SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-15-22, 02:57 PM   #1
Brightstar6
Watch

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Default files

How would i access tmo 2.5 files to change a few things?? I have tried winzip and i get error corrupted file and no access..
Brightstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-22, 03:57 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Able Archer!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-22, 06:29 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15 Re: Welcome aboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Able Archer View Post
How would i access tmo 2.5 files to change a few things?? I have tried winzip and i get error corrupted file and no access..
Able Archer.!

Ok, access it, how... you mean the mod files itself to edit files in it... or are you instead, meaning... just how the heck do you get the mod unzipped, so that you can set the whole shooting match of the mod set up, so as to be able to play it...???

If it is indeed, the latter choice... then try using 7zip

The other possibility, is... you could have gotten a bum steer download... rare, but... that can & does occur, from time to time.

Only recourse then, to do... is to redownload the mod set & then retry unzipping it.

Now... if your intent is to edit them... is a wholle lot of things one needs to know & understand there... as anything left out, mis imput in... space added into the coding... too many things to name them all here... & yeah... crash & burnville here you come.

Beyond that small input there... not going to go further, suffice it to say, gotta be careful what tampering about in the files you do or else it all goes pear shaped.. big end up pear shaped...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-01-2016/B0RxAC.gif

M. M.
Old 04-15-22, 06:43 PM   #4
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Able Archer.!

Ok, access it, how... you mean the mod files itself to edit files in it... or are you instead, meaning... just how the heck do you get the mod unzipped, so that you can set the whole shooting match of the mod set up, so as to be able to play it...???

If it is indeed, the latter choice... then try using 7zip

The other possibility, is... you could have gotten a bum steer download... rare, but... that can & does occur, from time to time.

Only recourse then, to do... is to redownload the mod set & then retry unzipping it.

Now... if your intent is to edit them... is a wholle lot of things one needs to know & understand there... as anything left out, mis imput in... space added into the coding... too many things to name them all here... & yeah... crash & burnville here you come.

Beyond that small input there... not going to go further, suffice it to say, gotta be careful what tampering about in the files you do or else it all goes pear shaped.. big end up pear shaped...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-01-2016/B0RxAC.gif

M. M.
I need to edit some files, ammo, upgrades, crew abilities etc..
Old 04-15-22, 07:20 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
I need to edit some files, ammo, upgrades, crew abilities etc..
i am assuming that you will be using JSGME to apply not only TMO but your changes as well. if that assumption is incorrect then now is the time to say so.

ok.

unzip TMO into the MODS folder.
then create your own mod folder with a different name under MODS.
you will want to copy the files that you wish to modify into your mod folder.
then edit each of the files on your list in the MODS folder. .CFG, .MIS .UPC should be edited with a straight text editor like Notepad. .SIM, .ZON, .DAT require skwas' S3ditor.
when you are finished making changes then apply your mod after all of the TMO mods.
i've created an example for you.

ignore the mods on the left.
Notice the last mod in the right panel (TMO RSRD Tweeks)? that would be where your personal mod should be.

so, now, when you encounter a problem or you wish to make additional changes, run JSGME and remove your mod, make your changes, then run JSGME to apply your modded changes.

good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-22, 07:21 PM   #6
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

You'll need S3D to work on dat, sim, val, zon files.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/34fiy..._v099.rar/file

A text editor to edit some like cfg, eqp, sns, etc.

There's a ton of tools for working things just have to be specific and someone will guide you.
Old 04-15-22, 08:29 PM   #7
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i am assuming that you will be using JSGME to apply not only TMO but your changes as well. if that assumption is incorrect then now is the time to say so.

ok.

unzip TMO into the MODS folder.
then create your own mod folder with a different name under MODS.
you will want to copy the files that you wish to modify into your mod folder.
then edit each of the files on your list in the MODS folder. .CFG, .MIS .UPC should be edited with a straight text editor like Notepad. .SIM, .ZON, .DAT require skwas' S3ditor.
when you are finished making changes then apply your mod after all of the TMO mods.
i've created an example for you.

ignore the mods on the left.
Notice the last mod in the right panel (TMO RSRD Tweeks)? that would be where your personal mod should be.

so, now, when you encounter a problem or you wish to make additional changes, run JSGME and remove your mod, make your changes, then run JSGME to apply your modded changes.

good luck.
I do not have the computer skill for that..Just one of the things i want to change is the real tonnage of the Yamamoto from 63,000+ tons to it's wikpedia tonnage of 65,027 tons..I have done this before but my computer crashed and a reinstall was needed, now i cannot access the files to edit them...
Old 04-15-22, 10:14 PM   #8
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
I do not have the computer skill for that..Just one of the things i want to change is the real tonnage of the Yamamoto from 63,000+ tons to it's wikpedia tonnage of 65,027 tons..I have done this before but my computer crashed and a reinstall was needed, now i cannot access the files to edit them...

Changing tonnage is simple...got to the drive you have SH 4 installed on..for example...C:/UBI/SH/MODS/Trigger Maru/Data/Sea/BBYamato

You will see a .CFG file entitled BBYamato, usually at top, open with text editor, like notepad. You will see the tonnage. Change to desired tonnage, click save was, overwrite. Now, will have desired tonnage.

Make sure you back up the file first, just copy and paste to empty folder on desk top.

I would consult other sources if I were you besides wikipedia. While I love wiki and is a great reference/summary for things, should remember it can be edited by anyone and there are often (not on purpose) in many cases, errors, omissions etc.

Tonnage of Yamato is often listed in various sources as different, number i've encountered mostly is 69,988-tons.

Far as TMO goes...

I see you are using the original TMO and RSRD. Amazing mods, my favorites of all time. However, their original creators have not been active in the subsim community for some time and thus they are both outdated. For a maximum experience with TMO, I suggest installing my TMO Update.

I gave TMO a major update, including many new ships added to roster, ability to conduct realistic night surface attacks , a new campaign, which is inspired by RSRD for historical accuracy and much much more. V1.0 was released in September...next couple weeks I will be releasing V2.0 (and likely the final)

Here is a link (below) Make sure to check out the README for install details and changes.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5965
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 01:34 AM   #9
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Changing tonnage is simple...got to the drive you have SH 4 installed on..for example...C:/UBI/SH/MODS/Trigger Maru/Data/Sea/BBYamato

You will see a .CFG file entitled BBYamato, usually at top, open with text editor, like notepad. You will see the tonnage. Change to desired tonnage, click save was, overwrite. Now, will have desired tonnage.

Make sure you back up the file first, just copy and paste to empty folder on desk top.

I would consult other sources if I were you besides wikipedia. While I love wiki and is a great reference/summary for things, should remember it can be edited by anyone and there are often (not on purpose) in many cases, errors, omissions etc.

Tonnage of Yamato is often listed in various sources as different, number i've encountered mostly is 69,988-tons.

Far as TMO goes...

I see you are using the original TMO and RSRD. Amazing mods, my favorites of all time. However, their original creators have not been active in the subsim community for some time and thus they are both outdated. For a maximum experience with TMO, I suggest installing my TMO Update.

I gave TMO a major update, including many new ships added to roster, ability to conduct realistic night surface attacks , a new campaign, which is inspired by RSRD for historical accuracy and much much more. V1.0 was released in September...next couple weeks I will be releasing V2.0 (and likely the final)

Here is a link (below) Make sure to check out the README for install details and changes.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5965
That was the key "Notepad"...But now the startup says i cannot play because some administrator is blocking me...Will the problems never end??
Old 04-16-22, 04:10 AM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
That was the key "Notepad"...But now the startup says i cannot play because some administrator is blocking me...Will the problems never end??
Something to do with UAC (User Account Controls), some sill windows nonsense, ah microsoft. I forget the exact steps as have never had the issue personally, but recall others have. Post in the forum, those with knowledge will assist.
Old 04-17-22, 10:23 PM   #11
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
Something to do with UAC (User Account Controls), some sill windows nonsense, ah microsoft. I forget the exact steps as have never had the issue personally, but recall others have. Post in the forum, those with knowledge will assist.
Well i guess i have done my last mission in SH4, it simply will not play no matter how many time i have tried..Does anyone know of a good American WW2 subsim i might try??
Old 04-18-22, 12:56 AM   #12
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well i guess i have done my last mission in SH4, it simply will not play no matter how many time i have tried..Does anyone know of a good American WW2 subsim i might try??

You said sim ran before you made those changes correct? Okay, so something went wrong. Don't give up.

Follow these steps for Windows .

Open Control Panel. One way to get there is to search for it using the search bar by the Start menu.
Choose User Accounts. ...
Select Change User Account Control settings.
Drag the button to the very bottom, to Never notify, and then select OK.
Confirm the change with Yes.

If problem persists, you will need to do a uninstall and reinstall. Lets see if this works, if not, make a post in SH 4 Mods forum with the prefix [TEC] in headline and post your issue. This will catch attention of our tech wizards here.

Well, SH 4 is the only WW II subsim for USN out there, with proper mods its a amazing sim. SH 3 is older and can be just as cranky , SH 5 is dumpster fire, but the community has made some amazing mods for it. Those are U boat oriented sims though, not US. Also, likely to run into same problems with any of them as going on description of your issue, sounds like some PC settings.
Old 04-18-22, 09:48 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
If you have set your "Options", "Graphic Settings" in the game set to match your display and Windows settings, then check that Win10 thread someone linked you to elsewhere, expecially the last few pages, and specifically to the picture:

for the settings you have to noodle with for the SH4.exe Properites settings. You might have to do quite a bit of experimenting with that to find the "mix" of settings that function correctly with your computer. Let us know if you need further help!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 04:15 PM   #14
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If you have set your "Options", "Graphic Settings" in the game set to match your display and Windows settings, then check that Win10 thread someone linked you to elsewhere, expecially the last few pages, and specifically to the picture:

for the settings you have to noodle with for the SH4.exe Properites settings. You might have to do quite a bit of experimenting with that to find the "mix" of settings that function correctly with your computer. Let us know if you need further help!
I
have done those, it is all set to win7 administrator, and full screen and blocked...Again.. This is like a diesase, there is a cure somewhere..
And in my search i found this, maybe the thing blocking me---"DESKTOP-68K8GUU"

Last edited by Brightstar6; 04-18-22 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-18-22, 04:17 PM   #15
Brightstar6
Watch

Quote:
You said sim ran before you made those changes correct? Okay, so something went wrong. Don't give up.

Follow these steps for Windows .

Open Control Panel. One way to get there is to search for it using the search bar by the Start menu.
Choose User Accounts. ...
Select Change User Account Control settings.
Drag the button to the very bottom, to Never notify, and then select OK.
Confirm the change with

If problem persists, you will need to do a uninstall and reinstall. Lets see if this works, if not, make a post in SH 4 Mods forum with the prefix [TEC] in headline and post your issue. This will catch attention of our tech wizards here.

Well, SH 4 is the only WW II subsim for USN out there, with proper mods its a amazing sim. SH 3 is older and can be just as cranky , SH 5 is dumpster fire, but the community has made some amazing mods for it. Those are U boat oriented sims though, not US. Also, likely to run into same problems with any of them as going on description of your issue, sounds like some PC settings.
Did all of this and..Wait for it!!! BLOCKED!!