SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-22, 01:20 PM   #1
w1ndStrik3
Max Otto von Stierlitz

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Silent hunter 5 crashes at when aproaching Kiel.

Ahoy skippers.
I have a problem which has bugged me for three days now. I started a new Coastal Waters (TWoS) campaign. I go to Poland, sink the task force, and patiently wait for the 4th of september to arrive, so I can redock and get the Scapa Flow mission. Whenever I approach Kiel, the game just CTD. I have found out that it happens approx. 16-17 km away from the radio beacon at Kiel. I am running TWoS, and have NOT installed any non-TWoS mods. Yeasterday, the game did not CTD when approaching Kiel, but only when i docked, i got a CTD. The enter base autosave, AND the two PREVIOUS MANUAL saves got corrupt after that. I made a compeletely new capaign twice, but same problem. If I exit the sub with external view, and approach Kiel, it happens again. I have already read this thread(https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236904), but no solutions there helped. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
w1ndStrik3
w1ndStrik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 03:48 AM   #2
w1ndStrik3
Max Otto von Stierlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ndStrik3 View Post
Ahoy skippers.
I have a problem which has bugged me for three days now. I started a new Coastal Waters (TWoS) campaign. I go to Poland, sink the task force, and patiently wait for the 4th of september to arrive, so I can redock and get the Scapa Flow mission. Whenever I approach Kiel, the game just CTD. I have found out that it happens approx. 16-17 km away from the radio beacon at Kiel. I am running TWoS, and have NOT installed any non-TWoS mods. Yeasterday, the game did not CTD when approaching Kiel, but only when i docked, i got a CTD. The enter base autosave, AND the two PREVIOUS MANUAL saves got corrupt after that. I made a compeletely new capaign twice, but same problem. If I exit the sub with external view, and approach Kiel, it happens again. I have already read this thread(https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236904), but no solutions there helped. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
w1ndStrik3
Ok so I found out the problem. I am a fan of cheats, so I cheated in the game to get the fully upgraded VIIC/41 from the beginning of the game. That apparently was the problem. I changed back to the type VIIA and now there are no problems.
Old 04-22-22, 05:48 PM   #3
GeneralDeath99
Seaman

Downloads: 142

Was that also what caused your save games to become corrupted? Because All my saves and autosaves from on of my campaigns now crash on load. I was in Kiel in all saves so I'm wondering if there's a similar issue but not related to the Type VII/41 boat since I I'm not using it. Had to restart a whole campaign because of the crashing on save load ups.
GeneralDeath99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-22, 12:03 PM   #4
w1ndStrik3
Max Otto von Stierlitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDeath99 View Post
Was that also what caused your save games to become corrupted? Because All my saves and autosaves from on of my campaigns now crash on load. I was in Kiel in all saves so I'm wondering if there's a similar issue but not related to the Type VII/41 boat since I I'm not using it. Had to restart a whole campaign because of the crashing on save load ups.
I think so yes. been some time since I have played the game but i dont think i had any problems with the saves afterwards.
Old 04-23-22, 12:36 PM   #5
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ndStrik3 View Post
Ok so I found out the problem. I am a fan of cheats, so I cheated in the game to get the fully upgraded VIIC/41 from the beginning of the game. That apparently was the problem. I changed back to the type VIIA and now there are no problems.
several things can cause corrupt saves like saving close to a enemy a harbor under water saving over the same save

Tags
bugs, silent hunter 5, silent hunter 5 problem, the wolves of steel