SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-13, 12:44 PM   #1
haz
A-ganger

Downloads: 1401
Uploads: 0
Default Problems nd frustration

Hi everyone have w7 x64.and steam version of sh3.can I just load mods into game in steam without problems,as i have tried to create a game folder and it keeps coming up with error when I try to activate sh3 from there and other areas say no registry value something to that effect,unless Im missing some trick,If i set it to no updates in steam would installing mods work without steam throwing a fit?any help appreciated
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 12:47 PM   #2
lafeeverted
Chief

Downloads: 13

I don't have an answer for you. However, I believe there are niumber of threads on here or in the General Sh3 forumabout running Sh3 with Steam. If you don't see them , do a search. Perhaps it will turn up something that will help you.
lafeeverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 01:58 PM   #3
Singed
Sailbad the Sinner

Downloads: 126

I haven't been able to get multiple copies of SH3 working with Steam for the same reason, I think Steam tweaks the .exe file, so I'm ordering an actual CD copy.

However, for now I'm running SH3 Commander, GWX and other mod soup with no issues at all other than some occasional minor bugs with Commander that I'm sure are Steam related. Every mod I've tried goes on fine through JSGME.

Get JSGME, put it in the right SH3 directory (steamapps/common/SH3 usually), put the mods in the MODS folder in that directory. Some mods with an installer, GWX for instance, need to be pointed at the correct directory to work or you'll get some oddball error message.

Works like a champ, Steam is not the fun eating depth charge of a sub killer some folks make it out to be. I'm getting the hard copy because I want to do multiple installs to try out different mod sets and it is cheap.
Singed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-13, 09:37 PM   #4
haz
A-ganger

thank you that helped alot installing in steam folder now.
Old 01-25-13, 05:09 AM   #5
haz
A-ganger

found easyier solution paid 4.99 amazon download and have no problems installing and running sh3 with gwx and commander.seems not to mess with like steam.