SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-13, 06:24 PM   #196
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain73 View Post
Did as you said. Everything is working fine! Smoothing 100%. Shadows of 100%.
Thanks Gap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean74 View Post
Hi Gap,

I dont think that my spreadsheet is better than yours. My major idea was to have a tool to compare and éventualy modifie some colors code. Moreover it is hard for me to manage hex color so this tool show the RGB code.
I put here a link to download my spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxZJ...it?usp=sharing

Let me know what do you think about it,

I will have a look too on your file, because is always interesting to understand the logical process computerized by other and to improve his own skills.

Best regards,

Jean

PS : Sorry for my poor skills in English langage,
Très bien fait, Jean

though having lesser functions than the one of mine, your spreadsheet is simply brilliant, and it got the advantage of being cleaner and much more user friendly.

I definitely suggest you DynEnv lovers to have a look into Jean's work. It can be used as an informative or even as a developping tool for creating new color combinations. I am very open to feature your improvements into the next Dynamic Environment version.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 08:35 PM   #197
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

gap .. just an FYI

I was in medium fog at 6 pm game time with either the sun just dropping below the horizon or the moon rising above it. I couldn't tell which one, because it wasn't visible through the fog, although the rays were there. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that I still have that gradient effect.

I'm going to have to just ignore it, because I'm too tired to track the problem down anymore, but I wanted to let you know that I didn't resolve the problem like I thought I did a couple of days ago.
Old 03-22-13, 08:22 AM   #198
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
gap .. just an FYI

I was in medium fog at 6 pm game time with either the sun just dropping below the horizon or the moon rising above it. I couldn't tell which one, because it wasn't visible through the fog, although the rays were there. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that I still have that gradient effect.

I'm going to have to just ignore it, because I'm too tired to track the problem down anymore, but I wanted to let you know that I didn't resolve the problem like I thought I did a couple of days ago.
At this point I am not sure to have understood your problem, 7Infanterie19

Can you please take a screenshot and post it here unedited, the next time you experience the same issue?
Old 03-22-13, 01:58 PM   #199
jean74
Medic

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Très bien fait, Jean

though having lesser functions than the one of mine, your spreadsheet is simply brilliant, and it got the advantage of being cleaner and much more user friendly.

I definitely suggest you DynEnv lovers to have a look into Jean's work. It can be used as an informative or even as a developping tool for creating new color combinations. I am very open to feature your improvements into the next Dynamic Environment version.

Merci Gap

I tried to download your file but RapidShare tell me :"Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)" and RapidShare try to run an activeX plugin that my AV protectionblock.

Could you send it to me if i give you my email adress ?

Another time many thanks for your congratulations,

Regards,

Jean
jean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 02:56 PM   #200
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Merci Gap

I tried to download your file but RapidShare tell me :"Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)" and RapidShare try to run an activeX plugin that my AV protectionblock.
Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?sgdwxzs07bzaw4s

This is the "metric system version"; alpha (decimal) values will be messed for users running the spreadsheet on English localized systems, unless they replace the full stop with the comma in windows international settings of their computers. If there is interest, I can prepare a "imperial system version".

Understanding all of its functionalities requires reading the following instructions:

For a start, on opening the editor, enable its macros. The spreadheet got 6 sheets (one for each envcolors area, not including murky waters areas) + 1 for the gradient calculator.
  • Each sheet compares the settings of stock game and their omologue of real environment and dynamic environment (raw data in hidden columns "G", "M" and "S").
  • Column "T" gives information on where DynEnv settings were taken from . Its outputs can be either "stock", "realEnv" or "custom".
  • Columns from "U" to "AG" are used for editng color settings. Columns "U", "V" and "W" let you input a completely new color. Column "X" is used for selecting the color you want to pick between stock, realenv, dynenv and the color defined with the previous 3 columns. Columns from "AB " to "AG" are used for further adjusting hue saturation and brightness of the picked colour, either as a percent of the base-values or by adding/subtracting a fixed offset to them.
  • Column "AP" displays the new settings, ready for use in game (you can just copy/paste them).
  • Columns "F", "L", "R" and "AO" are used for comparing settings with their counterparts in the previous/next section (different sun angles):

- up-facing arrow: the setting is the same as its homologue of the previous section;
    - down-facing arrow: the setting is the same as its homologue of the next section;
    - double arrow: the setting is the same as its homologues of the previous/next sections;
    - not equal sign: setting different from its homologues of the previous/next sections.

• Columns "E", "K", "Q", and "AN" are used for color previews. If you change an entry, it is not updated automatically. You should use one of the macros. Go to Add-Ins Excel menu, and click on the Macro button for seeing the available macros. There are 7 macros but atm I suggest you to use only the one called RefreshCurrentColor: double click on it after selecting the cell displaying the color you have just edited.

Beware that other macros are affecting many cells, and can take a long while before they finish doing their job. If you run one of them by mistake, and your excel seems freezed, press the esc button on your keybord, and then select "end macro" in the following menu. Also notice that running a macro resets Excel's history, so be wise when you use them.

Last: a filter is applied to the first 6 sheets. Click on the upper left cell to select only the desired parameters.

As for the gradient calculator, it is quite self explanatory: just input 2 colors, their position within the gradient, the number of colors composing the gradient (up to 10 in the current version) and the method you want to use for calculating it (either RGB or HSB). When you have finished, click on the Refresh Colors buttom in order to preview the gradient.
For each generated color you can see its hex code and its RGB values that yo can copy/paste as values into the color input section of the first 6 sheets.

That's all, I think

Quote:
Another time many thanks for your congratulations,
My congratulations were sincere, and you fully deserved them.

After many years spent hanging around various game modding communities, I am still surprised of the many people who, like you and me, are using their free time and their talent on bizarre stuff like our spreadsheets, and enjoy sharing it with no other reward than a "thank you". We must be crazy!
Old 03-23-13, 02:48 AM   #201
jean74
Medic

Downloads: 150

Quote:
Here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?sgdwxzs07bzaw4s

This is the "metric system version"; alpha (decimal) values will be messed for users running the spreadsheet on English localized systems, unless they replace the full stop with the comma in windows international settings of their computers. If there is interest, I can prepare a "imperial system version".

Hi Gap,

I just take it. Regarding your explanation, your spreadsheet (tool) seems to be more exhaustive than mine . I am very impressive by your work !

I will have a look as soon as possible and, of course, I will leave you my comments after examining.

Quote:
After many years spent hanging around various game modding communities, I am still surprised of the many people who, like you and me, are using their free time and their talent on bizarre stuff like our spreadsheets, and enjoy sharing it with no other reward than a "thank you". We must be crazy!
I totally agree with you !
Before the web I thought that nobody was interesting by U-boat and submarine war. I was alone with my passion.
And now, when I see subsim, modders and all the community who never hesitate to share their work I am always surprising too .

Even if I don't often contribute due to my poor skills in modding and English langage, I follow every day what happen in the community and what silent hunter improvement was done.

Many thanks to you Gap for your work and many thanks to all modders too.

Keep up the good work !

Best regards,

Jean
jean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-13, 07:07 AM   #202
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
I will have a look as soon as possible and, of course, I will leave you my comments after examining.
Let me know

Quote:
I totally agree with you !
Before the web I thought that nobody was interesting by U-boat and submarine war. I was alone with my passion.
And now, when I see subsim, modders and all the community who never hesitate to share their work I am always surprising too .
I suppose you know this French forum. I got some friends there

Quote:
Even if I don't often contribute due to my poor skills in modding and English langage, I follow every day what happen in the community and what silent hunter improvement was done.
Your English is absolutely acceptable... at least for my standards

Quote:
Many thanks to you Gap for your work and many thanks to all modders too.

Keep up the good work !
Thank you
Old 03-25-13, 08:57 PM   #203
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Extremely Happy/w' some notes...

Hi Gap!
Well, I think I finally got things tweaked in pretty good here. I don't know...this
looks very real to me. The last time I posted was awhile back and my attention was taken to other game subjects, so a couple of days ago I got back to the graphics. I rearranged things a bit, but the mod really looks so much better now;

Med Fog / Very good

The only thing that is on my mind now is a hope for rain (Actually Thunder Storms). I re-arranged most all of my mod list, the Dyn Env mods are first (not counting mods that I've hard copied into the data file) so I hope that helps.
The other thing that I noticed that got a little bit more noticable is the "Jelly" effect of the water directly in front of the boat, (not all the time but a good deal). The 'Jelly' effect stops as I pan slightly to port or starboard. The effect is not present at all on the side or N/East or N/West views, as I mentioned, it goes away as I pan right or left.
It's not a immersion wrecker or anything of the sort, but I am wondering why it only is directly in front of the boat. This makes me think it will be difficult to adjust because the side views, the water is perfect. Couldn't look more real.
Also, the 'jelly' effect is not there at all on the free camera. So...I thought I would throw that in, however, the overall effect of the mod is stunning
I am looking forward to seeing more climates and map areas.
This is my goto Env Mod, I can't say enough.
Thanks for all the work.
D40

Last edited by Dogfish40; 03-26-13 at 08:47 AM.
Dogfish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 10:46 AM   #204
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

I've recently put in a few hours into SH5 with the new version of this mod, and from what I can tell, the "eternal fog" is gone!

Congratulations on the great work.
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 11:36 AM   #205
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
I've recently put in a few hours into SH5 with the new version of this mod, and from what I can tell, the "eternal fog" is gone!

Congratulations on the great work.
Couple of questions for you Sartoris,
Did you load the Env mod at the top of your patrol or during?
Do you have Sobers Fog installed and or which folders do you have installed?
Thanks.
And about this mod;
Old 03-27-13, 11:40 AM   #206
Sartoris
Captain

I reinstalled the game, then added all the mods. I don't use sober's fog. Here's the mod list:

No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
DBM Background Video
DynEnv v2.9 - 1. Main Mod
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Eqp_Upgrades_fix_v1.4 dates by sober Patch V2
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1
FX_Update_0_0_21
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0
Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
IRAI_0_0_39_ByTDW
IRAI Patch Starshells
TDW_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_1_1_0
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
OHII v2 Mission Fix WA
Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
sobers no footstep sound mod
Shadow Improvement Mod
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
Old 03-27-13, 12:11 PM   #207
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
I reinstalled the game, then added all the mods. I don't use sober's fog. Here's the mod list:

Shadow Improvement Mod
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
I see...You're using the Dyn Env main folder by itself. OK.
I am looking through the env folders for the weather change settings but everything looks great.
Thanks for the response, I think I can try a few more things.
Havin fun with this mod, it really looks good!
Gute Jagd
Old 03-27-13, 02:47 PM   #208
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
I reinstalled the game, then added all the mods.
Maybe you should try this order;

No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NDB,NDH OM#1 - No Dialog Indicator
RemoveLogoIntroTheDarkWraith
DBM Background Video

FX_Update_0_0_21
NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0

IRAI_0_0_39_ByTDW
IRAI Patch Starshells

Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6
Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.9
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch

Manos Scopes-patch for 16x9
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_byTheBeast
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1
#Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1_4_Patch_1_HotFix
Eqp_Upgrades_fix_v1.4 dates by sober Patch V2
SH5 Longer Repairs v.1
TDW_No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_1_1_0
Cerberus62 Corrected Depth Charge Projector 1.0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2
OHII v2 Mission Fix WA

Reworked Morale and Abilities v.1.1
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk
sobers no footstep sound mod
Shadow Improvement Mod < even consider disabling this one. It's heavy on your CPU and RAM
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0

Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-13, 03:00 PM   #209
Sartoris
Captain

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was following sober's mod order.
Old 04-02-13, 10:38 AM   #210
thebeasle
Watch

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 1

Thank you for making a great mod even better. 2.9 looks amazing.

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather