SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-27-22, 11:46 AM   #1636
Rigel44
Sailor man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
Default Karamazov__KiUB_User_Guide

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the KiUB users guide? I tried searching downloads and forums but nothing but broken links so far. Thanks for any help you can provide
Rigel44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-22, 06:37 PM   #1637
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a copy of the KiUB users guide? I tried searching downloads and forums but nothing but broken links so far. Thanks for any help you can provide
it is included with \OMEGU_v300\Support\OM_Readme_files.
if you have Lurkers' original Operation Monsun zip file it's in there.
if not, reply back and i'll put a copy on the cloud for you.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-22, 07:15 AM   #1638
Rigel44
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
it is included with \OMEGU_v300\Support\OM_Readme_files.
if you have Lurkers' original Operation Monsun zip file it's in there.
if not, reply back and i'll put a copy on the cloud for you.
Thank you KaleunMarco!

I was able to download OMEGU_v300 and find it there but I never would have known to do that without you pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again!
Old 10-28-22, 09:50 AM   #1639
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thank you KaleunMarco!

I was able to download OMEGU_v300 and find it there but I never would have known to do that without you pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks again!
any time, Herr Kaleun.

LAA enabled
Old 10-31-22, 02:40 PM   #1640
Rigel44
Sailor man

Default Careers - can you edit them?

OK so I know you can go into the save files and edit the boat number and name within the class of boat you are assigned but does anyone have tips or experience changing assignments within the file to get to a new boat at the right time?

Let me give an example - I have started a career as Otto Kretschmer in U-23 a Type IIB in 1. Flottille at the very beginning of the war but then in early 1940 transfers to command U-99 a type VIIB in 7. Flottille. I know I can apply for transfer but how do I edit that transfer to get to the right place in the right class of boat.

Even more challenging is the career of Erich Topp who starts in U-57 (IIC) and then moves to U-552 (VIIC)for 10 patrols but then there is a span of over 2 years before he is in command of U-3010 (XXI). How do I get that to happen in the game?

As you can tell I am a history student so I really like to mirror as close as possible the historical careers of real commanders. My next question is can I modify the area assigned for a particular patrol to replicate the careers.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give - including - no way - you can't do that.
Old 10-31-22, 05:06 PM   #1641
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
OK so I know you can go into the save files and edit the boat number and name within the class of boat you are assigned but does anyone have tips or experience changing assignments within the file to get to a new boat at the right time?

Let me give an example - I have started a career as Otto Kretschmer in U-23 a Type IIB in 1. Flottille at the very beginning of the war but then in early 1940 transfers to command U-99 a type VIIB in 7. Flottille. I know I can apply for transfer but how do I edit that transfer to get to the right place in the right class of boat.

Even more challenging is the career of Erich Topp who starts in U-57 (IIC) and then moves to U-552 (VIIC)for 10 patrols but then there is a span of over 2 years before he is in command of U-3010 (XXI). How do I get that to happen in the game?

As you can tell I am a history student so I really like to mirror as close as possible the historical careers of real commanders. My next question is can I modify the area assigned for a particular patrol to replicate the careers.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give - including - no way - you can't do that.
alas, SH4 will not players to follow the career of any real Uboat Kapitan.
additionally, unlike SH-Pacific Campaign, there are very few boat upgrades that can happen when playing DW.
the best way to enjoy SH4-DW is to select an Uboat and a campaign theater and play it until it ends. then play another boat/campaign someplace else.

LAA enabled
Old 10-31-22, 05:14 PM   #1642
Rigel44
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
alas, SH4 will not players to follow the career of any real Uboat Kapitan.
additionally, unlike SH-Pacific Campaign, there are very few boat upgrades that can happen when playing DW.
the best way to enjoy SH4-DW is to select an Uboat and a campaign theater and play it until it ends. then play another boat/campaign someplace else.
Thank you, Herr Kaleun. You have saved me from wasting a lot of time.
Old 11-25-22, 11:48 AM   #1643
reigninblood399
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 28

I keep getting Crash To Desktops everytime i start a patrol and go to an external camera
reigninblood399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-22, 05:22 PM   #1644
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigninblood399 View Post
I keep getting Crash To Desktops everytime i start a patrol and go to an external camera
Well, Reign, that could be anything, literally.
rather than give you 50 questions, i'll list a couple of questions and give you a couple of links for you to read-up on.

1. which version of SH4 are you playing, 1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, Uboat missions? and, are you playing the Dark Waters mod-set or regular Stock SH4?
2. where is SH4 installed? if you installed it to the default folder (Programx86) you need to move it to a folder not in the Windows folder system. Many of us install it to C:\Ubisoft\ but the choice is yours, just so it is not under \Windows\etc.
3. what kind of vid card are you using and what graphics settings are you using within SH4?
4. are you using a 4 gig RAM memory utility such as Large Address Aware, assuming that you are playing the Dark Waters mod-set?
5. here are a couple of links for new players to read with some great tips on installing, set-up, etc.
Berbster's Hints.
Onkel Neal's Hints.

Good luck!

LAA enabled
Old 12-04-22, 04:54 AM   #1645
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Icon2

Question about the subpens in Brest (and I guess the rest of U-boot ports as well). They're killing the framerates of my SH4.

I don't usually start from port, but last night I thought I wanted to see the submarine pens, and while they look gorgeous , the frame rates dropped to almost single digits.

I guess there are many animated parts (soldiers, nurses, cranes, welders, guns moving up and down for no reason ) and that is the culprit. But I don't know if this is normal behaviour or there's something wrong in my DW install.

And in case it's a known issue, has it been fixed in any way? Thanks.
Old 12-04-22, 11:48 AM   #1646
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Question about the subpens in Brest (and I guess the rest of U-boot ports as well). They're killing the framerates of my SH4.

I don't usually start from port, but last night I thought I wanted to see the submarine pens, and while they look gorgeous , the frame rates dropped to almost single digits.

I guess there are many animated parts (soldiers, nurses, cranes, welders, guns moving up and down for no reason ) and that is the culprit. But I don't know if this is normal behaviour or there's something wrong in my DW install.

not sure about your frame rate issue.
normally, i do not start at the "tender" which, when playing the German side, is the sub pens.

never noticed everyone saluting and waving. nice touch.

i fired up a new career out of Lorient and had no difficulty shoving off from within the sub pen @ 2kts and TC=32.
if you are playing on a laptop, IMHO that is probably the issue, as laptops are not designed to keep up with old, graphic intensive apps such as SH4 with Dark Waters.

now that you have seen the nurses waving adios to you, start your mission remote from the tender and go sink some ships.

LAA enabled
Old 12-04-22, 01:44 PM   #1647
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:

Do you have the 4Gig Patch or LAA properly activated? DW is like most other mods and is helped immeasurably by that. Also, if there is an airplane bombing attack at the harbor when you are leaving, those can really drag a computer down. Otherwise, there shouldn't be a hit that big on the framerate...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 04:00 AM   #1648
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So apparently it's only me .

All my SH4 installs have the 4gb patch, and no, it's not a laptop. My graphic card is not state-of-the-art, but it's a decent one and has run SH4 for the last 2 years without a problem. It renders 70-ship convoys fine, or the polygon intensive WoWs ships without a hitch.

The drop in framerate happens exclusively when looking at the sub pens. Does anyone know where are they stored?
Old 12-05-22, 10:33 AM   #1649
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
So apparently it's only me .

All my SH4 installs have the 4gb patch, and no, it's not a laptop. My graphic card is not state-of-the-art, but it's a decent one and has run SH4 for the last 2 years without a problem. It renders 70-ship convoys fine, or the polygon intensive WoWs ships without a hitch.

The drop in framerate happens exclusively when looking at the sub pens. Does anyone know where are they stored?
no offense, my friend, but the easiest solution is to start the mission outside the dock.

LAA enabled
Old 12-05-22, 01:16 PM   #1650
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

This is interesting. I have currently locked the FPS at 60, reason being, that it a) keeps the sunset and sundown times from moving rapidly forward/backward and b) that it is supposed to prevent A/C just "flying by" the boat when using TC.

I have experienced CTDs when approaching large convoys. Could this be, because I have locked the FPS at 60?