SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-18, 04:58 AM   #31
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi CS
Well done, I know it is a lot of hard graft and time consumming.
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 07:09 AM   #32
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

There was one good thing about it Peter. If you simply change the .....//s25.postimg.org/abcdefg/….. to …….//s25.postimg.cc/abcdefg/…... in the image address, you are back in business!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-18, 03:59 PM   #33
THEBERBSTER

Hi CS
Very interesting.

Where is the image address found?
Peter
Old 06-13-18, 07:52 AM   #34
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CS
Very interesting.

Where is the image address found?
Peter
If you "edit" one of your post's you'll find the "link" to your images, (Postimage changed their extension from s25.postimg.org to s25.postimg.cc) you just need to change that extension reference.....change the ".org" to ".cc" and your back in business.

Any "new' links coming from your PostImage images have this change in them.....you just need to change your older posts, where you've used the older address, as a link to the image with the ".cc" as the extension PostImage is now using.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 06-13-18, 02:38 PM   #35
THEBERBSTER

Hi CS

The problem I had was there were no pictures showing in the tutorial.
There was no connection hidden either in the Post.

Copying a tutorial Post with pictures to Word showed there was a picture there but no http connection to change the extension.
Hopefully it will not happen again?

Peter

Old 06-13-18, 04:13 PM   #36
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Hi CS

The problem I had was there were no pictures showing in the tutorial.
There was no connection hidden either in the Post.

Copying a tutorial Post with pictures to Word showed there was a picture there but no http connection to change the extension.
Hopefully it will not happen again?

Peter

Wow Peter, that's not what I had to do. By using the "Edit" feature of the original post, the images were still there in "address" form. Here's an example:

[IMG]https://s25.postimg.org/s535hlurj/745a3311-e75c-42d5-85fd-eae535da167f.jpg{/IMG]

(I had to change the bracket in order to have the line show).

This line showed where the image should have been in the text. I just had to change the postimg.org to postimg.cc and the image was good. I do notice that on my Windows XP computer I don't have the image "address" as I do on my other computer running Windows 10. It's the difference between the OS that allows for the [IMG] Address to show or not I guess?

Quote:
Old 06-13-18, 04:51 PM   #37
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It might also be the browser and / or settings used in it. You both have Win10, correct? Which browser though?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 04:39 AM   #38
THEBERBSTER

Hi PB
Firefox with Windows 10
Quote:
I just had to change the postimg.org to postimg.cc and the image was good.
These are also the instructions that Postimage gave out.
Peter
Old 06-15-18, 06:31 AM   #39
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Hi PB
Firefox with Windows 10
These are also the instructions that Postimage gave out.
Peter
Ah HAA!! That's the difference!!

I've got Firefox on my Windows XP Computer, I also use it on my other "mod work" computer, a Windows 10 OS. My third computer, a Windows 10 laptop (I'm writing this post with) uses Microsoft Edge as its browser. I can read the [IMG] syntax lines with it, but not with the Firefox browser computers.

Thanks propbeanie for thinking on those lines.....you are right to assume there's a difference!

Quote:
Old 06-15-18, 08:07 AM   #40
propbeanie

Yer welcome! I'm sure there's a way to change the setting in Firefox, but I haven't noodled in that browser in a while, and it's been updated quite a bit lately - not that I'd remember how anyway... I can change it in my Vivaldi browser, but that won't help much here...

Old 06-15-18, 01:22 PM   #41
THEBERBSTER

Hi PB
There is IIRC.
You go to the icon Switch Editor Mode top right hand corner of the posting screen.
Switches on for Firefox off in other browsers.
Peter
Old 06-17-18, 06:45 AM   #42
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333

I keep facing performance issues even with running LLA, no matter what compatibility-mode I try. It keeps showing lags 2 or 3 times a minute, what am I doing wrong (win10 64bit; i5-6500 with 3,2 GHz;16GB ram; NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB)??
Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-18, 08:27 AM   #43
propbeanie

That horse of yours sounds strong enough to pull against a semi-tractor... You shouldn't have issues except around harbors or lots of planes. What mods are you running? How much do you have running in the background of Win10? Look in the SysTray (lower-right, by the clock), and see what-all is going there. If you are using a "Cloud" service, that might do the trick. Also, some AV scanners "live time" scanning might be hitting every file as the game opens them. Main thing though, is to open LAA again and select the SH4.exe file. Make certain that the LAA is set to "True". If you're in the "Basic" mode, it will have a tick mark in the check box when you select it. If you're using "Intermediate" or "Advanced" mode, it should say "LAA True". If not, then check the file in Windows Explorer, and make sure the Read-only attribute isn't set on its Properties page. Then use LAA and enable SH4.exe. Even still, in "high-traffic" areas of the game, the game's engine can't handle things smoothly, especially if you're using time compression...

Old 06-18-18, 11:26 AM   #44
Senf-Man82
Gunner

Downloads: 333

I don't run very much next to gaming in general and as for mods; I tend to use never more than 4 at once (no large one) and usually one of my ship-mods I am working on. The funny thing is, all I have running + much more used to perfectly run on win7 (with an older much less powerful machine) and that's what get me...
Senf-Man82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-18, 12:24 PM   #45
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senf-Man82 View Post
I don't run very much next to gaming in general and as for mods; I tend to use never more than 4 at once (no large one) and usually one of my ship-mods I am working on. The funny thing is, all I have running + much more used to perfectly run on win7 (with an older much less powerful machine) and that's what get me...
As they say..... It's not the size of the worm that catches fish, it's how you wiggle it!

Since this older game was designed for specific computer specifications, having newer/better/bigger computers doesn't translate into better game play.

You need to check your Windows 10 setup and see if the NetFramework 4.0 is on your computer....it should be with Windows 10. Refer back to the earlier posts of this thread to know how to check for this.

Then you'll need to make sure you've downloaded the correct version of Large Address Aware that works with a 4.0 NetFramework......that's the download called "laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5.zip". If you've downloaded/installed the "laa_2_0_4.zip"....you've chosen wrongly.

If you have downloaded the wrong version, I'm suspecting you'll need to remove completely the game from your computer and reinstall as my instructions provides.

If you're certain you are correct with the downloaded version of LAA, then your next step is to check the DirectX files by running the "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" found HERE. This will update Windows 10 to include the past .dll's of the different DirectX versions that it no longer keeps in its current release. Yes that's right, DirectX doesn't keep tract of older files that are required to run older games. As a matter of fact, it removes the older files....you have to re add them in order to have them available for an older game/program to run correctly. That's what the Microsoft Runtime Web Installer will do.

If after checking/completing these tasks above, and you still feel you're not getting things to run correctly, you'll need to get back with us.

Quote: