SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-14-13, 07:19 AM   #46
markdenny
Sparky

Downloads: 216
Uploads: 0
Default progress

Are there any reports progress wise regarding this ?
markdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-13, 08:13 AM   #47
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi SkyBaron, any news on this?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 03:35 PM   #48
KarlSteiner
Bosun

Downloads: 257
Default I think...

Good job

Karl Steiner Germany

Last edited by KarlSteiner; 07-20-17 at 05:27 PM.
KarlSteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-15, 05:34 PM   #49
Jax von May
Sailor man

Downloads: 213
Default Kudos!

Amazing.
Jax von May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-15, 07:50 AM   #50
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

This mod looked so promising......such a shame that it was never released.
Maybe with a bit of luck, SkyBaron will catch the "salt bug" again and pick up where he left off!

Here's hoping........

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 08:38 AM   #51
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

When I left this project about 3 years ago it was about 80% done. Real life "got in the way" and I didn't have the time to finish it back then. Now I'm slowly getting back into Silent Hunter and I've finally finished this mod and I'm releasing it now.

Just to be clear, it DIDN'T take me 3 years to finish it I'd say a total of 3-4 months off and on. I was working on it for the past weeks or so to finish it up.

This version is compatible with TWoS megamod only. Modders are free to integrate this mod to other mega-mods and release it, just give the proper credits.

Sorry for the 3+ year long wait!
Save
SkyBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-16, 09:26 AM   #52
gap
Navy Seal

Amazing news SkyBaron, thank you SO MUCH!!!
We have been waiting for this mod for ages, but your little jewel was worth the long wait
Old 08-18-16, 09:45 AM   #53
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Amazing news SkyBaron, thank you SO MUCH!!!
We have been waiting for this mod for ages, but your little jewel was worth the long wait
Thanks gap!

DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR MOD AND MANUAL ARE IN THE FIRST POST
Save
Old 08-18-16, 09:56 AM   #54
gap
Navy Seal

Just one question: historical messages as included in TDW's UI include both BdU/intelligence messages and allied messages intercepted by the radio operator. Are both types encrypted?
Old 08-18-16, 10:15 AM   #55
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Just one question: historical messages as included in TDW's UI include both BdU/intelligence messages and allied messages intercepted by the radio operator. Are both types encrypted?
Hi gap,

I'm afraid there will be some misconception about this Enigma mod. But that's ok. This is "only" the simulation of the Enigma machine along with the code tables, book and an application that will allow modders to encrypt existing messages with the guidelines provided on Part II of the manual or create new ones.

It DOES NOT come with any encrypted messages as it is. But it does come with instructions on how to make them using the encryptor application.

See Part II of the manual, it explains everything. The messages will depend on campaign events, time, etc. In the future I hope to release a message package for TWoS/OHII campaign.

I hope that the intention of this mod is clear now. This mod is like a computer(Enigma machine) that will allow modders/users to create the software(messages) for it.

Save
Old 08-18-16, 10:37 AM   #56
gap
Navy Seal

Roger that

I should have read the manual before I asked
Old 08-18-16, 08:14 PM   #57
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Icon14

What an unexpected and pleasant surprise to wake up to this morning. I'm so glad that you found the time to complete this excellent mod. I installed it with JSGME and everything installed correctly into The Wolves of Steel 1.05 with update No.15.

The problem is that with SkyBaron's ENIGMA v1.0 for TWoS installed, I am no longer able to activate Speech Recognition_MiTons_NewUI_Editon_v0.4.1_english.

Normally when the Speech Recognition button is pressed, the game momentarily freezes and then when the button is pressed again, speech recognition is active. With ENIGMA v1.0 installed the Speech Recognition button lights up immediately with no momentary freeze but no commands are heard.

It makes no difference which of these mods is installed last, with the Enigma mod installed, Speech recognition does not work. When I uninstall the Enigma mod with JSGME, Speech recognition works correctly again. I've tried this a number of times with the same results.

I've had a look through the files of both mods but have not been able to find anything that might be causing this conflict although searching through files like Page layout.py, it would be easy to miss something. I'm sure it's bound to be something simple.

I hope we can find a resolution as both of the mods IMHO are in the "must have" category and will be surely icing on the cake for Vecko's excellent TWOS megamod.

*EDIT*

After getting a blister on my finger scrolling through .py and .ini files I decided to switch off each file one at a time in the mod and reinstall to try to isolate which file was in conflict. Turns out the conflict was in the menu_1024_768.ini. The issue was solved by adding a line which appears to have been omitted to the end of the file: SkyBaron's ENIGMA v1.0 for TWoS\data\Menu\Pages\menu_1024_768.ini

ADD this line to the end of the file: 103=6F;Speech Recognition

And also change the GroupsNo=102 under [Main groups and pages] to GroupsNo=103

With this tiny fix, both of these excellent mods are now working perfectly together. Wow...a fully functional Enigma machine, Speech Recognition and The Wolves of Steel...old SH5 just gets better and better!

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"

Last edited by kevinsue; 08-19-16 at 01:29 AM.
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 12:17 AM   #58
Sjizzle
Count Dracula

Downloads: 405

any chance to make a magui compatible version of this mod ?
Really nice work
Sjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 05:18 AM   #59
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Thank you very much SkyBaron for one of the geekiest mod for SH games ever!

This awesome mod should definitely become part of TWoS IMO and I have already done some testing with ingame messages. I've tried to make encrypted combat orders for secondary missions (patrol grid, reposition orders ect) but that wont be so easy because we can use only decoding data for current ingame year...

Is it possible somehow to make it possible to use , for example, decoding data for 1939 even if ingame year is 1940?

Encrypting other campaign mesages is pretty straight forward process but those messages are quite rare (base transfers and occasional reports of ingame scripted convoys) .
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 07:46 AM   #60
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
*EDIT*

After getting a blister on my finger scrolling through .py and .ini files I decided to switch off each file one at a time in the mod and reinstall to try to isolate which file was in conflict. Turns out the conflict was in the menu_1024_768.ini. The issue was solved by adding a line which appears to have been omitted to the end of the file: SkyBaron's ENIGMA v1.0 for TWoS\data\Menu\Pages\menu_1024_768.ini

ADD this line to the end of the file: 103=6F;Speech Recognition

And also change the GroupsNo=102 under [Main groups and pages] to GroupsNo=103

With this tiny fix, both of these excellent mods are now working perfectly together. Wow...a fully functional Enigma machine, Speech Recognition and The Wolves of Steel...old SH5 just gets better and better!

Yes, yesterday I saw the first part of the message before going to bed and I found that missing entry as well, I think I was using an older version of that ini file. I'll update the main link with the fix.
Thanks for reporting it!

Save

Last edited by SkyBaron; 08-19-16 at 08:06 AM.

Tags
enigma, sh5