #25
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Well, if you're trying to get critical information on how to build a submarine from an internet forum.... please keep us posted on the progress of your submarine.

Maybe he could check out the rival site, from a parallel universe;
Niel Stephens' tractorsim?
Old 07-20-22, 01:37 PM   #26
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
It be like going to the kerbal space program website to build a real Space craft!

You can't?
Old 07-20-22, 01:51 PM   #27
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Hey someone posted some weeks ago a picture of a Russian sub which was a wreak.

This made me think that USA or some other western Countries may have old wreak of a sub somewhere. Which he can buy.

Markus

Old 07-20-22, 03:26 PM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Hey someone posted some weeks ago a picture of a Russian sub which was a wreak.

This made me think that USA or some other western Countries may have old wreak of a sub somewhere. Which he can buy.

Markus
one wreaks artifacts and scrap metal from wrecks on the seabed the classic case is still the Glomar Explorer's retrieval of the Soviet K-129, in part or whole, from the seabed during the Cold War imho.

Old 07-20-22, 04:14 PM   #29
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
one wreaks artifacts and scrap metal from wrecks on the seabed the classic case is still the Glomar Explorer's retrieval of the Soviet K-129, in part or whole, from the seabed during the Cold War imho.
I know it now you mention it-It spelled wreck and not wreak

Markus

Old 07-20-22, 09:39 PM   #30
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
well considering that green design killed 3 crews, things could get cranky...if U had 7 expendible friends to man the propulsion that is
Oh, that's right what was I thinking.

Speaking of going into space, still love this