SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-09, 08:52 AM   #16
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
I HAVE A NEW GATEWAY DX4200-09 WITH WINDOWS VISTA..I CANNOT INSTALL MODS TO THE MOD FOLDER, A MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING CANNOT FIND FILE PATH..WHAT SHALL I DO??
What I do with Vista and I did this with XP. I extracted JSGME right to the main SH4 folder. Then, inside your main SH4 folder right click to make a new folder. Name it MODS. Extract any mods to this new MODS folder. Then use the JSGME icon within the SH4 folder to activate mods. Works for me. The reason I put all of JSGME inside my SH4 main folder, it keeps all my SH4 stuff there and I know were to find it.
Old 04-27-09, 06:27 PM   #17
Chef
Seaman

Downloads: 6

I'm not sure the mods are actually working though.
Old 04-28-09, 10:04 AM   #18
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef View Post
I'm not sure the mods are actually working though.
What mods are you using? If it is a large mod pack like TMO/OM/RFB...you will notice a difference from stock right off the bat!
Old 04-28-09, 11:38 AM   #19
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
What mods are you using? If it is a large mod pack like TMO/OM/RFB...you will notice a difference from stock right off the bat!
RFB and RSRD through JSGME. Never ran the game stock so I have nothing to compare it to.

I have everything in a separate folder called GAMES.
Old 04-28-09, 12:05 PM   #20
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
RFB and RSRD through JSGME. Never ran the game stock so I have nothing to compare it to.

I have everything in a separate folder called GAMES.
Well then, what does your opening of the game look and sound like? Is there a strange poem being read to you before the game loads? Is it the usual UBI logo and music playing when you load the game? If not, your mods are working.
Old 04-28-09, 12:20 PM   #21
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
Well then, what does your opening of the game look and sound like? Is there a strange poem being read to you before the game loads? Is it the usual UBI logo and music playing when you load the game? If not, your mods are working.
UBI logo and whacky poem with clouds in the sky.
Old 04-28-09, 12:34 PM   #22
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
UBI logo and whacky poem with clouds in the sky.
Ok, they are not working. Write step by step what you have done. Were SH4 is loaded, etc. We will get you going. SH4 and Vista do play nice nice

Just looking through your previous post. Where is JSGME loaded? I extract mine right to the SH4 root folder. After that I got to the SH4 main folder and create a folder. Call it MODS. This is were you need to extract the mods to. Once done. Go back to the SH4 main folder and double click the JSGME icon to open. Activate the mods listed on the left. You should see a much different game right off the bat if the mods are working.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 04-28-09 at 12:51 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-09, 03:00 PM   #23
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
Ok, they are not working. Write step by step what you have done. Were SH4 is loaded, etc. We will get you going. SH4 and Vista do play nice nice

Just looking through your previous post. Where is JSGME loaded? I extract mine right to the SH4 root folder. After that I got to the SH4 main folder and create a folder. Call it MODS. This is were you need to extract the mods to. Once done. Go back to the SH4 main folder and double click the JSGME icon to open. Activate the mods listed on the left. You should see a much different game right off the bat if the mods are working.
I appreciate the help. I'm an old member with few posts though the news page is one of my home pages as I live in the Submarine Capital of the World. I've played AoD and then SH, some SHII and a little SHIII before I drifted away. Now I'm back to play SHIV on the new computer.

I installed SHIV into a stand alone folder called GAMES on the hardrive outside of the x86 folder. I've installed JSGME into that GAMES folder. I created a MODS folder in the GAMES folder as well and extracted the mods into it. I then ran JSGME to install them and it said they were activated properly. I did all of this before running the game so I had nothing to go on as to whether it was working but as I've played, I've been coming to the realization it wasn't working.

BTW, the game itself runs fine.
Old 04-29-09, 07:37 AM   #24
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I installed SHIV into a stand alone folder called GAMES on the hardrive outside of the x86 folder. I've installed JSGME into that GAMES folder. I created a MODS folder in the GAMES folder as well and extracted the mods into it. I then ran JSGME to install them and it said they were activated properly. I did all of this before running the game so I had nothing to go on as to whether it was working but as I've played, I've been coming to the realization it wasn't working.
It is great up to the part of your mods folder you created for the JSGME. This mods folder needs to be inside the SH4 main folder. As stated in my previous post. Extract the JSGME program right the SH4 main folder. Once done click the JSGEM .exe to install. Then, create your MODS folder inside the SH4 main folder. Simply right click scroll to NEW then FOLDER. Name it MODS(all caps) Extract all you mods to this fold! I keep the JSGME icon inside the main SH4 folder as well. Just more organized for me and I know it works when I do this.

When I extract mods I navigate to the MODS folder inside the SH4 main folder where I created the MODS folder. Once done, I navigate to the SH4 main folder and double click the JSGME icon to activate the mods. Close out JSGME when the mods are done activating and then close the SH4 main folder. Start your game.
Old 04-29-09, 08:03 AM   #25
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
It is great up to the part of your mods folder you created for the JSGME. This mods folder needs to be inside the SH4 main folder. As stated in my previous post. Extract the JSGME program right the SH4 main folder. Once done click the JSGEM .exe to install. Then, create your MODS folder inside the SH4 main folder. Simply right click scroll to NEW then FOLDER. Name it MODS(all caps) Extract all you mods to this fold! I keep the JSGME icon inside the main SH4 folder as well. Just more organized for me and I know it works when I do this.

When I extract mods I navigate to the MODS folder inside the SH4 main folder where I created the MODS folder. Once done, I navigate to the SH4 main folder and double click the JSGME icon to activate the mods. Close out JSGME when the mods are done activating and then close the SH4 main folder. Start your game.
Hmmmm, I think that's how I have it set up. Both JSGME and the MODS folder are with SH4 stuff in the GAMES folder. Maybe I should try and disable the mods and enable them again when I get back to port and see if it takes?
Old 04-29-09, 10:23 AM   #26
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Hmmmm, I think that's how I have it set up. Both JSGME and the MODS folder are with SH4 stuff in the GAMES folder. Maybe I should try and disable the mods and enable them again when I get back to port and see if it takes?
Yes, do not activate mods while in patrol. In fact, it you have this set up like I have posted. Go to your DOCUMENTS folder and find the SH4 folder in there. Open it up. There are two saved game files(saved games and rich saved games). Delete these(yes, you loose saved games but this is unavoidable). The go activate the mods. See what happens.
Old 04-29-09, 04:26 PM   #27
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
Yes, do not activate mods while in patrol. In fact, it you have this set up like I have posted. Go to your DOCUMENTS folder and find the SH4 folder in there. Open it up. There are two saved game files(saved games and rich saved games). Delete these(yes, you loose saved games but this is unavoidable). The go activate the mods. See what happens.
I activated everything before I started playing but I'll give everything a try once I get back to port. First I have to say hello to Bungo Pete and try and get rid of some of these extra torpedoes faster than the way I have been, one lone freighter at a time.
Old 04-29-09, 05:25 PM   #28
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I activated everything before I started playing but I'll give everything a try once I get back to port. First I have to say hello to Bungo Pete and try and get rid of some of these extra torpedoes faster than the way I have been, one lone freighter at a time.
Now hold it right there! You have Bungo Pete? Now you really are confusing me Just what mods are you activating
Old 04-29-09, 06:00 PM   #29
Chef
Seaman

Quote:
Now hold it right there! You have Bungo Pete? Now you really are confusing me Just what mods are you activating
Sorry, didn't know he was in a mod. I just meant to say I was headed to the Bungo Suido.
Old 04-30-09, 08:34 AM   #30
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Sorry, didn't know he was in a mod. I just meant to say I was headed to the Bungo Suido.

Trust me....Bungo Pete created by Ducimus is a nasty bastard. Some have beat him and others have not. Bungo Pete is the hell spawn DD If you really want to met Bungo Pete download the TMO mod package created by Duci. It is a good mod package.