SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-21, 03:22 PM   #61
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
what do you mean by maneuvering mod?
do you mean this one:
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix for v1.4 and v1.5

is it compatible with GFO?
everything should be compatible with GFO, thats the way i made it. they might be a few conflicts that break a fix or two from GFO if some mods are added, but they will still work

and yes, unless im getting senile, im pretty sure i added the maneuvering mod into the latest version of GFO the last time i updated it but its been so long i could be mistaken since i was working on both at the same time
Old 08-31-21, 09:40 PM   #62
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
i been around a long time so i dont care much about credits and whatnot, i do what i do to share with the community, and for my own use naturally.

im just a bit out of adjustment at how the interest in the game has fallen off, but its a pretty old game now so it cant stay popular forever
You'd be surprised. A group patched European Air War so it would work under Win10 and it's had a decent number of downloads. 12 years ago forums were the hotbed for communication, now it's FB, twitter and others.

I'd say go for it. You won't have the problem with updating GFO that doing RFB would have. After I turned it over to Luke he made so many changes with no documentation that even other experienced modders couldn't figure out how to get around them when bugs popped up. Sadly, updating RFB is not like GFO. It would take rolling it back quite a ways and redoing a bunch of it over again and I no longer have the time.

One thing you might want to do when you post an update, is play with ReShade and come up with presets people can use that improve the look of the game. Those that want to use it, can download it and do so. You'd not only fix bugs, but improve the graphics w/o having to dig into any environmental settings beyond fixes.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10

Last edited by swdw; 09-01-21 at 08:21 PM.
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-21, 08:44 AM   #63
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well life has given me new challenges so my plan to rework GFO is going to be on indefinite hold for at least a year now, if ever.

hurricane ida took the roof off of my house as well as my dads house so i have no time for games for a long time

we literally just got power and water restored after 3 weeks with nothing

i may revisit this at some point but its not even on my radar any more
Old 09-22-21, 09:00 AM   #64
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
well life has given me new challenges so my plan to rework GFO is going to be on indefinite hold for at least a year now, if ever.

hurricane ida took the roof off of my house as well as my dads house so i have no time for games for a long time

i may revisit this at some point but its not even on my radar any more
Sorry to hear about this. It is more than understandable and I hope all becomes better soon for you and yours.
Old 09-22-21, 11:29 AM   #65
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:

Hurricane Ida took the roof off of my house as well as my dads house so I have no time for games for a long time

I may revisit this at some point but its not even on my radar any more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Sorry to hear about this. It is more than understandable and I hope all becomes better soon for you and yours.
Ahoy, Webster...

Arlo +1

I feel your pain, as I just recently... lost My entire repository. This contained info on work arounds, fix ideas, link info for stuff pertaining to merchants, warships, subs... & All things SH related... from SH3 to 5... *sighs*

Still have what I had installed but, a good majority of the mods used, I have now... no idea where I got them from... much less who created them.... & all the notes for them, as well.. that I had started compiling.

I know that doesn't compare what with loss of power or damages to the homestead... but, I do know all about that, having grew up in Bama. Dealing with hurricanes, ice storms... yeah, they can & do occur down south... believe it or not.

1 storm, took out power for almost a month... in the dead middle of winter. Not the best time to be without power. Especially if you live in a home that is dependent on power for... just about everything in the home except for cooking. The heater, used propane to produce heat, but was dependent on electric for the ignitor & blower...

So, I can & do understand...

Here's to y'all getting things back to rights there, where you are Webster, chum.

All the best to ya, in the mean time.

M. M.