SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-21, 06:21 PM   #1
Petar Stevanovic
Nub

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Default Help with the tdc autoupdate problem

Hello dear skippers. I need some help with my tdc problem. You see i recently managed to install the arb widescreen gui 1920x1080 mod for silent hunter 3. The mod not only makes the game in a widescreen resolution but also adds many new features for instance the ability to input tdc solution in without exiting attack periscope. However during my first patrol with this mod and encountering enemy merchant ships i noticed something was not working correctly anymore. As i mentioned earlier this mod lets you update the tdc without exiting the periscope and also has an autoupdate button. But after leaving friendly waters and being on my patrol for some time something happens and the auto update button which is normaly green(which means autoupdate is on and cannot be currently manually changed) changes to red(which means that now you can change the torpedo solution in the tdc). Now the red color means that autoupdate is on and green means autoupdate is off. Saving my game and then loading the save solves this problem. But there is another problem. For some reason after this problem occurs, when i set the torpedo depth to 1,2,3 meters or really any shallow torpedo depth and after firing, my eel goes very deep maybe like 10 or 12 meters deep and i completely miss the target. Can someone please help me because i really want to continue using this mod and not revert back to playing on an non widescreen resolution.I have silent hunter 3 with GWX 3.0 and have updated my sh3 with h.sies 1.6 patch

MODS I AM USING:
ARB WideGui 1920x1080
GWX Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX VIIC41 Player Sub
Thomsens Sound Pack V3.2
Torpedo Damage Final ver2.0
SH-5 Water For SH-3 Ultimate V10 16 Km
Supplement to V16B1
Petar Stevanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 11:01 PM   #2
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25

When a key is assigned to TDC on/off and you use it, the button gets out of sync. I don't remember if ARB has a key for the TDC but it is usually Ctrl T .

Regards
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 11:07 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Petar Stevanovic! belatedly; please forgive our manners.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 12:15 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petar Stevanovic View Post
Hello dear skippers. I need some help with my tdc problem. You see i recently managed to install the arb widescreen gui 1920x1080 mod for silent hunter 3. The mod not only makes the game in a widescreen resolution but also adds many new features for instance the ability to input tdc solution in without exiting attack periscope. However during my first patrol with this mod and encountering enemy merchant ships i noticed something was not working correctly anymore. As i mentioned earlier this mod lets you update the tdc without exiting the periscope and also has an autoupdate button. But after leaving friendly waters and being on my patrol for some time something happens and the auto update button which is normaly green(which means autoupdate is on and cannot be currently manually changed) changes to red(which means that now you can change the torpedo solution in the tdc). Now the red color means that autoupdate is on and green means autoupdate is off. Saving my game and then loading the save solves this problem. But there is another problem. For some reason after this problem occurs, when i set the torpedo depth to 1,2,3 meters or really any shallow torpedo depth and after firing, my eel goes very deep maybe like 10 or 12 meters deep and i completely miss the target. Can someone please help me because i really want to continue using this mod and not revert back to playing on an non widescreen resolution.I have silent hunter 3 with GWX 3.0 and have updated my sh3 with h.sies 1.6 patch

MODS I AM USING:
ARB WideGui 1920x1080
GWX Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX VIIC41 Player Sub
Thomsens Sound Pack V3.2
Torpedo Damage Final ver2.0
SH-5 Water For SH-3 Ultimate V10 16 Km
Supplement to V16B1
Ahoy, Kaleun Petar Stevanovic...

An important query...

to what year are you starting out or current date where you are, in the career.?

This is important, owing to the fact, that if you have the optional settings (BEFORE setting off on patrol or aka realism settings) on to full out realism... then torp issues such as premature detonation, running deep, etc., etc. are going to be a problem, just as they were for the Uboat service & iirc, as well as for the German surface service too... that will haunt them both, until after... Operation Weserubung (think I have that spelled correctly...) which... Think was after June of 1940, that troubles for the most part were... alleviated. (for the most part, think they still had issues with the mag det side of things.. for a bit longer )

So, if your in the early on stages of your career, prior to June, 1940.. figure by July, maybe August, 1940.. to start seeing a reduction of deep running torp errors... at least.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.