SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #7561
alber99
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I have uploaded new megamod version (v2.0) which will basically consolidate all changes from v1.06.00 to v1.06.12 (the updates were getting too large and very hard to manipulate with.)
New TWoS 2.0 should be savegame compatible with v 1.06 although some changes won't be visible until next fresh career start (this depends largely of your TWoS version at the moment of your career start ) ...
Cheers...
Vecko, thank you once again for your awesome work. Greetings
alber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:07 PM   #7562
ironcold
Seaman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Berlin
Posts: 31
Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
New TWoS 2.0 should be savegame compatible with v 1.06 although some changes won't be visible until next fresh career start (this depends largely of your TWoS version at the moment of your career start ) ...
Cheers...
Thank you so much for this Update.
One Question :I make a new Game install and start a new Career with Twos 1.06.05 or so- did I realy need a new Install of the Game again?

Last edited by ironcold; 04-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.
ironcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:23 PM   #7563
palmic
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 50.1° N, 14.4° E
Posts: 821
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I have uploaded new megamod version (v2.0) which will basically consolidate all changes from v1.06.00 to v1.06.12 (the updates were getting too large and very hard to manipulate with.)
New TWoS 2.0 should be savegame compatible with v 1.06 although some changes won't be visible until next fresh career start (this depends largely of your TWoS version at the moment of your career start ) ...
Cheers...


palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:20 PM   #7564
wolfbaron
Sailor man
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 45
Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0
Default

@vdr1981 i cannot do anything but salute you
wolfbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:21 PM   #7565
alber99
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi again

I have noticed that Wind & Smoke addon is missing in the new update.

Anyway, I'm using the latest version included in 1.06 update 12.

Cheers
alber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:48 PM   #7566
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully
 
THEBERBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dibden Purlieu - Southampton
Posts: 9,606
Downloads: 1091
Uploads: 0


Default

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Hobomaniac
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Make a manual game save when the game loads to the bunker, load it and you will find you can then make the changes you want to.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #7567
vdr1981
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 6,068
Downloads: 573
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alber99 View Post
Hi again

I have noticed that Wind & Smoke addon is missing in the new update.

Anyway, I'm using the latest version included in 1.06 update 12.

Cheers
W&S has been transferred to additional optional mods linked in the first post (Now it called "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target Recognition")...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #7568
mikaelanderlund
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 529
Downloads: 267
Uploads: 0
Default

[QUOTE=mikaelanderlund;2477384]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Code:
[CareerOptions 10]
ID= TurningPoint43
[CareerOptions 10.Flotilla 1]
ID= C10Flotilla1
NameDisplayable= 9. Unterseebootsflottille
IDLinkFlotilla= 9thFlotilla
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F6VIIC41F, 1, F6VIIC, 10  ; delete "F" letter, save and restart TP campaign.
FlotillaBriefingText=    
FlotillaCommonality= 1
Maybe a stupid question but what file and where can I find it?

Thanks for the information! Uflak was only active for a short period during the war. Is this simulated in the campaign, or am I stuck with Uflak entire TP? Uflak is a great part of the game!

Mikael
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #7569
zuff
Watch
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 24
Downloads: 88
Uploads: 0
Default

Is it normal for "ghost ships" to show up on the map without receiving any sort of radio contact about them?

I'm not getting anything telling me their direction, speed, etc.
zuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:04 PM   #7570
alber99
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 9
Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
W&S has been transferred to additional optional mods linked in the first post (Now it called "TWoS UI cmd_Auto Target Recognition")...
Great, thanks!
alber99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #7571
Hobomaniac
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Hobomaniac
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Make a manual game save when the game loads to the bunker, load it and you will find you can then make the changes you want to.
Thank you THEBERBSTER.
And what about the introduction mission? I remember starting the vanilla game with a mission with cutsecenes, dialogs, where you had to sink two merchant ship and you were given your first U-boat.. It was a kind of tutorial. I found it was a cool beginning.
I don't know or maybe i'm mistaken. Maybe it was in SH4. And now you start right in the bunker.
Hobomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:39 PM   #7572
Tonci87
Commander
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 467
Downloads: 102
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobomaniac View Post
Hello,
I've installed the megamod. And I have two simple questions.

1) I've launched a new campaign. But I remember playing vanilla, there was an intro mission (with some cinematics, dialogs). At the beginning the game asked you if you want to play the tutorial. I was a cool way to begin the game, with elements of story.
But now I just start in a bunker somewhere in Memel and the mission is gone. Is it normal? Is there a way to re-enable this first mission?

2) I talk to the mission officer in the bunker, request mission "baltic operation" then I try to check my equipment, change insignia, etc..but I can't. The equipment officer's dialog options are greyed out. And I can't access the quipment screen. Is this a normal behaviour?

Thank you for your answers.
1) The Tutorial mission was removed, because apart from the cinematic, it didn´t offer anything worthwhile. Your new start from Memel is a much better introduction to the war because you start the game before the war actually begins. Your first mission is also much more interesting than sinking two merchants. You can work in unison with Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine Units to hunt down two destroyers

2) That was already answered
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:42 PM   #7573
Hobomaniac
Swabbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
1) The Tutorial mission was removed, because apart from the cinematic, it didn´t offer anything worthwhile. Your new start from Memel is a much better introduction to the war because you start the game before the war actually begins.

2) I can not answer this. It used to be that you can access the equipment selection, but it might have been disabled for the campaign start since then...
Thank you.
It's ok. So I have no bugs for now and can start the campaign. I'm really excited to play that cool game.
Hobomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #7574
palmic
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 50.1° N, 14.4° E
Posts: 821
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobomaniac View Post
Thank you.
It's ok. So I have no bugs for now and can start the campaign. I'm really excited to play that cool game.
Welcome on board Kaleun!
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #7575
palmic
Grey Wolf
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: 50.1° N, 14.4° E
Posts: 821
Downloads: 72
Uploads: 5
Default

Ok... New campaign again
palmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.