SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-12, 04:47 PM   #707
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

are these ships available as add ons? Are they for SH V?
Old 04-22-12, 04:50 PM   #708
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Markus,

das Projekt wird noch einige Zeit, bevor es fertig ist, wie nur ein Mann arbeiten daran wird sein, wir alle beitragen, Informations-und Modell-Quellen, wenn möglich. Behalten Sie die Kontrolle zurück.

for english, ...this just says it will be a while before done, and being done by one man, and we do what we can to help with Information.
Old 04-23-12, 06:46 AM   #709
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

so isses,genosse!
Old 04-23-12, 11:28 AM   #710
Oesten
A-ganger

Downloads: 11

Wow! I had no idea this mod even existed!

The work so far is incredible, the ships and artwork are amazing. I haven't felt this excited since I heard about 1914: Shells of Fury being released, and then was gutted when the game turned out to be too difficult for me to play due to the AI being far too good.

This mod is a dream come true, hope it gets finished someday. I'll hang on to my copy of SHIV now....
Oesten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 06:18 PM   #711
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Oesten!!!

Man, where have you been ? Haven't seen you for an eturnity!
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 09:30 PM   #712
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesten View Post
Wow! I had no idea this mod even existed!

The work so far is incredible, the ships and artwork are amazing. I haven't felt this excited since I heard about 1914: Shells of Fury being released, and then was gutted when the game turned out to be too difficult for me to play due to the AI being far too good.

This mod is a dream come true, hope it gets finished someday. I'll hang on to my copy of SHIV now....
To you (and everyone else)...

At present I am devising a schedule so that progress on the game goes more smoothly. Things have gotten complicated since February. I'm an [inexperienced] attorney by day, I operate a small business at night, and in some of my spare time I train for a career outside of the law. Most nights I simply come home too tired to focus.

I tried working while tired on week-nights when I was doing the "Merchant Fleet Mod" years ago, and the quality of work suffered badly. Making better use of weekends and holidays will be key.

Anyway, although things have quieted down thank you for your interest, and I hope to have more to show to you.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-12, 12:20 PM   #713
Oesten
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Oesten!!!

Man, where have you been ? Haven't seen you for an eturnity!
Yeah, the bitter disappointment of Shells of Fury put me off subsims for ages! I even started trying to mod the game, but couldn't work out how to mod the AI. Didn't really get into SHIV, and haven't even bought SHV.

Got interested in Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome: Total War - ancient history being my main hobby.

But if this 'Kaisermod' gets released, I'll go back to submarining again, since I'm now more interested in WW1 history than WW2. Might even finally try manual targeting, since there was no TDC in WW1 U-boats...
Old 04-27-12, 12:28 PM   #714
Oesten
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
To you (and everyone else)...

At present I am devising a schedule so that progress on the game goes more smoothly. Things have gotten complicated since February. I'm an [inexperienced] attorney by day, I operate a small business at night, and in some of my spare time I train for a career outside of the law. Most nights I simply come home too tired to focus.

I tried working while tired on week-nights when I was doing the "Merchant Fleet Mod" years ago, and the quality of work suffered badly. Making better use of weekends and holidays will be key.

Anyway, although things have quieted down thank you for your interest, and I hope to have more to show to you.
Don't worry - real life must come first, I understand completely! I'd hate for this mod to get abandoned though you getting overtired and frustrated - so take all the time you need and only work on it when you feel enthusiastic and fresh and have the time. If modding's not fun, it's not worth doing.
Old 04-29-12, 06:55 AM   #715
Deamon
Commodore

Quote:
Yeah, the bitter disappointment of Shells of Fury put me off subsims for ages! I even started trying to mod the game, but couldn't work out how to mod the AI. Didn't really get into SHIV, and haven't even bought SHV.

Got interested in Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome: Total War - ancient history being my main hobby.

But if this 'Kaisermod' gets released, I'll go back to submarining again, since I'm now more interested in WW1 history than WW2. Might even finally try manual targeting, since there was no TDC in WW1 U-boats...
I am with you on that. I didn't got into SHIV&V neither. SHIII was good enough to wetten my appetite but this games just don't fully deliver. SOF was cute but obviously nowhere near a killer sim.

Btw do you still feel ambitions to put your sleeves up and do something for your ultimate WWI sim if there would be the right opportunity ?

Btw have i ever showed you any of the IUF prototypes ?
Old 05-01-12, 06:51 AM   #716
Oesten
A-ganger

Wouldn't mind helping, but I'm not a very good modder or even a very good player of SHIII/IV. Bit of a noob really!
Old 05-01-12, 11:33 AM   #717
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Oesten, i agree re Shells of Fury, among other problems, the environment in that sim is terrible when it could have been decent. I too am intrigued by WWI and have wargemmed it for decades and look forward to the chance to see it here in SH IV as this is the best possible sim platform WWI has reached yet. Jutland and Distant Guns were promising but the view point is so small to be rather distant and unintersting tho they have just released finally a Falklands add on with the Scharnhorst and Gneisnau but ...you have to buy the most expensive full version of the main game over 50.00 US to then buy the add one which is a rip off in my book.

I also am intrgued by Ancient and have most of the add on mods for the Rome era, will go thru my notes and see if there is something that you may find interesting you may not know of yet. They have dome some great work on the mod environments for the original TW Rome that all the other eras are using now and it greatly enhances that sim. But this effort here is a fine one and I hope to see it luanched when the time is right, agree re real life and real life needs should come first. Thanks for the update I.
Old 05-01-12, 12:46 PM   #718
Deamon
Commodore

Quote:
Wouldn't mind helping, but I'm not a very good modder or even a very good player of SHIII/IV. Bit of a noob really!
I am asking cause my super SDK is almost finished and very soon there are lots of positions open in the IUF team. You don't really need skills as long as you have steam and willingness to learn.

My new super SDK is easy to use for game logic development, requires no skills to get started but just a little practice.

btw, haven't you missed one question from my post above ?

@Admiral von Gerlach:
Haven't you forgot something ?
Old 05-08-12, 01:55 PM   #719
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

iambecomelife...in case helpful, i found some info on Autro Hungarian Submarines which is in PDF format here..you may find these interesting sorry it is not in english.

These should give you what you need...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6j853825nam9594

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?geqpiier3v2bvwt

Let me know if you might need anything else...

D, i have not forgotten just have been overwhelmed with life and its demands so have not had a chance ... thanks
Old 05-08-12, 02:47 PM   #720
leadtail
Mate

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
iambecomelife...in case helpful, i found some info on Autro Hungarian Submarines which is in PDF format here..you may find these interesting sorry it is not in english.

These should give you what you need...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6j853825nam9594

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?geqpiier3v2bvwt

Let me know if you might need anything else...

D, i have not forgotten just have been overwhelmed with life and its demands so have not had a chance ... thanks
If Iambecomelife isn't interested I sure am as it will help in my mod! Thanks!
leadtail is offline   Reply With Quote