SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-16, 04:21 PM   #1
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

Default The Marriage of Microsoft and Linux

Wim Coekaerts, corporate VP of Microsoft Enterprise Open Source Group, came to LinuxCon preaching enable, integrate, release, and contribute instead of embrace, extend, and extinguish.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-mar...inkId=27997694

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 05:42 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Good riddance from here right into hell, Sir. I did not take all this Linux testing, installing, buying onto me just to see how Microsoft now infiltrates, infests, erodes and sinks it, too. I did all this to never be touched by Microsoft again in my life. They are not about a better world, but about destroying a very unwanted rival, and potential risk to their treacherous ways. I hope the Linux community has its brains together and refuses this poisonous advertising by Microsoft. Microsofts vision for the future is not good and noble. Its Microsoft Above All and Everything, At All Costs.

If you accept an invitation to dance with the devil, expect a hot dance with him setting the pace.

Quote:
"A year ago I would not have considered working for Microsoft, but Microsoft has changed."
Oh yes, Sir, it has. Very. Customer-oriented, it later says? That had me laughing my dinner on my brandnew notebook screen. Maybe business big fish. Private users can hardly even grin about it anymore, not after the past 12-18 months.
Old 08-25-16, 06:28 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

There is no marriage. Microsoft and Linux are not equals at all. The Linux community hates everything Microsoft stands for and for very good reason. Microsoft drones can preach all they want but Microsoft's only mode of operation is, has been and will ever be embrace, extend, and extinguish.

They do not work for the computer user. They exploit the computer user. There is a place for some commercial aspects within the Linux umbrella. But Microsoft is not one that will be accepted.

We use Linux because it is an alternative to the evil empire. We will have no relations with a company which redefines close window buttons into "slime me with the malware which is Windows 10" button. We will have no relations with a company which several times a day invades our systems and resets our user preferences to allow our property to be invaded by malware. We will have no part of a company which believes that the primary purposes of an operating system are to serve you advertisements and harvest your personal information without your knowledge or consent.

Microsoft drones can attend Linux conferences and sing Kumbaya all they want and we will still reject them and all they stand for. Microsoft declared war on us long before we knew there was a war. We've fought them on our Windows machines for eighteen months and won. This war will end with Microsoft's dead body. Nobody will miss them.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 08:53 PM   #4
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Well one thing is for sure. MS is slowly killing it's own self.

But I've been told Mac is also doing the same to it's own self.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-16, 04:58 AM   #5
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Power always corrupts, you get so big you think you can get away with it and a lot of the time you do. Microsoft has well and truly damaged itself but if you don't follow these on going news items you will view Microsoft as the Bee's knee's and will not stand for mud slinging.

Until these folks wake up Microsoft is going to get away with it. Personally I like to see those responsible for their crimes thrown in prison.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 11:21 PM   #6
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

I'm sure everyone has had issues with Microsoft at one point or another. The question I have is, can Linux work with the silent hunter series and other sims or do we have to accept the fact that we have to use windows ?
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote