Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-21, 05:46 PM   #1
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default How to damage control (TWoS)

Hello,

I am wondering how is damage control managed in SH5 and TWoS?
For example if I have damage in radio room and engine room how to I tell the game what to prioritize in repairs? How can I control the repair efforts?

What I noticed is when I am damaged in different compartments I can see some hammer rotating on some damaged systems. For example if I have damaged batteries in radio room and some damage on diesel engine in engine room when I flick through systems I see hammer going over those different system in this case battery and diesel engine.

So:
  • Is the repair team focused on the system which has hammer icon?
  • Can the team prioritize one system in one section and second system in other section?
  • When I click on different system the hammer moves to that system. Is that system now prioritized?
  • When I move hammer from one system to another and and then move from to another sub section and get back to the section where I made the change to the hammer position I see that the game did not memorize my change?
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-21, 03:40 PM   #2
StimpsonJCat
Watch

Downloads: 42

I'd also like to know how this works. Any help out there?
StimpsonJCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-22, 01:08 AM   #3
zombywoof92553
Swabbie

Downloads: 272

Same problem driving nuts
zombywoof92553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 03:41 PM   #4
embraceentropy
Seaman

Downloads: 71

Want to resurrect this thread. Not understanding the damage control in SH5 TWoS is what led me to stop playing. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with the Enigma, real nav, manual targeting, etc...but it felt like if I took any damage or leaks I was a goner.

I've been getting the itch to get back into SH5, but this still holds me back.
embraceentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 11:59 PM   #5
Compans57
Officer

Downloads: 71

Agreed. The system was far better in SHIII. It seems like the Chief Engineer also gets wounded every time. It's mainly the sense of a complete lack of control as the hammers are hammering but nothing is being prioritized, everyone's shouting and the sub just fills up with water (crew members still in their bunks) and the depth meter starts spinning.

One desperate measure I took once was to go to full steam ahead which seemed to activate the dive planes. I actually got to a safer depth and shook my pursuers somehow.

Anyway, I can't imagine there's much that can be done. It'd be great to be able to incorporate the SHIII system lock lock and barrel.
Compans57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 11:28 AM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

this is what i do early game most of my points goes on chief,damage control,medic does seem like the chief gets hit every time so if it looks like going be in for a hard time i go ahead order faster repair and if i hear flooding in boat i order the pump water out case he does get wounded bring up the damage control and keep it up i know has soon has i close it they going go back to fixing something that not has important