SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-21, 08:19 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default If anyone wants to tackle the TMO bug for conning towers.I am at a standstill

The conning tower and equipment upgrade bugs in TMO linger. There has to be a correction. If I understand FOTRS team corrected this? I never encountered in my testing of FOTRS.

I have tried various things and just does not hold aside from stopping the upgrades and being forced to hand edit files, which is somewhat complicated, time consuming and not user friendly. Want to correct this old bug in the mod but afraid all my efforts have failed. Perhaps new eyes on it could handle things.

The issues are:

Every class of boat, when received the conning tower upgrade, loses equipment installed....SD radar, SJ radar, AA guns and deck guns, typically going back to basic equipment. Then crew slots for guns disappear. When player loses SJ radar and requips, the radar does not work, the scopes are turned off. SD radar is iffy, sometimes will work, sometimes wont.

Its a bit ridiculous and makes it difficult to player an entire career. I received the upgrade for my Salmon in September 1942(thought had edited it out but another mod caused it to kick back in) and lost aft deck gun crew slots, as well as SD radar. I had not equipped SJ yet as wanted to wait one more patrol and have enjoy challenge of playing without surface radar a little longer.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote