Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-16, 12:15 PM   #1
Oizo
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default TWOS and MODS subfolders after update 8

Hi,

I'm new with SH5 and I saw there is a The Wolves of Steel megamod that seems to be appreciated.
So, I have downloaded the main file and also the update 8 but after installation, I don't see any 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 08 subfolder under the MODS folder.

What am I doing wrong ? I have that :

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - 4x3 Resolution Patch
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - 8x5 Resolution Patch
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Wind & Smoke addon

Thanks
Oizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 12:18 PM   #2
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

the latest update is No. 9 and download link is here
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 01:02 PM   #3
Oizo
Nub

Thank you Sjizzle
I have tried with new update n°9 but it's the same, I don't see any folder 2. for the update. See attached screenshot
FYI, I use 7-Zip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MODS.JPG (35.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-30-16, 01:21 PM   #4
siege00
Officer

Downloads: 114

Oizo,

After extracting update 9 (just extract it to your download directory if you put it somewhere else), and depending on your 7-zip choice, you should have a directory titled 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09 and possibly a folder within that folder with the same title. If you browse into that folder you should find folders (data, Documentation, MODS, Resources The Wolves of Steel - Documentation) and 3 files for KSD Commander.

Copy the folder just above the listed files / directories into your MODS folder in SH5 (so that you're only getting 1 layer of 2. The Wolves of Steel... folder.

My guess is something is confusing in the extraction so just extract it by itself and copy it over manually.

You need to make sure in your SH3 Install Directory > MODS folder that you have
1. The Wolves...
2. The Wolves...
3. The Wolves...
etc.

The folder 2. The Wolves... will have a nested MODS folder etc. will push updates into the directory structure. This can get confusing.

From your screenshot I can see that you are actually in the Patch folder, not the MODS folder that SH5 will read.

Currently - SH5 TWoS
- SH3 GWX + MaGui and more
- SH3 LSH 2015 + Ahnenerbe's Gui

Last edited by siege00; 03-30-16 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Clarity
siege00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-16, 01:40 PM   #5
Oizo
Nub

Sorry, I don't understand

If I open The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09.rar file, as you wrote, I can see the main folder 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09 with following subfolders :
Data
Documentation
MODS
Ressources
The Wolves of Steel - Documentation
and the 3 KSD files

As I understand all these folders/files must be copied under my main "Silent Hunter 5" installation folder, replacing the existing ones
And I guess that mods that can be activated via JSGME are under the MODS subfolder but for update n°9, I see only folders 3 & 5. I was expecting a folder n°2

PS : OK, I think I have understood now ! I was confusing about the fact that I saw the same folders in the update n°9 as under the main installation folder but I guess it's the way JSGME works. When I will activate the mod 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09, it will replace the files/folders under the main directory. I was wrong trying to replace directly myself the folders !

Last edited by Oizo; 03-30-16 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-30-16, 01:54 PM   #6
siege00
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oizo View Post
Sorry, I don't understand

If I open The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09.rar file, as you wrote, I can see the main folder 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09 with following subfolders :
Data
Documentation
MODS
Ressources
The Wolves of Steel - Documentation
and the 3 KSD files

As I understand all these folders/files must be copied under my main "Silent Hunter 5" installation folder, replacing the existing ones
And I guess that mods that can be activated via JSGME are under the MODS subfolder but for update n°9, I see only folders 3 & 5. I was expecting a folder n°2

PS : OK, I think I have understood now ! I was confusing about the fact that I saw the same folders in the update n°9 as under the main installation folder but I guess it's the way JSGME works. When I will activate the mod 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. 09, it will replace the files/folders under the main directory. I was wrong trying to replace directly myself the folders !
That's EXACTLY correct. JSGME does the management of replacement for you. Place the 2. The Wolves... folder in it's entirety, not just the contents, into your SH5 > MODS directory along with the other Wolves of Steel folders and activate what you want, in order.

Currently - SH5 TWoS
Old 03-30-16, 01:59 PM   #7
siege00
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
That's EXACTLY correct. JSGME does the management of replacement for you. Place the 2. The Wolves... folder in it's entirety, not just the contents, into your SH5 > MODS directory along with the other Wolves of Steel folders and activate what you want, in order.
Unfortunately just realized unless you kept a backup of your SH5 directory, you may have to reinstall to get clean un-modded files back. If you didn't keep a backup / copy (which I would suggest you always do), I would try reinstalling TWoS with the new update first before going back to scratch.

Good luck Kaleun!

Currently - SH5 TWoS
Old 03-30-16, 02:28 PM   #8
Oizo
Nub

I will try. If it doesn't work, no problem, I will reinstall all
Thank for your help
Old 03-30-16, 07:09 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Oizo!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:44 AM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oizo View Post

TWoS is a military mod... You dont need to think about anything, just read and follow instructions and you'll be fine sailor...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 06:52 AM   #11
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Oizo
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-16, 07:09 AM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Oizo

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote