SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-21-09, 04:00 PM   #31
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
The message appears occasionally and changes, for the duration of the fundraiser (a week).
You don't say....this is the bugga at the time of me posting this
Quote:
Listen up!
"If I can spare a few $'s here and there even with my extremely tight budget, then you can too.
Or, I can just come down the chimney with Santa and kick you in the nuggets while you're asleep and take your money."
-- Dowly
jimbuna, don't be a Scrooge, click here and be part of Subsim's End of the Year Fundraiser!

SS to me is a lot more than a forum, it is more akin to my internet family. Seldom have I visited and interacted with such a great set of people....decent folk who never hesitate to give advice, friendship and support to anyone in need...all they need do is ask.

I'm actually very proud to have been a member of a section of our community that has strived to live up to those ideals. There are many other sections in this community, whether they be individual or group modders, testers or simply those who show their support by posting. Without any of these elements SS would not be what it is today.

It is the wideness and diversity of EVERYONE here that makes this community such a positive family-like entity

I salute you all, especially Neal because without him we would not be here

Group hug everyone

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 04:38 PM   #32
JohnnyBlaze
Officer

Downloads: 204
Uploads: 0

Long live subsim.com

Donate
Old 12-22-09, 10:44 AM   #33
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

I guess I'll add my testimonial:

I remember getting Silent Hunter 3 shortly after release. I hadn't played a subsim since Silent Service, so I was about as newbie as a newbie gets. I found Subsim.com while searching for mods, and right away I was made to feel at home. I can't imagine another more welcoming and patient community for subsimmers of all skill levels. I've been around here for four years now, and have met some of the nicest and best all around people on Subsim, some of them in person.

If anyone is on the fence about helping to keep this site going, just ask yourself where else could you find the wealth of sub game information, help, mods, and the sense of community that we have here at Subsim? Please show your appreciation, even with just a $5 donation, so that we can continue to enjoy the best darn site and forums on the internet!

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 10:59 AM   #34
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Well I've been a member since 2000, I arrived here via another sim site after getting 688i H/K and needing info and patches and the other site didn't suffice. I've stayed ever since, branching out into HeloSim.com aswell without which I would never have met the *****waffles (Insert theatre of operations and side as needed). Since then Neal made me a moderator (I personally think that was a bit mad) and graduated from Dangerous Waters forum to the granddaddy forum of General Topics. How I love to log in and see who I'm going to brig my day. I hate to do it but hey, do I brig somone or continue yet another copy and paste drawing at work....hard decision.

Anyway, Onkle Neal needs you....I'm doing my part.

OK so we are not the mobile infantry but you get the point...

Or I'll send Dowly in your sleep.....think about do you want THAT ferret in your pyjama pants?
Old 12-22-09, 11:02 AM   #35
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

I think a lot of wallets just got a little bit lighter.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 11:16 AM   #36
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

I thought I was donateing by doing large amount of Xmas shopping here useing this Amazon acess.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 12:00 PM   #37
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

You are but I don't know who much that is bringing in.
Old 12-22-09, 12:06 PM   #38
Tweety
Planesman

Downloads: 157
Fund Donation

Merry Christmas to everyone at Subsim and their families.

At the time I purchased SH 3, I didn't know very much about submarines in general other then they go under water and were used in WW II. So I started looking for information on how to play and how valuable the submarine actually was in WW II.

Having said that I now have more information at my disposal. SUBsim, for me is a very very wonderful site to find all that information. I haven't posted very much, but I have been reading a lot of comments from members from all over this world. I laugh at some of the funny comments I come across. I feel sad when other members or a loved one has passed on, as i Have also lost my wife and mother, but on the brighter side I have learned to sink ships (been watching to many videos).

As Rockin Robbins said in one post their is a steep learning curve in learning how to play a submarine simulation game. Without Subsim I don't think I would have been able to overcome this learning curve and enjoy having this much fun playing a game. It is amazing the talented members we have who produced such beautiful mods and can show me how to play this game and have fun at the same time.

For me, Subsim is my family now. The kids are on their own. I can sit back, relax and play SH3 or SH4 and SH5 when it is released.

Neal, thank you for a wonderful site.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays

Mark
Tweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 12:21 PM   #39
limkol
XO

Downloads: 210

Hi Neal,

just got a new pair of reading glasses and I'm not quite used to them yet. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that instead of paying a contribution to Subsim............ I had mistakenly made a contribution to Butsim!!!!!!!!! However, since the photos and dvd arrived, I have decided that it was not a complete waste of money

Ha ha ha! Happy Xmas shipmates Thanks for the good work and thanks for an excellent Subsim meet in Copenhagen. Donation sent the 21st.
limkol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 01:43 PM   #40
jimbob
Ensign

Downloads: 365
Uploads: 6

Heh, but simulation, all abroad the fail boat.
jimbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 02:08 PM   #41
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
I thought I was donateing by doing large amount of Xmas shopping here useing this Amazon acess.

That definitely helps, but it seems a lot of people forget to use the Subsim store search box to start their Amazon shopping. Completely normal, I guess--most people probably just type in amazon ,com and go. And I don't like nagging people. You could not guess how hard it is for me top pull the trigger and set up this fundraiser But it's either that or else, I sure cannot afford to pay the costs on my own.
Old 12-22-09, 03:26 PM   #42
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus View Post
the granddaddy forum of General Topics.

Old 12-22-09, 03:45 PM   #43
Thomen
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 14

Thomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 04:59 PM   #44
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
That definitely helps, but it seems a lot of people forget to use the Subsim store search box to start their Amazon shopping. Completely normal, I guess--most people probably just type in amazon ,com and go. And I don't like nagging people. You could not guess how hard it is for me top pull the trigger and set up this fundraiser But it's either that or else, I sure cannot afford to pay the costs on my own.

I know how your system works and come here to access Amazon.

Since I don't like shopping malls and the rude people especially at, Xmas time I mainly use the internet and gift cards to my shopping.

And... Why not shop from here ?

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 11:27 PM   #45
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote