SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-19, 08:06 AM   #556
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Is there a file for german side? Would be awesome if it was compatible with Dark Waters

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 01:23 PM   #557
4H_Ccrashh
Helmsman

Downloads: 469
Uploads: 0

Ok would it be possible for someone to tell me exactly how to load this please?

There are no instructions in the thread that I can find. I opened the readme contained in the archive and under Installation is says "None"

Just jun the appropriate bat bile.

Ok, But where do you extract all of the files to?

Also in the thread it mentions things like "ActivePerl" and "ActivePython".

I found in the archive in the "dist" folder a files that have the word "python in the filename. is this the "ActivePython"? mentioned?

Nowhere in the downloaded archive is there any mention of "Pearl" or any other girl.

I realize I am late to the party and that this was started 13 years ago. Has anyone thought to write up a click by click manual on how to do this?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21#post2647021
4H_Ccrashh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 06:34 PM   #558
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

extract anywhere. it interfaces directly with SH and the windows speech recognition so it doesn't matter what folder it's all in

basically you need to have some version of Perl and Python installed, it's been a very long time so I'm not sure if ActivePerl and ActivePython are even still around. I don't even use them anymore, I use Strawberry Perl, but I don't know if that even works with this program. those things can be found online and are not included with the shSpeech zip.

sorry I've been gone so long, hello again everyone! I try to pop in now and again
Old 09-03-20, 06:38 PM   #559
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
Hi I have a problem with speech rec on sh4

I issue a command like nav map, goes to the nav map fine. But other commands like speed and depth and depth under keel, I speak the command and the mouse moves - but the mouse misses the button for say depth under keel for example. This renders most of the commands useless for me I'm afrai, and suggestions?
typically this is because you're either running a mod that has remapped your keys, or you didn't set the screen resolution properly in the startup files, so everything is a bit off kilter.

i haven't run this in years and I suspect that, if like me, you run a 4K monitor that uses font scaling, that could fundamentally alter the resolution in a way that even matching it in the shSpeech config files wouldn't work right. but generally if you use the right launcher depending on your mod setup, and your resolution is right, then everything should line up - and the excel files are included showing the coordinates of everything (I believe based on some core resolution and everything is calculated from there)

I found all these coordinates by running the game at that resolution and taking screenshots into Photoshop so I could use the cursor tools to determine the exact x/y offset of the pixel I wanted to click. so as the game has changed (and mods change it as well) some things could not quite be where I programmed them to be.
Old 09-03-20, 06:42 PM   #560
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mati140 View Post
Did anyone try this in Windows 10? Is Cortana backwards compatible with the old Speech Recognition Engine or would it require a complete rewrite?

EDIT: BTW, I think I still have a modfied file for a 1080p screen somewhere, if someone needs it I could post it.

EDIT2: Disregard all of that. I did find an issue though:

The clicks in the stock command section are shifted. Saying depth under keel results in periscope depth, saying knuckle right causes knuckle left etc.
i've never tried it in Windows 10, but i just turned on speech recognition from the control panel or whatever, and it looks the same as when I developed it, so I don't think Cortana would get in the way.
Old 09-03-20, 06:49 PM   #561
minsc_tdp
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickswitch View Post
I notice it says 'change under sh4speech.bat - I'm guessing this isn't the file I need to change that info as it is uneditable - where do I find sh4speech.bat
sorry it's been like 4 years but

root folder of the zip has all the different BATs, use whichever best matches your setup

.bat files are just text files and are indeed editable.
Old 10-09-20, 12:15 AM   #562
Captain Prise
Seaman

Downloads: 82

does this still work?

Last edited by Captain Prise; 11-05-20 at 04:11 AM.
Captain Prise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-20, 09:49 PM   #563
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Prise View Post
does this still work?
I haven't used it but I just saw a YouTube video with someone using it so I'm guessing it still works?!?

I was surprised to hear him saying commands and the boat doing it
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 10:33 AM   #564
hughesjr
Watch

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsc_tdp View Post
sorry it's been like 4 years but

root folder of the zip has all the different BATs, use whichever best matches your setup

.bat files are just text files and are indeed editable.
I don't suppose you would let me know the secret of how to directly input a 3 digit course or heading into the interface? Maybe there is not a way, and this is done via mouse clicks .. in which case I will need to try something else

EDIT: Based on everything that I am looking at, the heading and rudder changes seem to be based on the screen layout and do not have a direct numerical input .. is this correct? I do see that Shift Page up has been set to this:

[Cmd180]
Name=Set_course
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x21,Cs,"SHIFT Page Up"

BUT .. I do not see a way to feed it input.

Last edited by hughesjr; 09-04-21 at 11:00 AM.
hughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote