SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-15-21, 06:05 PM   #1
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2
Default Texture mod for SH4 AI surface ship IJN/USN/RN

Hi guys,

I start this new post to give content details and download links for my my FDS texture MOD for SH4

The FDS Mod will bring a major update to the textures of surface ships of the SH4 Stock installation.

All the basic SH4 fleet are concerned by this project. The plan is to update the texture of each ship by making something more accurate in term of fitting, color and camo scheme, using historical references for color and fitting and trying to reproduce (when it’s possible regarding the mapping system of each ship) the camo scheme or making something in the spirit of the historical scheme.

The mod will be released in several pack. DD / CA / CL /CV and BB types

- The project is to make something global, to make a big change in term of render of the surface ships during mission and campaign. So I work with always the same elements and the same range of colors. All the colors are elaborated following plastic model color chart to have something the most accurate possible.
- There is no change on the structure of the files, it's just a repaint of the source file, so it will be compatible with all the mods that are using stock SH4 installation as a base.
- Ready for JSGME installation
- Some Roster files has been updated with right ship name for the class and right range of date for start and end of each unit.
- The Roster file need to be set up with date of start and end of each skin if you want to have a particular camo scheme in a built mission
- First packs of skins will be for the IJN and the USN, RN and others fleet will follow.

The wall of thanks:

- Ubisoft of course and all the dev team of SH4, the best nav sim ever. And
thanks for such great 3D models
- Adobe and is mighty Photoshop
- Yannick 'Bluehair' Leon for is great DDS converter
- Skwas for is essential Silent 3ditor
- Subsim for is essential Radio Room that give me the opportunity to share this
work
- All the team of LOS paper review for documentation

Here the link for the firs pack of 12 ships dedicated to the DD units
- IJN / Asashio, Akizuki, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Shiratsuyu, Fubuki
-USN / Clemson, Somers, Fletcher, Evarts, Buckley, JC Butler

http://www.mediafire.com/file/36xf2k..._Pack.zip/file

That's all folks. Some wip of the cruiser soon
And, feel free to put some pict, it's a monk work, and I've no much time to test more than a pict to see if it's work..

Have fun

Against the overwhelming odds

Last edited by flush deck; 10-16-21 at 07:52 AM.
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-21, 06:22 PM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post
Hi guys,

I start this new post to give content details and download links for my my FDS texture MOD for SH4

The FDS Mod will bring a major update to the textures of surface ships of the SH4 Stock installation.

All the basic SH4 fleet are concerned by this project. The plan is to update the texture of each ship by making something more accurate in term of fitting, color and camo scheme, using historical references for color and fitting and trying to reproduce (when it’s possible regarding the mapping system of each ship) the camo scheme or making something in the spirit of the historical scheme.

The mod will be released in several pack. DD / CA / CL /CV and BB types

- The project is to make something global, to make a big change in term of render of the surface ships during mission and campaign. So I work with always the same elements and the same range of colors. All the colors are elaborated following plastic model color chart to have something the most accurate possible.
- There is no change on the structure of the files, it's just a repaint of the source file, so it will be compatible with all the mods that are using stock SH4 installation as a base.
- Ready for JSGME installation
- Some Roster files has been updated with right ship name for the class and right range of date for start and end of each unit.
- The Roster file need to be set up with date of start and end of each skin if you want to have a particular camo scheme in a built mission
- First packs of skins will be for the IJN and the USN, RN and others fleet will follow.

The wall of thanks:

- Ubisoft of course and all the dev team of SH4, the best nav sim ever. And
thanks for such great 3D models
- Adobe and is mighty Photoshop
- Yannick 'Bluehair' Leon for is great DDS converter
- Skwas for is essential Silent 3ditor
- Subsim for is essential Radio Room that give me the opportunity to share this
work
- All the team of LOS paper review for documentation

Here the link for the firs pack of 12 ships dedicated to the DD units
- IJN / Asashio, Akizuki, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Shiratsuyu, Fubuki
-USN / Clemson, Somers, Fletcher, Evarts, Buckley, JC Butler

http://www.mediafire.com/file/36xf2k..._Pack.zip/file

IJN SET

Akizuki

Asashio

Minekaze

Mutsuki

Fubuki

Shiratsuyu

USN SET

Clemson

Somers

Fletcher

Evarts

Buckley

JC Butler

That's all folks. Some wip of the cruiser soon
And, feel free to put some pict, it's a monk work, and I've no much time to test more than a pict to see if it's work..

Have fun

This looks amazing, hope we can it compatible with TMO Update I recently released. The ship packs used at in downloads section "Allied Ships for TMO" and "Ships for TMO"

In my update a lot of roster changes were made in regards to name, class, additional vessels added with unique names etc.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 07:32 AM   #3
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

awesome work!
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-21, 07:47 AM   #4
flush deck
Mate

Thank you Bubblehead1980.

As I said, it's just graphic update. The modification of the Roster files is just an update from the stock game ones, because there is more texture version for each class of ship. the correction of the name ship and date is just for historical accuracy, that change nothing for the game exe.

If you have made stand alone ship from class one, and so proper Roster file, if you want to use one of the skin for this stand alone, you just have to copy the files of the type ship in the class folder of the mod, and past all in the folder of your stand alone. You need to change the name of the files and put the one of your stand alone (the one you have put in the Roster file for skin (T), Occlusion and Normal map). If you want just a specific scheme, copy the one (T01/T02/T03 etc..) you need and past just this one with the others files.

files to copy
xxxx_N01.dds
xxxx_N01_lr.dds
xxxx_O01.dds
xxxx_O01_lr.dds
xxxx_T01.dds
xxxx_T01_lr.dds
(and others T0 files)

I'll update my post to avoid double picts (there's lot..) and delete the picts in as you have made a quote of it. So please don't update yours. the essential is that there's pict of the content.

Old 10-16-21, 07:49 AM   #5
flush deck
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
awesome work!
thanks vickers03

Old 10-20-21, 04:41 AM   #6
flush deck
Mate

Hi guys,

One of my friend show me a problem with other files of the Sea folder that could have been modified to be adpted for other Mod like TMO MilSab or FOTRSU, like .dsd .eqp etc..
As there is the stock version of this files in my Mod, that's a problem for those who use those big Mod for SH4.

So I've made a new pack with just the texture files.
Link below

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3lzb...t_Solo.7z/file

Old 10-20-21, 12:15 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post
Hi guys,

One of my friend show me a problem with other files of the Sea folder that could have been modified to be adpted for other Mod like TMO MilSab or FOTRSU, like .dsd .eqp etc..
As there is the stock version of this files in my Mod, that's a problem for those who use those big Mod for SH4.

So I've made a new pack with just the texture files.
Link below

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3lzb...t_Solo.7z/file
Query...

Is it safe to say, that this can be activated while at sea... or is it best to apply when in port.?

As it's a graphical set up... tex files... would figure that should make it safe to apply while on patrol... but... I could be mistaken.. I do admit.

M. M.
Old 10-23-21, 03:41 AM   #8
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338
Uploads: 0