SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-21, 02:39 PM   #1
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 2338
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 Rear Torpedo Tube Fix for TWoS

Last edited by U-190; 10-11-21 at 06:11 PM.
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 04:51 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-190
If you paid attention to the fact that whatever torpedo you loaded into the stern unit while in the bunker,
- when you go out to sea, you find G7a (TI) there.
I have corrected this misunderstanding. The fifth torpedo tube was always charged with a torpedo, circular trajectory with acoustic homing T III FaT II (G7E
AHEM! http://www.uboataces.com/torpedo-tiiia.shtml
Quote:
The new pattern running T IIIa FaT II torpedo entered service at the end of 1942. Essentially the same as other conventional torpedoes, the only difference lay in the guidance system.
Designed as a specialized anti convoy weapon, it was intended to be launched from abeam a convoy. The torpedo could be programmed to run in a straight line for a certain distance, then if a hit did not occur, the torpedo would reverse course turning right or left (as programmed) and ran for a further 800 or 1,600 meters before reversing course again. This zigzag search pattern would continue until the torpedo found a target or ran out of fuel. If this zigzag pattern ran across the path of a convoy, chances of scoring a hit was greatly increased.
As the torpedo could not differentiate between friendly and hostile targets, U-boats launching FATs had to radio a warning to nearby U-boats to stay clear for at least half an hour. As far as is known, however, no such sinkings took place.
The pattern running guidance system was also fitted to the steam-powered T I. Designated as T I FaT I (G7a), this version was not widely adapted due to the bubble wake. Another slight variation was also adapted, which came to be known as T III FaT II (G7e). This was launched from the stern tube against attacking pursuers, where after the initial straight run, the torpedo would turn back full circle in a long loop. This was not successful, however, and was quickly discontinued....
There is an apparent discrepancy 'twixt your 'always loaded' and my respectable source's 'quickly discontinued' A fun video> Warning: contains graphic details!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 03:26 AM   #3
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
AHEM! http://www.uboataces.com/torpedo-tiiia.shtml There is an apparent discrepancy 'twixt your 'always loaded' and my respectable source's 'quickly discontinued' A fun video> Warning: contains graphic details!
Well, I put it away. .Now let your respected source release modifications for SH5 ...
Such remarks take away my incentive to release something else. Good luck!
Old 10-12-21, 06:51 PM   #4
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-190 View Post
Well, I put it away. .Now let your respected source release modifications for SH5 ...
Such remarks take away my incentive to release something else. Good luck!
no skin off my nose if you do or you don't i mean what the difference you just going get people hopes up then remove the mod even if Neal puts the mod on the front page bam you remove it,most of your so call super mod that i have seen is eye candy so basic i would put my game back to a bugfest just for candy i rather keep TWoS warts and all least i can play it,i'm from the show me state so that what i believe
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 09:53 AM   #5
U-190
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
no skin off my nose if you do or you don't i mean what the difference you just going get people hopes up then remove the mod even if Neal puts the mod on the front page bam you remove it,most of your so call super mod that i have seen is eye candy so basic i would put my game back to a bugfest just for candy i rather keep TWoS warts and all least i can play it,i'm from the show me state so that what i believe
I decided to revised all my mods. I will publish them again soon.
U-190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 11:19 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Good!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 12:04 PM   #7
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 244

your mods are eye candy U-190...keep them online for us
Old 10-13-21, 01:10 PM   #8
U-190
Seasoned Skipper