SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-17-08, 04:06 PM   #721
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger
Is TMO compatible with RFB ? (or is it like GWX and NYGM in SH3, when you had to choose which one you use ?)

Can soneone very briefly explain to me please what are the main differences between these mods ? I currently use TMO, and from what I have read here RFB does not pack so many eye-candy features like TMO. Please correct me if I am wrong.
You sir are correct, its either one or the other that is why I run two installs with the help of MultiSH4. As to the differences there are many technical and philosophical ones. I encourage you to read up on Ducimus thread about his work on TMO and its genesis. As far as RFB goes you can come to the linked forum (see below) and follow along in the development.

Eye candy is in the eye of the beholder, something for everyone. I believe with Kriller2's PE4 you have the best of both worlds as you can add them to TMO and RFB. Either way you will not be dissappointed with game play or eye candy.

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 02:50 PM   #722
Leigh
Watch

Downloads: 0

This is probably a little late now but as I have only just installed this mod, I'd like to say thanks for all the hard work that must have gone into it. Great work!

The only problem I have which is about my level of skill and not that on the mod, is the difficulty level. In single missions I can select easy skill levels ok but in the missions no matter what changes I make in the skill difficulty page they do not change anything in the mission.

Is there a way I could use this mod on easy/easier settings?

Many thanks
Leigh
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 04:29 PM   #723
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

I dont know if you can change the skill of the boats, the difficulty modifiers are more related to oxygen, fuel, compressed air and damage fixiing....

you have TMO for 1.5 have you also installed Run Silent Run Deep?, if not, DO IT you will love the challenge!

have fun and remember, SH4 is addictive, and the more real it gets, the better the experience.

salud!

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-08, 06:12 PM   #724
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh

The only problem I have which is about my level of skill and not that on the mod, is the difficulty level. In single missions I can select easy skill levels ok but in the missions no matter what changes I make in the skill difficulty page they do not change anything in the mission.

Many thanks
Leigh
De-activate Trigger and do the following to water down the AI a bit

Go to this file ( from read-me ):

/data/cfg/sim.cfg

and change the Hydrophone Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 2 to 3. Then change the sonar Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 3 to 5. Easy mode and dumber AI should be yours again.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-08, 02:46 AM   #725
Leigh
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
I dont know if you can change the skill of the boats, the difficulty modifiers are more related to oxygen, fuel, compressed air and damage fixiing....

you have TMO for 1.5 have you also installed Run Silent Run Deep?, if not, DO IT you will love the challenge!

have fun and remember, SH4 is addictive, and the more real it gets, the better the experience.

salud!
Thank, yes I have TMO for 1.5.
I have had Run Silent Run Deep before and enjoyed it. Does this work with TMO?

The oxygen, fuel and compressed air are ok, my main difficulty is losing the automatic targetting. I agree it is very addictive and like it to be as real as possible but I would like a few hits which I can't get with manual targetting.
Old 09-20-08, 02:53 AM   #726
Leigh
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:

Many thanks
Leigh

/data/cfg/sim.cfg

and change the Hydrophone Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 2 to 3. Then change the sonar Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation from 3 to 5. Easy mode and dumber AI should be yours again.

RDP
Thanks, I'll try this when I get home from work this evening.
After making these changes would I then re-activate Trigger? If not then wouldn't de-activating Trigger revert to original settings anyway? Sorry this may seem a stupid question. I can get my head round some flight sim config files but this is new ground for me.
Old 09-20-08, 06:12 PM   #727
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza

salud!
Thank, yes I have TMO for 1.5.
I have had Run Silent Run Deep before and enjoyed it. Does this work with TMO?

The oxygen, fuel and compressed air are ok, my main difficulty is losing the automatic targetting. I agree it is very addictive and like it to be as real as possible but I would like a few hits which I can't get with manual targetting.
yes run silent run deep has a version specially designed for Trigger Maru Overhauled, see post no.1 of it

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 10:39 AM   #728
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter

Downloads: 164

What does the red line on the depth meter mean? I thought it was crush depth, but I just went down to 400ft and all was fine!!???!!
Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-08, 01:09 PM   #729
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba
What does the red line on the depth meter mean? I thought it was crush depth, but I just went down to 400ft and all was fine!!???!!
It is the sub's test depth. When you press the D key it will submerge to its test depth. Test depth is the guaranteed maximum safe depth of each sub. Any deeper and it becomes a crap shoot if you live to see the sky again.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-08, 04:37 PM   #730
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dodger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
It's not just TMO, RFB does it as well, I think it was a glitch introduced with the UBM 1.5 "patch".

Not sure if there is a work around.
I'm sure this has been happening long before I got the 1.5 patch. This is just the first time I've remembered it long enough to comment on it. I'm also sure it was first introduced with one of the TM mods, but so long ago that I don't remember when I first noticed it.

So far, I haven't been able to find the location in the menu_1024_768.ini file. I'm sure that's where the problem is. I'll keep looking, and report back if I find it.
I don't visit this thread often, but If you don't save and reload the game, the dates are not wrong, they are listed correctly. I truthfully don't think the issue is in the menu.ini file. I think it would be kept in the save data.
It bothers me as well so maybe someone has a solution. Will post back.
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-08, 07:26 AM   #731
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:

Many thanks
Leigh

/data/cfg/sim.cfg

RDP
Thanks, I'll try this when I get home from work this evening.
After making these changes would I then re-activate Trigger? If not then wouldn't de-activating Trigger revert to original settings anyway? Sorry this may seem a stupid question. I can get my head round some flight sim config files but this is new ground for me.
Do the changes in Trigger that I posted ( when de-activated ), I should have mentioned that, sorry , then re-activate Trigger and you are good to go with the toned down AI

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-08, 06:14 PM   #732
Dolemite-
Watch

Downloads: 162

So how exactly are tower refits supposed to happen? Its Feb. '43 and I still have the bathtub tower for the Gato, and have been getting 20,000+ tons for every patrol and earning the required renown for the refit, but it never comes.

I've looked into the "NSS_Gato" UPC file in the "Submarine" folder and the dates* match up with the "unitparts1Gato" file in the UPCUnitsData folder. But in that same folder the "UnitParts" file doesnt quite match up, it matches all the Gato's lines but other subs, like the Porpoise dont have the MS32 LateWar (Elite) tower lines. Should I try to add these? Would these files conflict if they didnt match up properly?

Or could someone who is running TMO 152 and getting refits please upload their UnitParts.upc file so I can how mine is different? Because this is frustrating

*Dates being these
NULL, 1942-06-31, EarlyWar
-1942-07-01, 1943-01-31, MedWar
-1943-02-01, 1944-01-31, LateWar
-1944-02-01, NULL, LateWarMS32
Dolemite- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-08, 05:57 PM   #733
thumper
Gunner

Downloads: 394
Default camera and torpedo mods

I have tmo 1.4 and it works just fine..I want to use TMO 1.5.2 but i like the moveable interior camera and the torpedo colors of TMO 1.4. Any hints on how to make this work??
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 04:23 AM   #734
Aniuk
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default give it a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper
I have tmo 1.4 and it works just fine..I want to use TMO 1.5.2 but i like the moveable interior camera and the torpedo colors of TMO 1.4. Any hints on how to make this work??
I'm running TMO 1.5.2. and although I must answer "from memory": Look at he FAQ from Ducimus. It works fine for me and if I remember it correctly self explaining.

If you can work TMO 1.4, I'm sure TMO 1.5.2 is no problem. SHIFT F2 was the one I used for the Interior camera (before I installed other mods).

It is really worth wile to give it a try. Maybe other subsimmers can give you a more eleborate answer.

happy hunting.

edit: and if you don't succeed, you can roll back with a clean install of TMO 1.4
Old 10-08-08, 05:34 PM   #735
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

As people very nicely requested a version of the range readout mod for TM, I've made a version for TMO 1.52. You'll be able to get accurate radar ranges and bearings now if you want:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142884