Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-20, 07:22 AM   #1
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default TWOS stadimeter issues

Hello,

as i finally got new laptop I decided to have a go at SH5 again and I have installed TWoS mod on top of it.

I played this game before with this mod so I know what to expect but I admin I did not play this one in a year or so.

Anyway, I am doing training mission where I have merchant coming from east going to west and I am the boat will have nice 90deg firing solution.

Now whenever I use the stadimeter either via TDC dials or officer window and I take measure the distance to target that get set in TDC but all previous values that I may have entered such as speed and AOB get reset. This is very annoying especially when target is closer and you are doing final TDC update and then you find yourself you have to re-enter everything.

Quite annoying bug and I dont recall having this issues year ago. Is this new bug? I reinstalled everything and still I find the same issue.

I understand the range is not that important for firing solution especially if gyro is 0 but there will be cases where gyro will not be 0 and I will need range working.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 05:44 PM   #2
reedca82
Watch

Downloads: 14

I've never had the issue personally. I'd guess it's a setup/config problem with your install but I have no clue where to start looking.
reedca82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:03 AM   #3
NiceSub
Torpedoman

Downloads: 66

I did some more testing around this and discovered the following:

After I input range I see the message in the message box that my navigator is trying to compute a firing solution. The input of range triggers that action.

once that happens if I go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution it restores all of my data keeping the range input as well.
NiceSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 07:21 AM   #4
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Telecharger is a spammer.

Reported.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-20, 07:27 AM   #5
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Haha, good eye!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 01:02 PM   #6
torpeter
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSub View Post
I did some more testing around this and discovered the following:

After I input range I see the message in the message box that my navigator is trying to compute a firing solution. The input of range triggers that action.

once that happens if I go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution it restores all of my data keeping the range input as well.
I have this exact same issue but I don't understand what it means to "go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution". I'm still getting used to the UI in SH5 (I come from SH3). The button to reset solution is unclickeable.

edit: got the button to work, but it doesn't restore my previous settings. I don't know why the game tries to automate everything for me even at maximum realism...

edit 2: I realized that I hadn't properly used the Generic File Patcher that comes with TWoS. I found (and followed) the instructions to install it. I noticed that it installs a fix pertaining to this exact issue: "Fixes problem of TDC AOB and Speed dials resetting when TDC is on and using stadimeter".

I haven't checked in-game whether the issue is fixed yet, but I assume it is. Sorry for thread revival and weird posting structure. My head is spinning due to struggling with this issue from last night until now.

Last edited by torpeter; 08-23-21 at 02:30 PM.
torpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 11:01 PM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

torpeter!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote