SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-04-22, 12:20 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Powerful testimony by a Nurse to Congress (Video)

Powerful, factual testimony. For some time now, I have heard this from friends, family, acquaintances at all levels of the the healthcare profession...from staff, nurses, and even doctors.

Profit motive and authoritarianism are killing people and this nation.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 03:07 PM   #2
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

The truth is slowly coming out about the mandate Nazis Mengele methods of experimenting on the weak and disadvantaged. Shame on you, you mindless soulless animals. Think we’re ever going to see the true nature of the damage caused by your experiments?

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 04:14 PM   #3
Xboxman523
Watch

Downloads: 136

This nurse has been part of a group that said that vitamins, minerals, organic vegetable juice, and “ozone therapy” are the real cure for COVID-19. As well being at political rallies without social distancing or wearing a mask.
This video is also not at congress it's at a panel lead by US Senator Ron Johnson and has many notable anti-vaccine and misinformation spreaders. The reason people nod along is not because they are realizing she is right but because they went there already thinking the same like everyone there. Which is ironic cause they call people who wear masks and get the vaccine sheep.
If nurses are considered so important to listen to than I shall point out how my aunt is a nurse and she's been very helpful in helping people in our community get the vaccine. She is an older woman
My sister has what is called crohn's disease and because of this has a much weaker immune system. Fortunately while overseas for work she had been vaccinated and when she did get covid she had little problems and got better.
So I'm thankful for that and thank my God as well.
Xboxman523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 04:22 PM   #4
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

But what are your thoughts concerning her stated opinions, firsthand accounts and observations? That’s what I really want to hear about. She isn’t stupid or uneducated do you think it wise to simply disregard everything she says just because who she addressed or is associated with?

Old 02-04-22, 04:45 PM   #5
Xboxman523
Watch

I think one could easily make a case for her not being the best thinker if she chooses to believe in something like juice can stop a disease better than medical technology that's been effective for so long in human history. The same technology used by members of of militaries and groups such as charities to people in places such as Africa and South America
In my pov as a graduated history major, there is a reason why the ant-vax movement is so closely related to movement that do things such as deny the Holocaust or promote discrimination.
Their information is lousy and they like using these first hand accounts that just so happen to have no further collaboration besides people who already believed in the idea. Like random books being made that say the world is out for White people and the Holocaust was fake. These aren't legitimate sources of information and when we see why they exist it all makes sense. This woman claims to have made a group to donate to. The group doesn't exist but the ability to donate to her as an individual remains. Showing where the money goes, her pockets.
We've had the former and current US president both say to people that the vaccine is a benefit and it's a good idea to get them. But it doesn't matter to these people with these ideas cause they feel special for fighting the strawman in their heads. Like how a Neo-Nazi wishes to potray my culture and belief system as running the world and just striving to eliminate every white men, women and child. Despite that clearly not occurring and it being the other way around, in that Jews have been the victims of the Nazi ideology.
Old 02-04-22, 06:25 PM   #6
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

She’s not the best thinker and her information is lousy, we’ll there ya have ladies and gentleman . And that’s based on years of study and experience in what field of medicine?

I know the answer already but go ahead and enlighten us how you came to your conclusions?

I know one thing thing she is a helluva lot smarter than me, you or anyone else here. Her testimony, opinions and experiences ought be considered and discussed. Don’t you think? In intel you discount nothing it’s all gathered stored and analyzed conclusions are drawn from EVERYTHING you’ve collected. Except in medicine I guess.

Old 02-04-22, 06:37 PM   #7
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

I've found that the blue surgical masks work well as a scarf when breathing out in cold weather, I don't think they do much more than that. I could tape a napkin over my mouth for about the same effect.

Now a "real" N95, if I could get it without being swindled would be at least somewhat useful.
Old 02-04-22, 06:39 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A nurse is no doctor, surgeon or research scientist. Thats why the latter prescribe drugs and do surgery, the first not. End of story.
Old 02-04-22, 06:54 PM   #9
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I've found that the blue surgical masks work well as a scarf when breathing out in cold weather, I don't think they do much more than that. I could tape a napkin over my mouth for about the same effect.
We have b een there so often, it has been debunked so often. Its not as good as an N95, but much better than just some cotton thing over the face.

Heck, its even almost self-explanatory. Virus does not float in the air, but sticks on m opisture oarticles. These particles get very well filtered by melt blow fabric. Thats why they are called particle masks - they filter particles. Particles/droplets with virus sticking on and in them.

If you sneeze into yoru ahdn with all five fingers spread, much air goes through. If you keep your fingers closed, more air gets deflected. If you sneeze into your hat, even more air gets deflected.

It does not always need rocket science to figure simple things out. Sometimes just plain reason works very well already.

A study by Johsn Hopkins University has just found that mask wearing was probably the most effective single measure taken to reduce number of Covid-caused deaths and ifnecitons. 24% less than without mask reigme, they say. That is to be put in relation to global numbers of 388 million cases and 5.7 million killed by Covid. Lethality from these numbers is 1.9%. No masks worn, even in only Europe, Asia and Americ, would have translated into several hundred thousand kills more, if not a low number in the millions. Not even mentioning case numbers.
Old 02-04-22, 06:59 PM   #10
Xboxman523
Watch

If we're gonna play the game of "She knows more than us" than the same applies to people above her who disagree with her. So I can use that to point out why/how she is wrong. Cause they know more and are more skilled than her.
And as I've said my aunt's a nurse and based on age I believe has been a nurse longer. So there is also that direction where we can also point how other nurses disagree with this woman.
Old 02-04-22, 07:09 PM   #11
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

This must be powerful, hard-hitting testimony if the video uploader won't let anyone comment on it.

Subnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 07:09 PM   #12
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I know one thing thing she is a helluva lot smarter than me, you or anyone else here. Her testimony, opinions and experiences ought be considered and discussed. Don’t you think?
And Doctor Fauci has even more education and experience on the subject than she does.

Or doesn’t he count, because you disagree with him?
Old 02-04-22, 08:24 PM   #13
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Oh dear, I have blasphemed against Mr. Science. Please forgive me.

Old 02-04-22, 10:08 PM   #14
Xboxman523
Watch

You chose to comment and decided it was best to compare ongoing anti-Covid measures to Mengele. That gives people the right to point out the numerous flaws with your way of thinking and words.
Old 02-05-22, 12:10 AM   #15
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
And Doctor Fauci has even more education and experience on the subject than she does.

Or doesn’t he count, because you disagree with him?

Fauci is a government stooge, a bureaucrat, who at minimum is incompetent, even with his education and experience. Consensus I've noticed among those on all sides of these, is that he is pretty awful. Of course, some support him reflexively, some hate him reflexively. Nice to see consensus on him, more and more as of late.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote