Old 02-15-21, 07:34 AM   #46
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Great!

Also, if you can, please compile one folder with tables and documentation which I should implement into real nav documentation for TWoS. I already created one but I'm concerned that I may mess up something and place outdated tables ect...

Please tell me which tables would be the most useful to be available in the game charts section as well. Right now I have 7 free slots for charts but that can be increased to 11 if necessary...

Here is a link to the folder where I put the actual tables for inclusion in the documentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...bD?usp=sharing

First of all, I would make available in the game: "[3] Culminations of stars (SH5)", "SH5 navigational stars (rev.2021)", "SH5 Latitude by Polaris".
Old 02-15-21, 07:38 AM   #47
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpheratz View Post
Here is a link to the folder where I put the actual tables for inclusion in the documentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...bD?usp=sharing

First of all, I would make available in the game: "[3] Culminations of stars (SH5)", "SH5 navigational stars (rev.2021)", "SH5 Latitude by Polaris".

Thank you vary much, working on it right now...

I'll also try to see what is going on with that YS new sextant mod, why CDTs and what's wrong.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-21, 07:58 AM   #48
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I did not include the polaris.txt and stars.txt files in this folder with which it is necessary to replace the corresponding files of the new sextant mod from YS. Maybe later they should be implemented directly into the assembly, after the compatibility problems of TWoS and SH5NewSextant mod are eliminated.
Old 02-16-21, 08:47 AM   #49
vdr1981
Navy Seal

I tested YS New Sextant mod both in v2.2.9 and 2.2.10 versions and those CTDs on initial single mission/campaign gamesave loading are present there as well. Debuger reports that CTDs are caused by some errors in .py scripts., pretty much the same as in the latest TWoS version...

However, once the game is loaded it seems that there are no further gameplay and stability related problems, just as you said in your video...
I'll investigate this further but I'll probably need help from someone with pyton scripts knowledge .

The tests are done both with and without your polaris/stars.txt enhancement, it seems there are no difference there...
Old 02-16-21, 09:06 AM   #50
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I tested YS New Sextant mod both in v2.2.9 and 2.2.10 versions and those CTDs on initial single mission/campaign gamesave loading are present there as well. Debuger reports that CTDs are caused by some errors in .py scripts., pretty much the same as in the latest TWoS version...

However, once the game is loaded it seems that there are no further gameplay and stability related problems, just as you said in your video...
I'll investigate this further but I'll probably need help from someone with pyton scripts knowledge .

The tests are done both with and without your polaris/stars.txt enhancement, it seems there are no difference there...
Yes, stars.txt, polaris.txt are reference files that are accessed by the program, but they themselves do not affect the operation of the code.
Old 02-17-21, 11:02 AM   #51
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Hey Alpheratz,

I exchanged few messages wit YellowSubmarine and he gave me few advises how to solve CTD issues.

Please try this updated version of New sextant mod and tell me are those CTDs on gamesave/mission loading eliminated. I added your Polaris and stars tweaks to the mod as well... It seems that it works for me...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/akhub..._v0.1.rar/file
Old 02-17-21, 01:33 PM   #52
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hey Alpheratz,

I exchanged few messages wit YellowSubmarine and he gave me few advises how to solve CTD issues.

Please try this updated version of New sextant mod and tell me are those CTDs on gamesave/mission loading eliminated. I added your Polaris and stars tweaks to the mod as well... It seems that it works for me...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/akhub..._v0.1.rar/file
Vecko, looks like I still have this ejection to desktop problem. And now I'm not sure what exactly the new sextant is causing this.
Old 02-17-21, 01:56 PM   #53
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Vecko, looks like I still have this ejection to desktop problem. And now I'm not sure what exactly the new sextant is causing this.
Hm..OK
Tested on which version?
Old 02-17-21, 02:39 PM   #54
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hm..OK
Tested on which version?
Tested TWoS 2.2.22 with Ubisoft connect

Immediately after activating the mod I had a few ejections on the desktop when loading the saves. I continued testing and at some point the ejections stopped completely, the problem disappeared as if by itself, I don't know how to explain it but it seems to be working.
Old 02-17-21, 02:43 PM   #55
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Tested TWoS 2.2.22 with Ubisoft connect

Immediately after activating the mod I had a few ejections on the desktop when loading the saves. I continued testing and at some point the ejections stopped completely, the problem disappeared as if by itself, I don't know how to explain it but it seems to be working.

This is not so unusual when scripts are changed ...Had somewhat simmilar behavior in my game as well...

OK, use it for some time and keep us posted how it goes...
Old 02-17-21, 02:49 PM   #56
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
This is not so unusual when scripts are changed ...Had somewhat simmilar behavior in my game as well...

OK, use it for some time and keep us posted how it goes...
OK, deal
Old 02-17-21, 03:20 PM   #57
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Hm, yes...I also had several crashes if TWoS New Sextant v0.1 is applied to clear v2.2.22. No idea idea why exactly...

Anyway, in combination with my new v.2.2.23 test update I haven't received any script errors or crashes...Test update is JSGME ready and I'll upload it here later.
Old 02-17-21, 06:44 PM   #58
vdr1981
Navy Seal

OK, here is the new test update, JSGME ready...https://www.mediafire.com/file/vuxwg..._Test.rar/file
Note that thisupdate is only for v2.2.22.

...and here is the example how it should be enabled in JSGME...

New Sextant is contained within the update and it will be added automatically to your JSGME.

Among other things in it, you'll find there updated Real Nav documentation, added your charts, larger sun and moon like they were in v2.2.10 ect...

Fingers crossed...
Old 02-19-21, 04:28 PM   #59
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
OK, here is the new test update, JSGME ready...https://www.mediafire.com/file/vuxwg..._Test.rar/file
Note that thisupdate is only for v2.2.22.

...and here is the example how it should be enabled in JSGME...

New Sextant is contained within the update and it will be added automatically to your JSGME.

Among other things in it, you'll find there updated Real Nav documentation, added your charts, larger sun and moon like they were in v2.2.10 ect...

Fingers crossed...
Vecko, i'm testing the assembly in the configuration you suggested. It is a great idea to use a larger diameter of the sun: the contours of the solar disk are sharper and allow for more accurate measurements. No serious problems have been found yet.

The identified problem is not directly related to the New sextant mod, but in the context of celestial navigation it is worth mentioning it here. Usually there is no need to minimize the game and go to the desktop, but if you have to do this, for example, in order to use tables for celestial navigation, then the following problems may be detected:

Case 1: If you go to the desktop while your U-boat is on the surface, then on subsequent dives during the patrol, CO2 will not accumulate in the air until the end of the patrol. In this case, underwater, when trying to activate the air purification system, the mechanic tells you “Sorry, Captain, no need for that right now. We’re on the surface ... ”

Case 2: If you go to the desktop when your U-boat is underwater, there will be no CO2 problem. BUT! If you once went to the desktop while underwater, then activating the air purification system in this patrol will stop the accumulation of CO2 until the end of the patrol (as in Case 1).
Old 02-19-21, 05:44 PM   #60
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Case 1: If you go to the desktop while your U-boat is on the surface, then on subsequent dives during the patrol, CO2 will not accumulate in the air until the end of the patrol. In this case, underwater, when trying to activate the air purification system, the mechanic tells you “Sorry, Captain, no need for that right now. We’re on the surface ... ”

Case 2: If you go to the desktop when your U-boat is underwater, there will be no CO2 problem. BUT! If you once went to the desktop while underwater, then activating the air purification system in this patrol will stop the accumulation of CO2 until the end of the patrol (as in Case 1).

Yes , these are all known problems, alt-tabbing to desktop is not recommended in SH5...

Yes, bigger sun is easier for measurements but it looks quite unrealistic to me. I'm experimenting now with 30% smaller Sun and the Moon. It's also nice for measurement but it looks much better.

Any CTDs with new sextant from v2.2.23?

Tags
celestial navigation, sextant