SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-29-12, 11:44 PM   #1
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Audio CD oddity

I am trying to burn audio to a cd. Its original format is MP3 - and plays fine in windows media. Normally, I would just tell WMP to burn the "currently playing" file to cd. I have done this numerous times. The problem is - I have burned multiple coasters trying with this. The file was initially a 237Mb MP3 - I used Audacity to split it into multiple 1:15.06 MP3 files. I have also tried exporting them into 16bit PCM format (same length) which should work as well - still no joy.

I have done this with a few other files of similiar size and format without an issue - so I am confused as to why it isn't working now. Anyone seen this or have an idea what is going on?

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-12, 02:32 PM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I had problems with music CDs when burning them on the new high capacity CD which have I think 800 MB instead of 700. The burning worked, but the HiFi did not accept it.

Similiar thing I had early trhis year with DVDs, which were marked as "movie DVD", having a nice film roll print on as a labeol inmstead of the usual labelos you have. Specifications and capacity were the same, however, they were o double-layered gimmick, and I have never heared that there are special DVDs for movies. But the data DVD created with these made the DVD drive stutter when trying to read the written DVD. Going back to my proven Vebatim standard DVDs solved the issue.