SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-17, 06:24 AM   #1
jerseytom
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default First I've been really into a sub game since the mid 90's...

I apparently missed some good days of the later Silent Hunter series while I was in college and not all that much into gaming. But man, happy I came across this. Excited to see what comes of it with future updates.

Little bit rusty... first '68 campaign only lasted a few engagements. I like the challenge though. Really torn between Sturgeon and Skipjack as a preference.

Not sure if I should maybe try the '84 campaign to get re-acclimated before going into "hard mode" of '68. Or whether '84 should be my reward to self after getting through '68.

Mk37's... brutal. Is best practice just to maneuver as best you can dead astern close range and give your target absolute minimum time to react?
jerseytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 08:56 AM   #2
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytom View Post
I apparently missed some good days of the later Silent Hunter series while I was in college and not all that much into gaming. But man, happy I came across this. Excited to see what comes of it with future updates.

Little bit rusty... first '68 campaign only lasted a few engagements. I like the challenge though. Really torn between Sturgeon and Skipjack as a preference.

Not sure if I should maybe try the '84 campaign to get re-acclimated before going into "hard mode" of '68. Or whether '84 should be my reward to self after getting through '68.

Mk37's... brutal. Is best practice just to maneuver as best you can dead astern close range and give your target absolute minimum time to react?
That seems to be the ideal course of action. I myself have been enjoying getting in roundabout dogfights with Novembers but getting dead astern close aboard would be nice for using the proper number of torpedoes instead of launching 4 or 5 to take out one November

Going back to '84 did seem much easier. I got off one torp at a Victor III and 2 torps at an Oscar II and they all hit and that was that.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 01:26 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

jerseytom!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 06:19 PM   #4
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 315
Icon14

WELCOME TO SUBSIM!

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote