SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-21, 08:14 AM   #706
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Kal_Maximus_U669,obviously I have a really "heavy hand".
Too long loading times are bad.
Extended ports are bad.
The complete interior is bad.
Pennants are bad.
AI_Crew is bad.

Anvart is right! I shouldn't be so greedy.

Or U-boats or whatever! Have you tried them with others SuperMods?

The devil is in the details
Hi, my friend.

Yes, the desire to use all the best and attractive is unrealistic for SH3. Perfectionism is very bad for SH3.
You always need to find a compromise! Example: GWX - Original. By the way, I warned you.
You wrote Pennants are bad. AI_Crew is bad.... But why you don't write Flags on Ships (flag.dat, flagS.dat) are bad. 90 flags in the first file and 90 in the second file.?? Some flags are not needed in the game due to the insignificant historical role of countries in the war. In addition, it is need to determine the necessary minimum of triangles for ship's flags. For Human's submarine flags, a more detailed grid can be applied. Than the mod AI_Crew did not satisfy you?... the mod uses the models, textures and animations of the original game. In my test scene there were at least six AI submarines and one Human sub standing close to each other... and three aircrafts attacking submarines. The whole scene go smoothly without any delays. Extended ports are bad. The complete interior is bad. Yes, this is bad for computers... but only when the program renders these scenes... are this all necessary in the game? I'm not sure. Especially since extended interior is filled with junk.
But all of the above is blah-blah. Most importantly, SH3 (32 bit) can only use less than 4 GB of RAM. At the same time, it immediately loads almost the entire database used in the game. The total amount of memory also affects () on the usage of the memory (4 GB). I have 16 GB, Win10 64 bit. And I believe that by modern standards, I have a weak (but not very weak) computer.
Given all of the above, it is necessary very rigidly to limit employment of the different effects, for example, particle generators in exteriors / interiors - mods: 3d clouds, various smokes, flames and the like... do not get carried away by the number of units: ships, submarines, aircraft, various buildings and structures, do not get carried away by the number of animated people and so on. There's a lot more to say. And so on and so forth.
The main thing is to maintain the necessary balance between desires and opportunities.

Good luck

P.S.
And you are right: "The devil is in the details"

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 11-17-21 at 08:36 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:41 AM   #707
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

In my test mission there were 12 AI U-Boats of all types with different Loadaut besides 4 ships and one enemy aircraft. And they all interacted perfectly with each other.
Old 11-17-21, 03:23 PM   #708
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Hi, my friend.

Yes, the desire to use all the best and attractive is unrealistic for SH3. Perfectionism is very bad for SH3.
You always need to find a compromise! Example: GWX - Original. By the way, I warned you.
You wrote Pennants are bad. AI_Crew is bad.... But why you don't write Flags on Ships (flag.dat, flagS.dat) are bad. 90 flags in the first file and 90 in the second file.?? Some flags are not needed in the game due to the insignificant historical role of countries in the war. In addition, it is need to determine the necessary minimum of triangles for ship's flags. For Human's submarine flags, a more detailed grid can be applied. Than the mod AI_Crew did not satisfy you?... the mod uses the models, textures and animations of the original game. In my test scene there were at least six AI submarines and one Human sub standing close to each other... and three aircrafts attacking submarines. The whole scene go smoothly without any delays. Extended ports are bad. The complete interior is bad. Yes, this is bad for computers... but only when the program renders these scenes... are this all necessary in the game? I'm not sure. Especially since extended interior is filled with junk.
But all of the above is blah-blah. Most importantly, SH3 (32 bit) can only use less than 4 GB of RAM. At the same time, it immediately loads almost the entire database used in the game. The total amount of memory also affects () on the usage of the memory (4 GB). I have 16 GB, Win10 64 bit. And I believe that by modern standards, I have a weak (but not very weak) computer.
Given all of the above, it is necessary very rigidly to limit employment of the different effects, for example, particle generators in exteriors / interiors - mods: 3d clouds, various smokes, flames and the like... do not get carried away by the number of units: ships, submarines, aircraft, various buildings and structures, do not get carried away by the number of animated people and so on. There's a lot more to say. And so on and so forth.
The main thing is to maintain the necessary balance between desires and opportunities.

Good luck

P.S.
And you are right: "The devil is in the details"
Good evening Anvart
_Yes, the desire to use all that is best and attractive
== of course that is in our nature.

_Perfectionism is very bad for SH3.
You always have to find a compromise!
== yes I completely agree the goal being to find the perfect balance ..

_You wrote that flags are bad. AI_Crew is bad.
== Not at all I never said that ... on the contrary ..
I had spoken of the sailors who did not have their rain gear when it was necessary.

_flags on ships (flag.dat, flagS.dat) are bad. 90 flags in the first file and 90 in the second file. ?? Some flags are not needed in the game due to the countries insignificant historical role in the war.
== I agree let's proceed by elimination .. for my part it would be necessary to eradicate all that is not used in this game ..
when I say all .. it s all ... what is useless .. it will avoid conflicts is other that implies the English voice etc ..
a unique concentration on the beligerants of the conflicts throughout the war .. and not unnecessary things ... and that only on the battle of the Atlantic and the Mediterranean is the north then place at the other conflic .. once the stabilize find it ..
eliminate all the ships that are bugged or not finished and make them available to people who want to finish them..there are fantastic people on this forum who master kapuhy .. Alex..Mister_M..to name a few .. but several here master the subject.
then I will see aviation review all that is useless not finished or the like here ..
_The extended ports are bad. The entire interior is bad. Yes it is bad for computers ... but only when the program renders these scenes ... is all of these necessary in the game? I am not sure.
== keeping what is best the interiors in my eyes are important but it would take more functionality as well as an adequate chain of command but it is source code ..
_on memory usage (4 GB)
== it would be necessary to be able to graft a buffer memory which keeps in resource the base of what it needs .. in order to relieve the "Ram" is to obtain better performances I am sure that it is possible nothing is impossible in data processing the ignorance we stop
_Bearing in mind all of the above, it is necessary to very strictly limit the use of the different effects, for example outdoor / indoor particle generators - mods: 3d clouds, various fumes, flames etc ... do not get carried away by the number of units: ships, submarines, airplanes, various buildings and structures, do not get carried away by the number of animated people and so on. There is much more to be said. And so on.
== I have nothing to add you have to summarize ..
good now I congratulate Andrey who has worked all alone who has accomplished all this path and does not criticize at all are work on the contrary I will be unable to have this patience(I learned a lot from him .. for me it is a real "Poto" as we say at home ..) ..I only test create my compilation of mods and see I had start to watch closely .. 4 years ago I understood quite quickly that it took a good threshold of knowledge of the game to break through .. and I have no time for that .. I have seen several here wanting all to swallow but we quickly got indigestion ..
people like you are pillars otherwise there is nothing..voila Anvart I wish you success is respect is greeting KM.Maximus_U669
Ah yes for this Devil I think who is not satisfied that details are everywhere .. ..

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 11-17-21 at 03:41 PM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 03:51 PM   #709
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
In my test mission there were 12 AI U-Boats of all types with different Loadaut besides 4 ships and one enemy aircraft. And they all interacted perfectly with each other.
good evening Andrey I'm sorry last night caught in another subject .. haven't tried the boats yet ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 04:01 PM   #710
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Now working on...
Old 11-18-21, 07:06 AM   #711
dex
Engineer

Downloads: 198
Default about Russian navy

Greet you Anvar...one small question about action of Russian navy in Finland bay and later...I know that we have GWXBlack sea campaign...Does we have Ai Russian subs operational...I was confront with the Russian task force in Black sea 1942
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 07:13 AM   #712
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex View Post
Greet you Anvar...one small question about action of Russian navy in Finland bay and later...I know that we have GWXBlack sea campaign...Does we have Ai Russian subs operational...I was confront with the Russian task force in Black sea 1942
I know that Anvar has a custom made Baltic Campaign for 1941 and the start of the war with Russia in the Baltic, its a nice addition to play through JSGME...if you can get his mod to work that is hehehehe. Some things he made are brilliant but just not feasible memory wise all together but I would make that campaign available to all as a separate download here Andrey for other peoples mega mods to load through JSGME. It gives a nice different perspective from the U-boat commanders that were involved in the war for the Baltic and the constant danger of mines.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 08:17 AM   #713
dex
Engineer

Default about Russian navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
I know that Anvar has a custom made Baltic Campaign for 1941 and the start of the war with Russia in the Baltic, its a nice addition to play through JSGME...if you can get his mod to work that is hehehehe. Some things he made are brilliant but just not feasible memory wise all together but I would make that campaign available to all as a separate download here Andrey for other peoples mega mods to load through JSGME. It gives a nice different perspective from the U-boat commanders that were involved in the war for the Baltic and the constant danger of mines.
Thanks for reply...Are we talk about same thing..You have better version Baltic war on sea ...trough Jsgm and compatible with Gwr or standalone

Last edited by dex; 11-18-21 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-18-21, 08:38 AM   #714
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

lol no we're not talking about the same thing as you mentioned Black sea campaign and I just wanted to let you know that Anvar has a Baltic sea campaign too he made but yeah its in the mods folder that comes with his compilation. I can't get his mod to work in Careers as with many many others here, how is it working for you?

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 08:55 AM   #715
dex
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle9154 View Post
lol no we're not talking about the same thing as you mentioned Black sea campaign and I just wanted to let you know that Anvar has a Baltic sea campaign too he made but yeah its in the mods folder that comes with his compilation. I can't get his mod to work in Careers as with many many others here, how is it working for you?
I was play Gwr before couple months ago...but I came back recently and interested for again to try but I don t see before when I playing that he have Baltic sea campaign

I m just finished downloading Gwr and try Baltic campaign
I ll let you know soon if it working
Thank you Kyle
Old 11-18-21, 11:20 AM   #716
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

Old 11-18-21, 11:42 AM   #717
dex
Engineer

Thanks for reply Anvar...Btw sub is beautiful
Old 11-18-21, 04:03 PM   #718
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Old 11-19-21, 02:58 AM   #719
dex
Engineer

Default about Red Baltic campaign

Hello Anvar... One question about Baltic campaign... I must wait strictly that date june december 1941 and then activate mod trough Jsgm...or to start via Sh3 commander career in 1941....Ready to go ,,try your new updated mod
Right now I try to start Gwr but nothing CTD on loading screen
I follow install instruction,started stock Sh3 once set graphic,sound,exit then start Jsgm load Gwr and again start sh3 exe game loading but don't wanna start,CTD

Last edited by dex; 11-19-21 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-19-21, 05:27 AM   #720
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hello Anvar...
Right now I try to start Gwr but nothing CTD on loading screen
I follow install instruction,started stock Sh3 once set graphic,sound,exit then start Jsgm load Gwr and again start sh3 exe game loading but don't wanna start,CTD
You haven't read the instructions carefully. First you need to activate the GWR via JSGME. Then apply MultiSH3, configure your HsieOptionsSelector_V16C and only after that run sh3.exe. Use SH3 Commander to start a career in the Red Baltic Campaign (June-December 1941).