Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-18-12, 10:55 AM   #1
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2
Default SH1 Photo Rec

Can anyone tell me how to complete a photo rec mission? I have recently dug out my copy of SH1 and ins D-Fend reloaded. Thanks to many people on this forum for posting many tips on how to run SH1 my copy runs perfect, but how do you take recon photos on a recon mission. I have sailed to the recon marker, raised the scope, had a good look round and even sunk 2 nosey tin cans and 7 merchants, but when I returned to base I only got credit for the ships sunk. Photo recons = 0. Also I don't know what version I have. I bought my copy about 11 years ago, it is a 2 for 1 edition from softkey, Game empire 3 + Silent Hunter, all on 1 cd. Again thankyou everybody as I own SH 1 thru 5, DC, Dangerous Waters, Red Storm Rising, Silent Service 2 and Fighting Steel and they all work PERFECT. This would not have been possible without this forum. All I have to do now is find some spare time!
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 10:50 AM   #2
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Default SHCE Photo Recon

Sure, I'll paste in how to do it the correct way from the manual... lol
Quote:
Photo Recon Mission

The Photo Recon mission takes advantage of a submarine's ability to approach a target (hopefully) undetected, gather valuable intelligence, and escape.

You are assigned to Photo Recon missions in campaigns via a radio transmission. In addition to the radio message a red "T" icon appears on the chart screen over the facilities to be photographed. In order to successfully complete a Photo Recon Mission the sub must move close enough to the target area. A "red" light, located in the TBT or Periscope viewing area will indicate the sub is close enough to take a picture. The "TAB" key is used to take the photograph. You know the mission has been accomplished when the "T" icon disappears from the chart screen; this is accompanied by a voice and text message stating "Mission completed, sir." Scoring - Each completed Photo Recon mission is worth 500 points at the 100% realism setting. NOTE: Photo Recon missions can only be accomplished during daylight hours. It is best to remain completely zoomed out (1x) in order to locate the area that needs to be photographed.
I always tried to sneak in close, sometimes past the Destroyers and PC's patrolling while moving in toward the red light viewable from the periscope or TBT but 99% the scope. Close is a couple thousand yards. Recons are fun to do and rewarding too.

Happy Hunting!

Art
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-12, 11:05 AM   #3
GalaxianFive
A-ganger

Downloads: 183
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Sure, I'll paste in how to do it the correct way from the manual... lol

I always tried to sneak in close, sometimes past the Destroyers and PC's patrolling while moving in toward the red light viewable from the periscope or TBT but 99% the scope. Close is a couple thousand yards. Recons are fun to do and rewarding too.

Happy Hunting!

Art

Thanks pal.
GalaxianFive is offline   Reply With Quote