SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Submarine Scale Models: Subs, Naval, Tanks, Planes, Trains, Space & Other
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-22, 09:25 PM   #1
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Default Decisions, decisions..

Several years ago, I bought a 1/18th scale BMW 3.0 CSi by Minichamps in flawless Metallic Gold. The model is basically perfect except for the dreaded blank tire sidewalls.

In the Resources thread, I mentioned a German Hobby Shop selling tire decals and I've already placed a couple of orders and fixed most of the die-casts in my stash.

I'm considering adding some decals to the tires of the Bimmer from the sheet below:

Here's the problem, I can't make my mind up and I wonder what you car guys think:

-Do NOTHING. Its already perfect and getting more collectible (but I'm not considering selling or trading it).
Still, while Minichamps made this 'cast in many colors, the Metallic Gold option seems to be very rare.

- Add the white GOODYEAR letters.

- Add the white GOODYEAR and EAGLE letters.

- Add the white outline GOODYEAR letters.

- Add the white outline GOODYEAR and EAGLE letters.

- Add the white FALKEN letters.

- Add the white FALKEN and AZENIS letters.

- Add the yellow DUNLOP letters.

I'm leaning towards just using the white outline GOODYEAR decals. It seems more appropriate for a 1970-1972 Bimmer but I'm not committed to it. The full color letters look a little trashy for an Autobahn cruiser, but maybe trashy is OK?

Seriously, I make a choice but then talk myself out of it. What do you folks think? The tires do not HAVE to look period-correct, or maybe they do?

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote