SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-21, 03:32 AM   #7441
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

The story continues. This morning I also did the Narvik 1 and Narvik 2 missions.
1 - I sank all 5 destroyers but I failed to save the tanker.
2 - I sank HMS Nelson and 7 destroyers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Narvik I - nave scufundate.jpg (94.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Narvik II - nave scufundate.jpg (95.2 KB, 10 views)
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 03:49 AM   #7442
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Noobicum4Ever ive Sent you a Pm Sir
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 04:12 AM   #7443
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Noobicum4Ever ive Sent you a Pm Sir
Thank you sir!
Old 10-24-21, 04:20 AM   #7444
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Default A postal card from Curacao

9 ships, +60k tons
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curacao - hartă 2.jpg (76.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-24-21, 07:53 AM   #7445
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever View Post
9 ships, +60k tons
Way to go! Good hunting Herr Kaleun.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 05:09 AM   #7446
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Default Another two missions!

After three days and dozens of attempts, I managed to complete the mission of "HMS Eagle". HMS Eagle and SS Ohio are sunk and Malta can no longer survive. In the meantime, I managed to fulfill the mission of "HMS Barham"! All 3 battleships plus one more warship are sunk!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HMS Eagle - obiective.jpg (84.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg HMS Barham - nave scufundate.jpg (93.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-27-21, 01:08 PM   #7447
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338

Old 11-01-21, 10:08 PM   #7448
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26

All:
Having started with the original SH3 and moved through all varieties with a final stop at GW, I must agree with many comments here. The GW update, or whatever you want to call it, was the final and not-to-be-improved version of any sub sim. The work and devoted time installed by Jimbuna and, gosh, others whose names escape me, are remarkable. I would go back and reinstall the whole thing, but at years 87 I'm not sure I know how to do it. The original SH3 discs are sitting above my desk as I type, but...my the complicated time to load the game, do the update, conquer the barriers to not using a disk...all seem a bit overwhelming to this old (very old) mariner. But it would be nice...

One thing especially: I must salute the respect given to the German Untersee mariners who fought their country's war - whether or not they accepted the political position of the leadership - and Grey Wolves accepted that. No country can ask for more.

My elderly hat is off to all the Grey Wolves developers.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 02:34 AM   #7449
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
All:
Having started with the original SH3 and moved through all varieties with a final stop at GW, I must agree with many comments here. The GW update, or whatever you want to call it, was the final and not-to-be-improved version of any sub sim. The work and devoted time installed by Jimbuna and, gosh, others whose names escape me, are remarkable. I would go back and reinstall the whole thing, but at years 87 I'm not sure I know how to do it. The original SH3 discs are sitting above my desk as I type, but...my the complicated time to load the game, do the update, conquer the barriers to not using a disk...all seem a bit overwhelming to this old (very old) mariner. But it would be nice...

One thing especially: I must salute the respect given to the German Untersee mariners who fought their country's war - whether or not they accepted the political position of the leadership - and Grey Wolves accepted that. No country can ask for more.

Archive1
Indeed. GWX is an amazing piece of work, done by a group of amazing people. The amount of work put into it and the time and effort required is incredibly impressive.
"Thanks" doesn't begin to cover it.
If you'd like some help setting up the game, just ask. Folks here will have you up and running quickly and easily.
Old 11-02-21, 08:59 AM   #7450
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
All:

Archive1
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-21, 05:48 AM   #7451
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Quote:
All:

Archive1
If installation is putting you off, you could try the OneAlex Edition of GWX.

The download link is under this Youtube video:

You don't need anything from your original DVD or CD, or to install it, you simply have it so you're a licensed user and 'legal'.

OneAlex Edition comes in a large, single compressed file.

If you haven't already got a program on your PC which can unzip/decompress such files, download and install 7zip first: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

Then download GWX OneAlex Edition. It's a big file so will take a while.

When it's finished downloading, use 7zip to unzip/decompress the file to a new folder - SH3 ideally - on your PC's hard drive (but not inside the folder Program files (x86).

Play!

As well as the best of GWX and all sorts of improvements, GWX OneAlex Edition includes:

- the much-improved U-boats from the German U-Boat Compilation mod; and

- the SH3 Commander utility (SH3C) which is great (amongst other things) for creating a commander persona, giving real names to the ships you sink and creating good patrol records (tho you don't have to use SH3C).

it's like Grey Wolves on steroids!

Last edited by 33lima; 11-12-21 at 05:57 AM.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 07:40 AM   #7452
Schiffmorder
Sailor man

Downloads: 4
Default OneAlex Zero UZO?

Hi,
I have just installed OneAlex and love it but the UZO seems to be MIA? It's not on the bridge, pressing U gives me nothing but sadness. I haven't seen anything in the documentation so far about this. Am I bugged?
Schiffmorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-21, 08:12 AM   #7453
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schiffmorder View Post
Hi,
I have just installed OneAlex and love it but the UZO seems to be MIA? It's not on the bridge, pressing U gives me nothing but sadness. I haven't seen anything in the documentation so far about this. Am I bugged?

Try shift N.
Old 11-14-21, 08:46 AM   #7454
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Hi,
First, move your question to the correct thread.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248010

Place UZO on Turm Shift+U and click on the eyepiece
Old 11-24-21, 08:46 AM   #7455
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Hi,
Yes Anvar is right, ask on the Onealex mod thread and its Shift + U and Ctrl + U in his mod to equip UZO on bridge and off again. What I tell everyone is whatever megamod your using then press F1 in game and it will give you list of in-game controls for that particular megamod.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote