SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-21, 07:31 PM   #1
FilmsGaming
Swabbie

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Default Help | Silent Hunter 3 Crash on load screen

Hello
This is the disc version of SH3 with no mods and I'm also on windows 10. I assume Starforce Came with the disc as I did get the Protection system error. I tried removing it using sfcdrvrem.exe but I got "No protection drivers found to remove." I installed Silent Hunter 1.4b Patch and that seems to work as I can now launch the game, However now I crash on the loading screen. I have been launching the game as a administrator and in compatibility mode (Windows XP Service Pack 2) and I have set my resolution to 1024 x 768 but that didn't work. I'm Running out of ideas so I thought I could ask you guys for help.

Cheers
FilmsGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 04:08 PM   #2
rokvam
Watch

Downloads: 68
Default I would just buy it from the Ubisoft web page...

Hi,

Probably not the answer you want, but I would just pop over to the UbiSoft webpage and download the game there via Uplay.

It's not that expensive anymore, and it works perfectly with windows 10 and the Living Silent Hunter 2020 mod if you are contemplating adding that as well...

Best regards
Ron
Old 10-08-21, 04:29 PM   #3
FilmsGaming
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokvam View Post
Hi,

Probably not the answer you want, but I would just pop over to the UbiSoft webpage and download the game there via Uplay.

It's not that expensive anymore, and it works perfectly with windows 10 and the Living Silent Hunter 2020 mod if you are contemplating adding that as well...

Best regards
Ron
Hello,
Thank you for the response however I'm tight on money right now to buy a third version of the game (Disc & steam) and I don't really want to download Uplay as steam is my main game store. However I will keep this mind if I don't figure this out.
Thanks again

Cheers
Old 10-08-21, 04:41 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

This is a picture from over in the SH4 side of things here, but you will most likely have to further mess with the "Properties" settings of the SH3.exe file, and "Change high DPI settings", at the least. You might also have to set the "Disable full screen optimizations". I have one computer where I have had to use that "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." and then set the "Use the DPI that's set..." and put it to "When I load this program", or whatever the "program" choice is. See what happens. A question though: What folder and path do you have the game installed?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-21, 04:49 PM   #5
FilmsGaming
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This is a picture from over in the SH4 side of things here, but you will most likely have to further mess with the "Properties" settings of the SH3.exe file, and "Change high DPI settings", at the least. You might also have to set the "Disable full screen optimizations". I have one computer where I have had to use that "Use this setting to fix scaling problems..." and then set the "Use the DPI that's set..." and put it to "When I load this program", or whatever the "program" choice is. See what happens. A question though: What folder and path do you have the game installed?
Hello,
Thanks for the Response. I have tried the settings you suggested but that doesn't work As for the folder path I have set it to C:\Users\User\Saved Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 3
thanks for the help

Cheers
Old 10-08-21, 09:05 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

FilmsGaming!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 04:31 AM   #7
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Ahoy FilmsGaming you have a PM Sir delete your old SH3 Install and once you have read my PM you should have your SH3 new install up and running

at Subsim the pride runs deep we look after our own

Onkel Neals Modguru Linechiefs have been looking after the fleet for years

let me know if you need any more help

regards blackswan40
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 07:52 PM   #8
FilmsGaming
Swabbie

Hello,
Thank you everyone who commented on my post and commented ideas to fix my problem also Thanks to blackswan40 who was nice enough to give me working exe without starforce. anyways my version is now working.
thanks again have a nice day/night everyone

Cheers
Old 10-09-21, 11:49 PM   #9
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi FilmsGaming if you plan to use GWX download all 7 bin files and the Commander mod Config File download link below

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

Commander mod Download link (Commander Mod gives you the ability to give your Officers more than one Job/Skill ect

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4789

4Gig Patch so GWX will Give SH3 More Virtual memory download link

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5737

if you need any help installing the 4Gig patch GWX and the commander mod just add to this post Sir

Happy Hunting Sir Salute

Last edited by blackswan40; 10-12-21 at 03:54 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote