SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-10-05, 02:43 PM   #376
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Well, the doctrine fixes have nothing to do with the 1.02 patch.

I would never steal another persons work, but I also wouldn't let prefectly good enhancements rot on the table when the community could have been using them since month one.
Old 10-10-05, 02:47 PM   #377
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Their knowledge FAR exceeds mine, so I'm sure they have a good reason for keeping their work to themselves for a year and, of course, when and if DWX comes out, it will be truly remarkable.

I'm just not sure why they aren't playing with the rest of the boys out in the field as of now and sitting in their basements instead. :hmm:

But that is the privledge of the people with the knowledge and thus the power.
Old 10-10-05, 03:01 PM   #378
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0

I'm not going to blast away with anything that's why I'm asking

Just checked for sure because it was few months ago. I didn't use any parts of Thomas work in my DW demo of ADCAP doctrine, it was based on standard SCS doctrine. Only demo of my SC ADCAP doctrine was based on SCXIIc version, because it was mentioned to be used under SCXIIc so it was simply SCXIIc ADCAP doctrine with only parts calculating torpedo fuel/range/speed changed and notes in header added.
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 02:45 AM   #379
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

I am afraid do am unable to say yes or no.

Send Thomas a PM he might answer.
Some times he disappears for ages then comes back and something has been done. Same happened with SCX...thought nothing was happening and then SCXIIC was here almost done.
Old 10-11-05, 08:26 AM   #380
N00be
Seaman

Hi! I gor a question: I installed the mod, and played with it fine. Before I ran the install bat, I ran the backup bat file.
Now I wanted to play with someone who hasnt installed the mod. So I ran unisntall bat file but when I am ingame it still sais that my game database differs. Are there any files I need to delete manually, that were added with the mod? What else is changed than the 2 folders doctrine and database?
N00be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 10:17 AM   #381
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00be
Hi! I gor a question: I installed the mod, and played with it fine. Before I ran the install bat, I ran the backup bat file.
Now I wanted to play with someone who hasnt installed the mod. So I ran unisntall bat file but when I am ingame it still sais that my game database differs. Are there any files I need to delete manually, that were added with the mod? What else is changed than the 2 folders doctrine and database?
Well it sounds like you backed up and removed the mod properly. This means that your pre-mod database is different from your friend's. The most common database inconsistency is that one person has the hotfix installed and one of you doesn't. It's also possible that one of you has other mods installed.

If you don't have the hotfix installed, make sure the LW/Ami mod is uninstalled, install the hotfix, and then run the backup.bat again. Then try connection again and check for database errors. If the errors persist, try connecting to someone else, to see if the problem is with your database or your friend's.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 02:24 PM   #382
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Nothing beside the database and doctrine folders is changed, uninstall script should return game to the state it was at the moment when you run backup script. There is no need to delete anything manually, all important files are overwritten, and additional files does not interfere with anything.
But it's good to have original database and doctrine folders archived somwhere anyway, just in case. Deleting them in game folder and restoring clean versions from archive should solve everything, but uninstall script should work as well, even though some additional files are left there. Simple additional "delete *.*" line in the uninstall script would make the same, maybe I add in later, just in case... You may manually delete contents of doctrine and database folders and then copy to them files from .LwAmiMod folders.
But the most probably cause, as was said, is that your database files were not standard already when you run the backup script.
Old 10-11-05, 08:52 PM   #383
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I've sent a new SubAvoidWeap doctrine to Bill, which signficantly improves the AI torpedo evasion routines, especially with the non-exploding on CM torpedos from the Mod.

http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=44047 for details.
Old 10-11-05, 10:42 PM   #384
darksythe
Lieutenant

Downloads: 4

@ LW & AMI.

Any idea on if your still interested in getting a website put together for the mod? if so get ahold of me so i can start putting somethings together for it.

Thanks,

Mike "DarkSythe" Young.
darksythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-05, 10:49 PM   #385
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Mike, we've both been dang, darn busy.

I'm sorry about leaving you hanging about that.

Amizaur, any thoughts on my email?
Old 10-11-05, 10:55 PM   #386
darksythe
Lieutenant

Np.. As you witnessed last thursday night i was pretty busy.. ummmmm Unwinding? :rotfl: See post http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopi...=402065#402065
<--Here and youll remember what i mean.
Old 10-11-05, 11:10 PM   #387
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

I replied you already, week ago or so, that would be great to have a dedicated place for the mod :-). I'm up for it
Old 10-11-05, 11:15 PM   #388
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Oh, Doh!

I thought you were going to send another one... my mistake.

Ok... you and Mike should get in touch about the specifics. I'm a bit out of my league here with the webdesign issues. :hmm:
Old 10-11-05, 11:49 PM   #389
darksythe
Lieutenant

lol sometimes underwater comunications can move slow. lol ill standby to get ahold of ami, and discuss any desires he would have for the site.

You can reach me
msn at jfc_darksythe@comcast.net
email mike.young2@gmail.com
icq hmm what was that number... i forget well LW has it lol
cell phone is available if you wish
and also team speak on my days off thursday/friday

Some things to be considered.

1. Monthly costs for hosting. (i can handle these to start with. depending on the amount of traffic we draw we may need to take donations to front bandwidth costs.)

2. Domain Name registration. lwami.com etc...(or i can just get a a domain of my own and host you under it at something like www.lwami.mydomain.com etc..)

3. What kinda color schemes do you want to look at.

4. How graphic intensive do you want the site

5. Shall we have our own forums for the mod (I suggest this, Its not much extra work. Maybe an hour or so.)

6. Do you want a user management system to keep track of users feed back on the site seperate from forums.(Along with other features)

Im going to assume a few things such as.

1. We will want a News System Dynamic based(Database driven)

2. We would want a download system(duh download the mod lol. Unless youd rather just leave it at subguru.com (I would suggest we host our own copy and have subguru.com mirror it. that way you could also post also host beta versions for the beta testers which we could have using the user management system.))

So you can look these things over see how they fit with your ideas and get ahold of me either here or at any of the other ways listed.

ttys
Old 10-13-05, 02:49 PM   #390
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

This was posted over at the SCS forum by DaveB, a former MPA flyboy.

It seems we got the buoy sensitivity pretty close.

Quote:
Now assume a 3nm detection range on your buoys (generous - in reality some buoys don't even register they've been run over by the target)