SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-22, 02:30 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default How to make lighthouses etc render at proper distances

Added a quite a few light houses at appropriate places in US Japan etc. Something have noticed is can not see them until about 7000 yards away.

Thinking the structures themselves and their lights should be visible at great ranges especially at night. I've noticed landmarks such as Golden Gate Bridge can not be viewed from longer distance as should be as well. Fix for these issues?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 02:00 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

One solution from zel quite a while ago was to turn them into "scenery", though it is a rather complicated task, and still does not allow for good rendering distance... besides the fact that I can no longer find his post about it... - I tried to add to what he had done, but after a couple of items, I quit... getting things placed properly is extremely difficult and tedious *(besides forgetting how to do it).

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-22, 06:22 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
One solution from zel quite a while ago was to turn them into "scenery", though it is a rather complicated task, and still does not allow for good rendering distance... besides the fact that I can no longer find his post about it... - I tried to add to what he had done, but after a couple of items, I quit... getting things placed properly is extremely difficult and tedious *(besides forgetting how to do it).

Are they not scenery if saved into .loc? That is where I have light houses, its where the Golden Gate Bridge is at. They just dont render at distances. Light houses especially lol Any idea what Z-far rendered is? Is a option to check for land objects in campaign.loc. Wondering if it has anything to do with rendering to be visual at longer ranges?

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 03-22-22 at 08:41 PM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote